The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hi All

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kylie (new)

Kylie D | 545 comments Hi Everyone,
My name is Kylie, I'm an avid reader from Brisbane, Australia.
My preferred genres are Crime and Thrillers, particularly Psychological Thrillers, but I've read most genres over the years. I'm particularly interested in doing the Summer Reading Challenge, even though it's Winter here. It will make me think it's summer, haha. Not sure if I'll do the beginner or expert yet, I'll see how I go over the first month.
I'm looking forward to meeting you all, and I've already got some good tips on books from your posts already. So thanks to you all.

Naomi-Lynn Marguerite  (naomi-lynnmarguerite) | 31 comments Hello Kylie. Welcome! I'm from Surrey BC, Canada. I've loved the Australian books I've read. If you have some great authors to recommend, please do so. Cheers!

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10142 comments Mod
Hi Kylie, welcome to the group! We're glad you found us!

message 4: by Kylie (new)

Kylie D | 545 comments Thankyou ladies, I'm excited to be here.

message 5: by Kylie (new)

Kylie D | 545 comments Naomi-Lynn Marguerite wrote: "Hello Kylie. Welcome! I'm from Surrey BC, Canada. I've loved the Australian books I've read. If you have some great authors to recommend, please do so. Cheers!"

Naomi-Lynne, the only Australian author I've really read in the last year or so is Matthew Reilly. I have to pick up my game and read more local content.

message 6: by Lynne (new)

Lynne | 2 comments Hi Kylie. I’m a newbie too. And also from Oz, but from rural NSW.

Naomi-Lynn - Tim Winton is a highly regarded Aussie author. I’ve not long read his latest book The Shepherd’s Hut, it can’t say I really enjoyed it. Other offerings like Cloudstreet and Breath were much better in my opinion.

But I really enjoyed The Lost Flowers of Alice Heart, by Aussie author, Holly Ringland.