We Read Stuff discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Books of the Month Nominations > July 2018 Nominations

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (last edited Jun 07, 2018 05:43PM) (new)

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) July is our Science Fiction month so bring on your sci-fi nominations!!

Nominations:
The Martian by Andy Weir The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury Extreme Makeover by Dan Wells The Three-Body Problem (Remembrance of Earth’s Past #1) by Liu Cixin The Proximity of Stars by Benedict Stuart Dune (Dune Chronicles, #1) by Frank Herbert The Gone-Away World  by Nick Harkaway Time and Again (Time, #1) by Jack Finney Honor Among Thieves (The Honors, #1) by Rachel Caine Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer

The Proximity of Stars by Benedict Stuart (4 seconds)
The Martian by Andy Weir (3 second)
The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury(2 second)
Extreme Makeover by Dan Wells (1 second)
Dune by Frank Herbert(1 second)
The Three-Body Problem by Liu Cixin
The Gone-Away World by Nick Harkaway
Time and Again by Jack Finney
Honor Among Thieves by Rachel Caine
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
--------------------------------------------------
A few reminders about nomination rules:

- Each member may nominate one book AND second one book that has already been nominated.

-If you want to only nominate or only second a book without nominating anything that is fine.

- If we get more than 10 nominations then the 10 books with the most seconds will go to the poll.

- Graphic novels, manga, and comics are allowed to be nominated

-There are no minimum page counts for a book to be nominated.

- Books must be first in a series or a stand alone unless the group has already read the book in the series that came before the one being nominated.

- Nominations will close the afternoon of June 15th

message 2: by Valeria (new)

Valeria (valea22) | 64 comments I’d like to nominate. The Martian by Andy Weir 😊

message 3: by Leandra (new)

Leandra I'll second the Martian and nominate The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury

message 4: by Cyn (new)

Cyn  | 78 comments I second The Martian Chronicles and nominate Extreme Makeover by Dan Wells

message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 158 comments I've read those three books already, so I will nominate The Three-Body Problem (Remembrance of Earth’s Past #1) by Liu Cixin

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) ooooh Jenny I've been meaning to read that one

message 7: by Aqsa (new)

Aqsa (her_747) | 96 comments I second the Martian

message 8: by Aqsa (new)

Aqsa (her_747) | 96 comments I nominate Hunted

message 9: by Boyko (last edited Jun 02, 2018 12:14AM) (new)

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Aqsa wrote: "I nominate Hunted"

Hey Aqsa the genre for this month is Sci-go and that book seems to be fantasy from the description. Do you have a science fiction book that you would like to nominate?

message 11: by Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (last edited Jun 02, 2018 12:23AM) (new)

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) I will nominate Duneand I’m holding off on my second for now still deciding.

message 12: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 158 comments Nikki (Nyx) wrote: "ooooh Jenny I've been meaning to read that one"

Me too, and my sister just gave me a copy with instructions to "bloody well read it soon so we can talk about it", so soon it will be.

message 13: by Lori (last edited Jun 03, 2018 06:16AM) (new)

message 14: by Erin (last edited Jun 04, 2018 09:26AM) (new)

Erin (lovejazz) Time and Again by Jack Finney. Apparently this book was a big influence for Stephen King and has been on my waiting list for quite some time.

message 15: by Benedict (new)

Benedict Stuart The Proximity of Stars, of course.

message 16: by NOOR (new)

NOOR | 4 comments I'm nominating Honor Among Thieves by Rachel Caine and I second the Martian

message 17: by Gigi (new)

Gigi Sedlmayer I nominate of course, The Proximity of Stars, bye Benedict

message 18: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 4 comments I nominate The Proximity of Stars

The Proximity of Stars

message 19: by Shahed (new)

Shahed babu (shahedbabu46) | 1 comments The Proximity of Stars by Benedict Stuart

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Just as a clarification for everyone that has nominated the proximity of stars after Boyko, since it was already nominated I will count those as seconds.

Boyko wrote: "My 2nd nomination: The Pacifist by Mehreen Ahmed."

Each person only gets to add one nomination and may second a book already nominated. You have already nominated The Proximity of Stars. Did you want to change you nomination to this?

I'm going through and updating the first post with everything to this point

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Ok I believe I have everything to this point updated if I missed your please let me know!

message 22: by Boyko (new)

Boyko Ovcharov Thanks Nikki, all clear now, I deleted my second post, it is OK like that, sorry.

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Boyko wrote: "Thanks Nikki, all clear now, I deleted my second post, it is OK like that, sorry."

No worries just wanted to make sure :)

message 24: by Aqsa (last edited Jun 05, 2018 09:39PM) (new)

Aqsa (her_747) | 96 comments Nikki (Nyx) wrote: "Aqsa wrote: "I nominate Hunted"

Hey Aqsa the genre for this month is Sci-go and that book seems to be fantasy from the description. Do you have a science fiction book that you woul..."

Oops Sorry!
I nominate Cinder

message 25: by Erin (new)

message 26: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 158 comments I haven't used my second yet, so I am going for Dune. I haven't read that since I was a kid. It may be time to do it again.

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) I believe I have everything up to this point updated as far as nominations and seconds. If you still want to get something in be sure to do so by the 15th!

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Nominations close tomorrow afternoon so of you have anything to add or want to second anything to help secure it's place in the nominations get it in before then.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.