Clean Romances discussion

Welcome!! > New to the group

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 171 comments Hi there, Tara. You've come to the right place. Look at our bookshelf and you should find some great new reads. :-)

message 2: by Theresia (new)

Theresia Riggs | 8 comments Hi Tara, you might give my new book a read called "The Hacienda" A Historical Romance, By TB Riggs, on Amazon/ kindle :) and maybe leave some feedback on it. I am writing an entire series of "Texas Love Stories." So far I have "three" published, with another "two" in the series, soon to be published.
Check out my website: tbriggsnovelist.com

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 249 comments Hi Tara, we clean Romance writers are doing our best to keep up with demand! Good to have you here!

message 4: by C. (new)

C. | 289 comments Hi Tara, WELCOME, and for more clean reads feel free to check out the bookshelf in my group~https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

and my bookshelves on my profile page~https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1...

message 5: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Humphrey (phumphrey) | 14 comments Hi! Glad you're here. I write clean romance and clean romantic suspense. That's what I like to read also.

Feel free to friend me on here.

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 249 comments Tara wrote: "Can I add you all to my friends list"

Yes, that's a nice thing to do, thank you. I see you are new and I think you just have to take a look at our profiles and if you like what you see you can send us a request to be a 'Friend'. It's usually near our avatar.

message 7: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) | 147 comments Hi, Tara, would be delighted if you wanted to send a Friend invite!

message 8: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael | 23 comments Hi Tara,

I'm new here myself! Author and reader of clean romances.

Welcome to the group!

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Brown | 4 comments I am new to the group. I prefer clean romances. I don't like any profanity. I do like love making scenes as long as bad language is not used. I don't mind the author writing out the full love making scenes as long as they are written tastefully.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Brown | 4 comments The closest I have come to finding the type of romance I like to read is Harlequin Romance-Desire. I also have 1 author who does not write for Harlequin Romance, who writes exactly the types of stories I love to read. I would love to find more authors like her.

message 11: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Humphrey (phumphrey) | 14 comments Welcome, Lisa!

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Brown | 4 comments Thank you!

message 13: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael | 23 comments Lisa wrote: "Thank you!"

Welcome, Lisa! Like you, I prefer non-graphic romance, and write them too. Please check out my debut Fantasy romance GUARDED WISH (Guarded Trilogy) here on GoodReads, and see if this might be more to your liking. Hope you get a chance to read them!--Addison Carmichael

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Brown | 4 comments I sure will. Thank you so much! I am looking for new authors who write like I prefer.

message 15: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Humphrey (phumphrey) | 14 comments I've never read any of the Harlequin Romance - Desire, so I can't say if my books are similar to what you like to read.
I write Romance and Romantic Suspense. I have two free short stories available online and the first book in my series (Hill Country Secrets) is 99¢ if you want to check them out.
Feel free to message me if you have any questions. -pam

message 16: by Anne (new)

Anne Ashby | 21 comments Hi Lisa, welcome. I'm sure you'll find quite a few clean authors here, including myself. I write clean, but more suitable for 16+ readers. Just one point though, 'Desire' stories tend to be quite a bit more "graphic" than most clean writers write - or at least in the ones I have read, so be aware the love scenes in clean stories are usually "behind closed doors" - good luck with your search for stories you enjoy

message 17: by HR-ML (last edited Nov 23, 2018 09:36AM) (new)

HR-ML (hr-movielover) Hi All,

I'm Cheryl from Cincinnati. I read a range of romances from clean to erotic. But the latter often has more sex and less story or no story.

The story is the thing! On reviews I may write a book has 'kisses only.' Frankly I'm tired of kissy/ grabby/ controlling HR rogues. To kiss a strange woman behind a potted plant at a ball shows disrespect. 1 HR had a H rescue the h from a man importuning her & a few minutes later, the hero did the same thing!!! Can't an author see the sad irony in this???

Off my soapbox now.

message 18: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Michaels | 2 comments Hi everyone!
I enjoy reading clean fun romance. I'm always looking for new suggestions with happy ever after endings. I also like reading cozy mysteries that have a touch of romance included.

I look forward to being a part of this group.
Sharon Michaels

message 19: by HR-ML (last edited Nov 23, 2018 05:57PM) (new)

HR-ML (hr-movielover) Welcome Sharon!!

message 20: by Julie (new)

Julie Brown (julieb657) | 1 comments Sharon - I love same. Are you a fan of Hallmark movies, too?

message 21: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Michaels | 2 comments Julie wrote: "Sharon - I love same. Are you a fan of Hallmark movies, too?"

Julie,
I love Hallmark movies!!!
My husband and I decided to give up TV last year. So I've been reading more.
I'm thinking about getting the Hallmark internet channel for my computer. I miss the movies.