The Fandom Entries & Monthly Readathons discussion

Marvel FANDOM > Infinity War SPOILERY DISCUSSION

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lou, Book Queen (last edited May 26, 2018 10:19AM) (new)

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 527 comments Mod
Spoilers are in here, you have been warned :)

I've just come back from seeing Infinity War. WHATTHEHECK? FJI;ICDSNFOHFNDOIJCNDFNDKJFMCIDKJFNICKDNFIKDJDOWLSJDNXIFIHEODDFUQHIO3290RU049E302R-FWEHDCNX0-R3
WHYWHYWHYWHY
I SWEAR IF THESE GUYS DO NOT COME BACK IN PART 2 I WILL DIE, THAT WAS JUST CRUEL.
(view spoiler)
Have you guys seen it yet? What did you think?

message 2: by Riley (new)

Riley (woowreallly) I saw it. Peter Parkers death was by far the saddest. I was like, "wth!!!!!! Why are they all dying!!!!!". I hope they do come back. I was so sad Vision dies, and pretty much everyone else. It was pretty crazy.

message 3: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Ikr "I don't wanna go, Mr. Stark!" it broke me even though I'm not a spidey fan.:(((

message 4: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

My favourite characters are Thor and Rocket in this one :)
And my favourite scene was when Okoye, Nat, and Wanda teamed up to kill that "daughter of Thanos" That. Was. Epic. <3

message 5: by Sapphire (new)

Sapphire | 8 comments Groot’s last words were ‘Dad’! And Gamora my poor girl..😢😳

message 6: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Sahla wrote: "Groot’s last words were ‘Dad’! And Gamora my poor girl..😢😳"

I know! I was heart broken when I found that out ;-;
And Gamora...sniff... That was horrible when Thanos was about to kill her and she was too busy gloating about how he doesn't love anyone that she didn't realise...

message 7: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

What was you guys' favourite part? and characters?

message 8: by Riley (new)

Riley (woowreallly) StarLord and it's hard to choose a favorite part. But maybe when Thor first arrives on the Guardians Of The Galaxy's ship.

message 9: by Sapphire (new)

Sapphire | 8 comments Thor arriving in wakanda- all it was missing was the Immigrant song

message 10: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Sahla wrote: "Thor arriving in wakanda- all it was missing was the Immigrant song"

Aw YES. I wish they had play that, that would have been amazing xD

message 11: by Kelly Rose (new)

Kelly Rose | 55 comments My favorite characters have always been Thor, Cap, and Bucky. You can imagine my heartbreak when I saw what happened to Bucky. The Marvel writers seriously need to cut him a break. :,(

Thor arriving in Wakanda was also my favorite part! He finally got to shine in an Avengers movie. I had been waiting 7 years for that moment lol.

message 12: by Sapphire (new)

Sapphire | 8 comments Rocket has always been my personal favorite. Trash panda ftw

message 13: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Kelly wrote: "My favorite characters have always been Thor, Cap, and Bucky. You can imagine my heartbreak when I saw what happened to Bucky. The Marvel writers seriously need to cut him a break. :,(

Thor arrivi..."

Bucky turning to ash was the what made me the most upset (that and Groot) I didn't even see it coming even though I got spoiled for all the deaths.

I actually thought Thor had killed Thanos when he drove "Stormbreaker" into Thanos. But then I was like, isn't there part 2?
And when Thanos said "You should have aimed for the head" I was almost sure Thor was going to die. So relieved that he didn't but then nearly everyone else did :/
Am I the only one who didn't see Thanos click his fingers? When Gamora said he can wipe out half the universe with a snap of his fingers I thought she was speaking figuratively, not literally he can just snap his fingers when he's gained all the infinity stones, and poof! half the population will be gone!
And as I said before I didn't even see the snap, so I was really confused...

message 14: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Sahla wrote: "Rocket has always been my personal favorite. Trash panda ftw"

Love Rocket <3<3

message 15: by Emma Mellark (new)

Emma Mellark | 24 comments I grew up with Spiderman, and I fell in love with Tom Holland. As soon as he said "Mr. Stark I don't feel so good." I burst into tears because I knew what was coming. WHYYYYYY???? Every single one of my favorite heroes died in that movie! (Except Hawkeye, but we really don't know what happened to him.)

message 16: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Emma Mellark wrote: "I grew up with Spiderman, and I fell in love with Tom Holland. As soon as he said "Mr. Stark I don't feel so good." I burst into tears because I knew what was coming. WHYYYYYY???? Every single one ..."

