2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Throne of Glass > Question M

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Prince Dorian and his father have a contentious relationship. What do you think of this?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments Dorian is a bit soft for his father's liking, but I think there is more to it. I don't think the reader was given the whole story.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
His father is rather ruthless and Dorian doesn’t seem to have any of his character traits. He doesn’t respect his father because of it and the King doesn’t respect him because he lacks his qualities. This will not end well.

message 4: by Lauren (last edited May 27, 2018 12:07AM) (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Dorian appears to despise his father and his ruthlessness and cruelty. He wants to be a better ruler who treats his subject with respect rather than conquering and enslaving his neighbors.

I agree that the king sees Dorian as weak and doesn't respect him. It will be interesting to see what happens and which one prevails. Right now, the king has the upper hand.

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Yep, the King holds all the winning cards right now.

message 6: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments Like in many aspect of this story we don't seem to know everything.
I agree that Dorian wants to be a different leader and his father sees him as weak because of that.