Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Find Her (Detective D.D. Warren, #9)
This topic is about Find Her
Previous BRs - Authors; E - H > Gardner, Lisa--Find Her informal buddy read starts May 29, 2018

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31620 comments Mod
This thread is open to discuss Find Her by Lisa Gardner.

Synopsis
Lisa Gardner's runaway New York Times bestseller--a fast-paced thrill ride featuring Detective D. D. Warren.

Seven years ago, carefree college student Flora Dane was kidnapped while on spring break. For 472 days, Flora learned just how much one person can endure.

Miraculously alive after her ordeal, Flora has spent the past five years reacquainting herself with the rhythms of normal life, working with her FBI victim advocate, Samuel Keynes. She has a mother who's never stopped loving her, a brother who is scared of the person she's become, and a bedroom wall covered with photos of other girls who've never made it home.

When Boston detective D. D. Warren is called to the scene of a crime--a dead man and the bound, naked woman who killed him--she learns that Flora has tangled with three other suspects since her return to society. Is Flora a victim or a vigilante? And with her firsthand knowledge of criminal behavior, could she hold the key to rescuing a missing college student whose abduction has rocked Boston? When Flora herself disappears, D.D. realizes a far more sinister predator is out there. One who's determined that this time, Flora Dane will never escape. And now it is all up to D. D. Warren to find her.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

Michelle's Empty Nest (mlundy5) | 923 comments I'm joining in from Team Tom Riddle!

maria helena (mariahel) | 1764 comments Looking forward to reading this.

Snowtulip | 4553 comments I'll be joining you for this, but I probably won't be able to start until after Tuesday, waiting for a library hold :(

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments I should be able to get this book next week. I like Lisa Gardner.

Team Draco.

maria helena (mariahel) | 1764 comments I've just started this and so far I'm intrigued.

maria helena (mariahel) | 1764 comments I'm up to chapter 17

What do you think of Flora? (view spoiler)

The alternating chapters: (view spoiler)

I had not realized that this was part of a series. Has anyone read the previous books? I might need to go back and read them.

Michelle's Empty Nest (mlundy5) | 923 comments Just started today! Will post my thoughts at the end of Chapter 10.

Michelle's Empty Nest (mlundy5) | 923 comments Chapters 1 - 10:

This is my first D.D.Warren book, so I hope I won't be missing out on too much prior knowledge. Hopefully it's just the MC that continues and not much of the previous storylines.

I'm liking this book so far! I enjoy the chapters switching back and forth from Flora's (view spoiler)

I like D.D., but (view spoiler)

I also like Samuel's character.

Michelle's Empty Nest (mlundy5) | 923 comments maria helena wrote: "I'm up to chapter 17

What do you think of Flora? [spoilers removed]

The alternating chapters: [spoilers removed]

I had not realized that this was part of a series. Has anyone read the previous b..."

If this book continues to be so interesting, I may go back and read the earlier books as well.

maria helena (mariahel) | 1764 comments ~Michelle~ wrote: "I also like Samuel's character."

Me too. I find him a bit mysterious.

maria helena (mariahel) | 1764 comments I've finished and I did enjoy it. It was quite a quick read.

I thought the plot was a bit predictable and I thought the change of narrative view between chapters was a bit distracting.

I did warm up to Flora as the story progressed.

Snowtulip | 4553 comments Ch. 1-5 (view spoiler)

message 16: by Maritza (last edited Jun 03, 2018 08:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maritza (spanishwhispers) | 1948 comments Team Ginny Weasley. My copy just came in. I have read several D. D. Warren books and have loved them. Going in with positive thoughts.

maria helena (mariahel) | 1764 comments Snowtulip wrote: "Ch. 1-5 [spoilers removed]"

That's definitely one of my biggest fears so I also thought the opening was very intense.

message 18: by Jammin Jenny (new) - added it

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments Team Draco

I have this book on hold and will join as soon as possible.

Snowtulip | 4553 comments Just finished ch 16...what!?!?! No, no, no!?!?

Maritza (spanishwhispers) | 1948 comments Well i was thinking that the girl is the same as beginning. I love D.D. she has real life problems that she had to cope with along with her career. The description so far is so vivid. It gives you a glimpse of what obe would endure under those conditions.

Snowtulip | 4553 comments Maritza wrote: "Well i was thinking that the girl is the same as beginning. I love D.D. she has real life problems that she had to cope with along with her career. The description so far is so vivid. It gives you ..."

This is my first D.D. book, but I'm liking her so far :)

Maritza (spanishwhispers) | 1948 comments Snowtulip wrote: "Just finished ch 16...what!?!?! No, no, no!?!?"

Just finished ch 16 and I had the same thought as you. Oh no, not again, that would be cruel. What happened before? What has she been keeping to herself and now from us?

Michelle's Empty Nest (mlundy5) | 923 comments Chapters 11 - 20:

What in the heck?!? You've got to be kidding me! (view spoiler)

And you're right about her keeping something from us. I can't wait to see what it could possibly be!

I'm LOVING this book right now!

Snowtulip | 4553 comments Finished, I must admit that this book made me think and freaked me out a little bit. But it kept me intrigued :D

(view spoiler)

Michelle's Empty Nest (mlundy5) | 923 comments Chapters 21 - 30:

We find out that Flora (view spoiler)

Flora also finds (view spoiler)

Off to read the next 10 chapters.

Snowtulip | 4553 comments I agree on creepy Michelle!

Michelle's Empty Nest (mlundy5) | 923 comments Chapters 31 - 40:

Well Flora is one tough chick! I've got to hand it to her, she is up for the challenge!!

And it does turn out to be (view spoiler)

The detectives are hard at work and might actually be getting somewhere!

Maritza (spanishwhispers) | 1948 comments End of ch 30 - okay im thinking there was no entry to her apartment but she left on her own. Hax the pursued become the persuer?

message 29: by Snowtulip (last edited Jun 06, 2018 03:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Snowtulip | 4553 comments ~Michelle~ wrote: "Chapters 31 - 40:

Well Flora is one tough chick! I've got to hand it to her, she is up for the challenge!!

..."

(view spoiler)

Michelle's Empty Nest (mlundy5) | 923 comments Snowtulip wrote: "~Michelle~ wrote: "Chapters 31 - 40:

..."

[spoilers removed]"

Me, too!!!

Michelle's Empty Nest (mlundy5) | 923 comments Finished!

Chapters 41 - 50:

Wow! I may have already said that, but I have to say it again!! That was not the ending I suspected...well, (view spoiler)

I just hope that D.D. (view spoiler)

LOVED it! I even really liked the alternating chapters. :)

Maritza (spanishwhispers) | 1948 comments Just finished and was not exactly what I thought. I thought maybe Flora was the one abducting the girls. That was what i thought she told Jacob at the end. Would have like to seen more of Samuel. Can't wait to see more of D.D. and Alex.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Find Her (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lisa Gardner (other topics)