We all know they're gonna come back though. I mean, there can't be a Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (they have announced that there is going to be a Vol. 3)if there aren't any Guardians, right?
But seeing them all vanish was horrible. Especially because we've all got to wait a year for the next one to come out. I mean, this is just touture!
And I hope Hawkeye's family didn't get disintegrated though. Some people think that's happened and Hawkeye is going to now be known as Ronin and revenge them, but personally I can't picture that coming...

message 17: by Emma Mellark (new)

Emma Mellark | 24 comments Wasn't there already a Ronin? Also I looked it up there's a spider-man homecoming sequel so he's got to survive!

message 18: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Emma Mellark wrote: "Wasn't there already a Ronin? Also I looked it up there's a spider-man homecoming sequel so he's got to survive!"

Nah that's Ronan--quite confusing...
Yasss! I knew it! Now there just needs to be a Bucky movie and then I'll come out of my depression I'm in after watching Bucky turn to ash be satisfied.

message 19: by Kelly Rose (new)

Kelly Rose | 55 comments LydiaMae wrote: "Kelly wrote: "My favorite characters have always been Thor, Cap, and Bucky. You can imagine my heartbreak when I saw what happened to Bucky. The Marvel writers seriously need to cut him a break. :,..."

(Sorry in advance, long post.)
I know!! Ugh. I just kept thinking, don't take Bucky, don't take Bucky. But when he said, "Steve," and turned to ash... now it's personal. He definitely needs his own movie! I feel like he's been through more trauma, pain, experience, than anyone (besides maybe Thor).

I was fed up with Iron Man in Civil War when he was trying to murder Bucky when none of the Hydra stuff was his fault, yet he had the torture of remembering it all. Can't the guy have a little peace?? He went through WWII, getting captured and experimented on, falling from a train and captured again, losing his arm, brainwash, psychological and physical abuse, frozen in time throughout the years only brought back when necessary for Hydra, forced to commit horrible crimes/murders though still retaining memory of said horrors, forced to fight best friend from childhood whom he doesn't remember. All leading to him getting his memory back and attempting to lead a quiet life in Romania till he is forced to relive it all again in Civil War, and then literally crumbles to pieces in Infinity War. Ever since watching Captain America: The First Avenger, I just wanted him to have a happy ending. Surely someone else noticed this Bucky abuse too? :,(

And as for the snapping, I haven't thought about it, but yeah I don't actually remember him physically snapping with the gauntlet on. Hmm..
I thought the same thing with Thor. I had a mini heart attack every time I thought he was going to die.

message 20: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Kelly wrote: "LydiaMae wrote: "Kelly wrote: "My favorite characters have always been Thor, Cap, and Bucky. You can imagine my heartbreak when I saw what happened to Bucky. The Marvel writers seriously need to cu..."

I know right, just cut the guy a break already! I'm not sure any superhero has ever just stopped being a hero and just settled down in the MCU, Tony Stark wants to but we all know that's never going to happen...
If Thor dies in Avengers 4 I don't know what I'm going to do. It was pretty bad when Loki "died" (I'm still in denial...) but Thor as well would be too much. I've come to love Thor even more in Ragnarok than any other movie with Thor in. He's just so great in Ragnarok! It's a shame that that's supposedly the last Thor movie :'(
I'm already onto movie theories and leaked set photos of Avenger 4 What do you think of these?

