2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Throne of Glass > Question F

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Kaltain rompier, a courtier with designs on the Crown Prince, views Celaena as a rival and schemes with Lord Perrington to kill her during the final combat. What did you think of her character - strengths and weaknesses?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments She reminds me alot of the girl from the short stories (I can't think of her name). Kaltain is just as self-centered as Calaena, but her reasons are very different. She is way to trusting of the men in her life and it bites her in the butt at the end. I'm wondering if the betrayal will change the way she looks at Celaena.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Kaltain thought she was manipulating Perrington and turns out he was using her. She was scheming and rather mercenary. Wonder if she’ll get her vengeance after spending some time in the dungeon. She wants Dorian and I don’t think she’s ready to give up.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Melissa wrote: "She reminds me alot of the girl from the short stories (I can't think of her name). ."

Yes, she is a more aristocratic version of Lysandra.

I have my doubts that Lord Perrington's betrayal will alter her view of Celaena. The fact that her decisions are significantly influenced by her addition to opium not to mention that mind manipulations that Perrington and the King speak of suggests that they are using her as a weapon of some kind.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: She wants Dorian and I don’t think she’s ready to give up. "

Yes, she is definitely obsessed with this even though it is clear that will never happen.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments Jonetta wrote: "Kaltain thought she was manipulating Perrington and turns out he was using her. She was scheming and rather mercenary. Wonder if she’ll get her vengeance after spending some time in the dungeon. Sh..."

It will be interesting to see if/how her time in the dungeon changes her. With all that time to think and get angry, she may for a force to reckon with.

message 7: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments Lauren wrote: "Melissa wrote: "She reminds me alot of the girl from the short stories (I can't think of her name). ."

Yes, she is a more aristocratic version of Lysandra.

I have my doubts that Lord Perrington'..."

I don't think it will alter her view of Celaena, she might even blame Celaena for everything.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Lieke wrote: "I don't think it will alter her view of Celaena, she might even blame Celaena for everything."

That is what I was thinking.