2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Throne of Glass > Question J

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments The Queen of Adarlan is determined to find her son a wife. Why is she so desperate and how is this connected to her other son?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments Her other son is a lot like his dad and I feel like the queen wants a change. She wants Dorian to find a wife and prove to his dad that he's ready to take over the throne when it's time.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
For whatever reason, Georgina seems to think a married Dorian might protect him from his father. I have a feeling Hollin is away for similar reasons. The King made his feelings clear about Dorian, wishing he was more of a warrior than a reader.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Hollin does seem to be a chip off the old block, and I suspect that Georgiana wants Dorian to marry and produce an heir because as much as she loves her younger son, she also understands that he is evil.

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
I wasn’t sure if I was making that up or if the story alluded to Hollin being more like his father despite his youth.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I was under the impression from the book that Hollin is more like his father.

message 7: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments I'm not sure, maybe she knows more about the kings plans and tries to protect him this way. Maybe she is just a mom that wants grandchildren ;)