Cap's got his old uniform from Avenger's Assemble on and Tony's got greyish hair and they all have those wristband-watches type things. Now this could be photoshop (I am 96% sure it is, because I recognise one of those photos from something else...) but it's still interesting... there's also a couple of theories like this one going around YouTube. I know this is unlikely but it's still pretty interesting.
Is there any confirmed cast members yet? And according to this Lady Sif is dead. NOOOOOKRIFDKJVBNFKFNEMIODSKFNC please say she's coming back and she was only...dust-tifyed. I feel like I'm the only one who ships Sif with Thor...Hmm? Oh come on! I've got Norse Mythology on my side!

message 21: by Kelly Rose (new)

Kelly Rose | 55 comments LydiaMae wrote: "Kelly wrote: "LydiaMae wrote: "Kelly wrote: "My favorite characters have always been Thor, Cap, and Bucky. You can imagine my heartbreak when I saw what happened to Bucky. The Marvel writers seriou..."

I'll never believe that Loki is dead. He's a trickster, the master of magic, the god of mischief. Him going at Thanos with nothing but a dagger, does not seem realistic at all.

I know, I heard that Chris doesn't want to play Thor anymore. That hurts my heart, but I'm so happy that they showed off his powers how they are supposed to be. I believe only Thor 1, Thor 3, and Infinity War have done that.

Wow if those are real, I don't even know where to begin. Tony's wearing a S.H.I.E.L.D. outfit? Also why are they covered in dots like some CGI costume is going to take place? Is the watch wrist thingy like the thing Tony wore in Civil War to put the iron man suit on his hand when Bucky was attacking or was that different?

I'm not sure, I think Sebastian Stan is contracted for Avengers 4, if that's true, yay! I heard about the Sif thing. I was furious. The Russo brothers should not be allowed that much power, to decide the fate of every single character in the MCU?? She escapes the doom of Asgard just to be turned to ash off-camera? No I'm with you, I've been shipping them from the beginning lol. The Thor/Jane ship never felt right. Thor and Sif are together in the comics that's why I always secretly hoped they'd show it in the movies.

message 22: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Kelly wrote: "LydiaMae wrote: "Kelly wrote: "LydiaMae wrote: "Kelly wrote: "My favorite characters have always been Thor, Cap, and Bucky. You can imagine my heartbreak when I saw what happened to Bucky. The Marv..."

I know right! If that actually is real, I'm really disappointed with the screenwriters. He didn't even die to for anything--I'd think better if he died trying to save Thor. (I mean, he was in a way, but they could have made it seem more dramatic) But Loki saying "We have a hulk" is one thing to be grateful for, loved that!

Aw no! Chris Hemsworth is brilliant as Thor, I can't picture anyone else! Is his contract over with the company already?

I know it's so weird! I'm really excited for Avengers 4 but I'm scared that it'll be too rushed because so much needs to be done in this movie!

Well, I've done some digging on the net and according to this. Sebastian Stan originally signed up for 9 movies(!). I really hope this is true!

I know right ;-;!
Yeah and besides, in Thor: The Dark World she was ready to date someone else. Like, who on earth can compare to Thor?

Ooh I haven't read the comics yet, have you? If so, any ideas on which one to start first?

message 23: by Sapphire (new)

Sapphire | 8 comments honestly the comics are kind of a tangled web, but Ms Marvel (willow wilson) Black panther (ta nehisi coates), Secret Wars and the Civil war II storyline are good stuff.

message 24: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Sahla wrote: "honestly the comics are kind of a tangled web, but Ms Marvel (willow wilson) Black panther (ta nehisi coates), Secret Wars and the Civil war II storyline are good stuff."

I know what you mean about the comics... But anyway, thanks for the recommendations! Definitely will check them out, thanks!

message 25: by Kelly Rose (new)

Kelly Rose | 55 comments Kelly wrote: "LydiaMae wrote: "Kelly wrote: "LydiaMae wrote: "Kelly wrote: "My favorite characters have always been Thor, Cap, and Bucky. You can imagine my heartbreak when I saw what happened to Bucky. The Marv..."

I have a feeling it's just another one of his tricks, but I'm not sure if the writers think bringing Loki back is too predictable. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm still waiting on a Loki solo movie though. A spin-off where Thor and Loki are kids/teenagers would be interesting.

I know, same! He is Thor lol. I think Avengers 4 was the end of his contract but I could be wrong. He said he had a lot more fun making Ragnarok and it did much better than the first 2 films, so maybe he'll be back for a fourth?

