Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > New Free Beta Reader To Build A Portfolio

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Goodness (new)

Goodness Nwankpa (goodnessnwankpa) | 43 comments Hi Chris,

I have a paranormal romance story that I'm writing, it's currently around 7,000 words and I would love feedback on it to see if it has a strong start that grips readers' attention.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Goodness

message 2: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 8 comments Hi Chris,

Would you be willing to read the first four chapters of a YA science fiction?

message 3: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 164 comments Hello I don’t want to send you anything you’re not comfortable with so I’ll give you some details and you can tell me yes or no.

It’s YA Science Fantasy complete at 76k words. It’s written in 1st/present with anime/manga themes (like a Light Novel). So the style may be different than some people are used to.

Seventeen-year-old Hiromi is determined to find a vaccine for the Konadai virus before more people turn into tentacle-tongued mutants. Armed with knowledge as a virology intern, she convinces her childhood friend Kenji into going to their island city’s ruins with her, hoping that his fire-magic abilities will keep them safe while she collects infected tissue samples.

Discovering their mutual friend is bitten but showing no signs of infection, Hiromi considers he’s immune and could be the miracle they need. Then, she realizes extracting the cure could cost their friend his life. Hiromi and Kenji struggle with the decision of sacrificing their friend to save thousands or surrendering a chance for a cure.

message 4: by Shaynn (new)

Shaynn Haugen | 8 comments Hello Chris,

Would you possibly be interested in beta reading my novel 'A Bird with Gold-Mended Wings'? It's a 150k sci-fi/slice of life.

Here is my plot blurb:

Catherine had thought getting a friend for her android, Hokuro, would be simple. But when Hokuro ends up choosing the beautiful but troubled Seiji, their lives are turned upside-down. Suddenly confronted with their own respective baggage, they struggle to create a family together, all while Seiji’s past comes back to haunt them.

If that sounds like something that would interest you, I can be reached either by PM or email (shaynnhaugen@yahoo.com).

Thank you very much in advance!
-Shaynn

message 5: by CoolieCoolster (new)

CoolieCoolster | 2 comments I'm writing a fantasy story that currently has about 8.5k words. I'm looking for feedback on the plot, the quality of the writing, and how it could be improved in general. Please let me know if you are interested in reading it!

-Coolie

message 6: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 13 comments Are you still taking stories? I don't mind waiting.

message 7: by Lara (new)

Lara | 29 comments Hi Chris,
Are you a boy Chris or a girl Chris?! I ask because I have been advised to have a boy beta read my MS to get a male perspective. My school librarian feels the main body of the story would appeal to male and female readers but the opening is perhaps too girly to keep guys hooked!
Anyway, if you're interested and have a free slot - I have a 158k (yes, hefty, I know) YA / fantasy / adventure / romance. It's a two-world fantasy written in 1st person and the first of a trilogy. The second book is complete in a basic format and the skeleton of the third is written too, as I need to ensure continuity of plot.
Let me know if you're interested/ have time to read it.
Kind regards,
Lara

message 8: by kotokuki (last edited May 29, 2018 07:19PM) (new)

kotokuki | 5 comments Hi Chris,

I've taken time to give detailed free reviews and beta readings so I'd love to provide a proper review if you're interested in my unconventional book. It's 63K NA contemporary piece about coping with death and continuing afterwards. Here is a bit of a blurb:

Racing home from work Sam opens an old shoebox of letters titled with single blurbs on the envelopes. Opened at random, the letters were given to Sam at the age of twelve when Sam's sister (a righteous, fiery thing) experienced a loss during her junior year of high school. These letters are her raw thoughts throughout a year of grieving, continuing life, and experiencing other hardships. Excluding the intro and end from Sam's prospective this entire book is told via the letters. This has a developing plot, comic relief, foreshadow, and the curiosity of whom Sam is grieving for. This book covers hard topics such as death, suicide, self harm, and depression, but in a way that provides relatable characters and positive growth out of the darkness.

Let me know if you're interested and thank you for the consideration.

message 9: by Scott (new)

Scott Mckernan | 6 comments Hello, Would you be interested in betareading my 35,000 word novella? It's called Breaking Religion: Touching Real. Breaking Religion is the title for the series of which this book is the first.
To sum it up...
When a misspent, damaged young man dies and meets God, he returns to life ready to face his demons and win back the person he was meant to be.
I don't mind how you give feedback, whether inline or a separate summary.
Thank you for your consideration.
Kind regards,
Scott

message 10: by William (new)

William Walters | 111 comments Newcastle is a 182030-word historical fiction/Family Saga about the Richards family led by the tyrannical Wilbur and his manipulative wife Aggatha. The novel follows the family from the period just after the Revolutionary War to the opening days of the Civil War. It is based on the massive plantation NewCastle in South Carolina. You can reach me at randelldenney@aol.com if you are interested in editing critique or Beta reads.