Terminalcoffee discussion

Face Off! (Less Serious) > Stand-up comedy: Yay or Nay?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24388 comments Mod
Nay from me, I usually dislike it. Rarely once in awhile I do find it really funny, as in this John Mulaney clip about Ice T...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1sd4...

message 2: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11703 comments I love "smart" stand-up, like George Carlin. And I like relaxed, real-life comedy like Bill Cosby (he's off the list now). Unfortunately, a lot of what I see now is shock comedy (mostly sex stuff) and some I don't have a term for that I can't really relate to. Every once in a while I see one I like, so I haven't given up on it yet.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I agree, I generally really dislike shock comedy/blatant sex stuff. The little I've seen of Amy Schumer's stand-up, I just didn't like at all. Her sketch show was more to my taste although still I didn't like all of it. I can't stand stand-up that's all about vaginas. Ugh, just stop! Louis C.K. talking about little girls' vaginas, and Amy Schumer talking about her niece's vagina, NOOO. I mean, WHY. Why would you.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Tommy Dean. He can make an ordinary trip to the supermarket sound hilarious. Thank you America for sending him our way!

message 5: by The_Ficus (new)

The_Ficus _ | 69 comments I used to enjoy Margaret Cho and then Bryan Regan. Most others I dislike.

message 6: by CD (new)

CD  | 1570 comments The Gilda Radner film/special airs tonight on CNN.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

There was a Chinese standup on the Colbert show a couple weeks ago who was funny.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Dylan Moran is funny, or at least the old clips of him are.