Our Great American Read discussion

General > Book Choices!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theri (new)

Theri (theriereads) We are reading Ghost and Bless Me, Ultima to begin starting today! Then we will read Confederacy of Dunces! Hope that works for everyone! :)

message 2: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments Ordered the first two from the library. Sometimes takes a few days to get here.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan I am ordering them from thriftbooks--hopefully will be here Tuesday or Wednesday,

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan I have found Confederacy and Bless Me, Ultima, but I am having a really difficult time getting a copy of Ghost. Anyone else?

message 5: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments I got both Bless Me, Ultima and Ghost from the library. I am not planning to read Confederacy and will read Tess of the D'Urbervilles instead(BBC list of great books).

message 6: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments The group has selected The Picture of Dorian Gray and The Little Prince to read in July 2018. Also, we are starting the Outlander series. Since it is so long, we will be reading Outlander throughout July and August.

message 7: by Theri (new)

Theri (theriereads) I have to leave this group. A dear friend of mine has died, and I won't be able to keep up.

message 8: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments Since there has been so little participation in this group, I have decided to postpone nominations and voting until after the next PBS broadcast. If there is a resurgence in interest then I will continue. The two grownup fiction choices for September are The Shack and The Notebook. In the polling they were tied. If anyone starts reading either of these and wants to have a thread opened let me know. I will gladly do it. Hopefully the next couple of months worth of PBS programming spark some interest.