Exactly! Thanos being the biggest/most powerful villain, they are really going to have to cram a lot in to come up with a suitable conclusion.

Ooh yay! But it also worries me that they might be trying to replace Cap with Bucky like in the comics. I can't bear to see either of them gone. ),:

That's so true! That scene was funny though when he called her and afterwards Thor was like, "So who's Richard?" lol

I've read a few of the retro ones, The Mighty Thor comics and The Avengers. My favorites so far are Avengers (1963-1996) #234 where Scarlet Witch tells her and Quicksilver's origin story; and Thor (1966-1996) #274 just before the events of Ragnarok. It has all the characters: Thor, Loki, Warriors Three, Sif, Frigga, Odin and even Sleipnir and Hela. My favorite oldies comics are the ones with the most recognizable characters I guess. :)

message 26: by Sapphire (new)

Sapphire | 8 comments Gosh I hope so. It looks pretty bad for Vision and Gamora, tho. It’s rumored that Nebula has a significant role in future stories- at one point in the comics she even gets the gauntlet. Maybe she’ll ‘replace’ Gamora in a narrative sense?

message 27: by Sapphire (new)

Sapphire | 8 comments Ikr!? I feel like her development in IW was a bit rushed, but the scene where Peter pulls the trigger was one of the best in the movie. Ugh I love them. I also don’t really blame Peter either. It’s how his character has been set up, and steeling himself to kill Gamora must’ve messed him up.

message 28: by Diana (new)

Diana Ragsdale | 12 comments For all the Loki fans... https://www.change.org/p/marvel-studi...

message 29: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Diana wrote: "For all the Loki fans... https://www.change.org/p/marvel-studi..."

Haha! I signed that as soon as I watched IW xDD

message 30: by Mel's library (new)

Mel's library  (melslibrary) | 5 comments Alexis wrote: "There's a theory that all the people who died are trapped in the soul stone, so all they need to do is break the soul stone and they'll all be there again."

I've read about that too! It said everyone who died from the Snap are all going to come back but the others who died before the snap (Loki, Gamora...) are dead for real. I want Bucky back!! He deserves so much better

message 31: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Mel's library wrote: "Alexis wrote: "There's a theory that all the people who died are trapped in the soul stone, so all they need to do is break the soul stone and they'll all be there again."

I've read about that too..."

Same, Bucky's "death" was so quick. It was like he was there one minute and gone the next ;-;
And I know the facts are against me, but I'm still denying Loki's death ;-;

message 32: by Mel's library (new)

Mel's library  (melslibrary) | 5 comments LydiaMae wrote: "Mel's library wrote: "Alexis wrote: "There's a theory that all the people who died are trapped in the soul stone, so all they need to do is break the soul stone and they'll all be there again."

I'..."

Well Loki IS a trickster after all, to believe he died the way he did is a little hard to do. I lost count of all the times he pretended to be dead, maybe this is just another one of his trick! He's not my favorite character but I've grown to like him more after seeing Ragnarok, it would be sad if he really is gone..

message 33: by Lou, Book Queen (last edited Jul 05, 2018 01:11PM) (new)

Mel's library wrote: "LydiaMae wrote: "Mel's library wrote: "Alexis wrote: "There's a theory that all the people who died are trapped in the soul stone, so all they need to do is break the soul stone and they'll all be ..."

I bet if they bring Loki back, fans will get really annoyed that they keep killing him and bringing him back, I just hope he did the cowardly thing and just ran away to Sakaar, where he wanted to live in the first place. Yeah I sound terrible, but better cowardly then DEAD. xD
I don't think I could choose a favourite character, one day I'll like one the most and another day I'll choose someone else, they're all such deep characters, I love how the actors/tress's have brought them to life <3

message 34: by Mel's library (new)

Mel's library  (melslibrary) | 5 comments You're right! Although Sakaar probably is no longer what it used to be, Hulk is gone, there was a rebellion and the Grand Master was captured I believe..None of this would be a problem to Loki tho ahaha
Oh mine is definitely Bucky! I can't help it xD But there isn't one that I hate, every actor bring something special to the characters
I can't wait for the next Avengers, I might die a little inside like I did after seeing Infinity War, but it's worth it!