Atlanta's A-List Literates discussion

Decatur Book Festival! -- August meeting change

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Kawasaki (kawasaki) | 21 comments Mod
Hello A-List Book Club Friends - The Decatur Book Festival is coming! In August we will be reading some from the keynote author Joyce Carol Oates, both the short novel Black Water and the short story Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?. Our meeting this month will be OFF SCHEDULE, either Saturday or Sunday August 30th or 31st, for lunch and discussion at the festival. I will be sending out a poll to see which day works best for the group. Hope to see you there!

P.S. Don't forget to get your ticket to the keynote on August 29th! --> https://www.decaturbookfestival.com/2...

message 2: by Jan (new)

Jan (goodreadscomjan_kent) | 11 comments Thanks, Mark!

message 3: by Erika (new)

Erika | 7 comments Looking forward to it!

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark Kawasaki (kawasaki) | 21 comments Mod
Hey everyone - Our group meeting will be Saturday night at 6:30PM post-festivities. Please share with the group here what events you plan to attend at the Book Festival so that we can coordinate meet-ups through the weekend!

message 5: by Erika (new)

Erika | 7 comments Here are some topics that looked interesting to me, anyone else?

Sat:
11:15-A Place Called Home
12:30-I Can Hear You Whisper
1:45-Someone Else's Southern Belle
3-Savannah Love Songs or Guys and Girls Like Us or Organized Mind or Farmageddon
4:15-Medical Malfunction
5:30-Mr. Tall
6:30-Coolest Book Club Ever :)

Sun:
12-How We Laugh and Why
1:15-Southern Sin or Interwoven Lives or You Are Now Less Dumb
2:30-You Must Go Home Again
3:45-Learning to Walk in the Dark or Second Bud or Tale of Dueling Neurosurgeons
5-American Afterlife or What Stays in Vegas

message 6: by Jan (new)

Jan (goodreadscomjan_kent) | 11 comments I'm pretty much staying on the Science track- who knew? It's not literature, but it is fascinating!

message 7: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia | 2 comments I will try to get some events this afternoon before we meet. I am hoping to attend Organized Mind at 3pm.

See you later!