Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Completed Novel, 97K, Horror, Teenage Protagonist, Paranormal (Mermaids)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CM Alsop (new)

CM Alsop (cmalsop) | 3 comments I am currently looking for beta readers for my manuscript She Came From The Sea. This would be the second round of beta readers I am seeking, as the last round was several years ago. After some much-needed polishing, I am ready to move forward. The synopsis is as follows:

Tourist destination Star Harbor has picturesque waters, beaches, lighthouses, and residents. Unfortunately for moody teenager Brent, these things mean nothing. His best friend Steven was murdered a few months ago by the psychopath still stalking men near the water. Then, his crush rejected him publicly. His parents are divorcing, and they obsess over ruining each other's lives. Deciding to end it all, he goes to a secluded beach of black rocks. A beautiful woman saves him, and she reveals her secret to him: she is half woman, half fish-a mermaid. Love binds them together, but their love story is a twisted picture painted with blood in the sand.

A horror novel involving mermaids, murder, and terrible decisions.
Word count: 97K

The Prologue and Chapter 1 are on my Wattpad, if you want to read some before committing.

I am open to swapping beta-reader services with other writers, even outside of the horror genre (my experience in swords and sorcery and romance stories are also limited, but I do enjoy them). I am also open to short stories or other pieces of writing that maybe you would like some feedback on. I will be reading and providing feedback on a first come, first serve basis. I like Word documents because I can use track changes and insert comments, but PDFs are fine too. I am not in a rush to have feedback.

Any help on my journey is greatly appreciated!

message 2: by CM Alsop (new)

CM Alsop (cmalsop) | 3 comments I am still looking to swap, if anyone is interested.

message 3: by Boris (new)

Boris | 11 comments Hi Ephemera, I am happy to consider a swap if you are interested in a historic fantasy set in late antiquity. Just let me know.

message 4: by CM Alsop (new)

CM Alsop (cmalsop) | 3 comments Hello Boris, your book sounds intriguing. I'd love to swap. I'll send you a message.