What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Kids, magic, fighting a witch, fantasy book for young adults

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited May 25, 2018 02:53PM) (new)

There where were 3 or 2 volumes in a series. I have no idea where one volume starts and where it ends. Volumes were quite long. I read it not more than 15-20 years ago.

Kids were fighting a witch. There were 2 or 3 characters who were underage, at least one was a boy and one was a girl, they might be siblings or close friends. Later we learn that main characters released the magic and now all children in the world can use it (but not adults). Magic is not splitted equally and some unlucky some kids have no magic, some are very powerful. I remember a very small kid creating blue? butterflies (he has seen them in a book, and those butterflies were not from his continent), the boy had a sister. I remember a character saying that all kids probably climbed Mt. Everest (or have teleported there).
There are witches who live far away (maybe on a different planet?), they have classes (some live underground and are almoust blind) and they want to come to Earth and fight the kids. Higher class releases the lower class to have more "soldiers". Both sides try to fly to one another and kill everybody but they do not fight in the end.

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 860 comments The Doomspell trilogy by Cliff McNish?https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doo...

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36615 comments Mod
Joanna, I notice your request is marked Solved. Did you find your book series? What was it?