Challenge Corner discussion

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)
This topic is about Graceling
Let's Buddy! - Fantasy/Para > Graceling (Graceling Realm #1) by Kristin Cashore -> Restarting May 16th, 2019

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight—she’s a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king’s thug.

She never expects to fall in love with beautiful Prince Po.

She never expects to learn the truth behind her Grace—or the terrible secret that lies hidden far away . . . a secret that could destroy all seven kingdoms with words alone.

With elegant, evocative prose and a cast of unforgettable characters, debut author Kristin Cashore creates a mesmerizing world, a death-defying adventure, and a heart-racing romance that will consume you, hold you captive, and leave you wanting more.

Trinity Bernhardt | 103 comments I wasn't expecting much after reading many of the reviews. It seems to be a love it or hate it kind of book. I am no where near finished yet, but I have been pleasantly surprised. So far the story is engaging enough that I am not bored and wish to continue. The premise of Graceling seems to be well enough thought out to make sense. A decent start...

Chapters 1-5: (view spoiler)

Trinity Bernhardt | 103 comments The book is definitely twisting in a way I didn't expect. Much darker than I thought, even though it is about a girl who can kill as easily as breathe. Sometimes Katsa irritates me at times because of her constant need to be in control, but again given her past it's hardly surprising. Also it may just hit a bit too close to home.

Chapters 6-15: (view spoiler)

Trinity Bernhardt | 103 comments There is something very disturbing about the twists that are happening. Nothing wrong with the writing, and the story is good, but a different vibe than it started as. Personally I find it interesting, but others may not. I like the introduction of the princess. Child characters can be annoying or plot foilers, but the girl fits with Po and Katsa. The villain is definitely creepy and evil.

Part 2 chapters 16-30: (view spoiler)

message 5: by Trinity (last edited May 28, 2018 11:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trinity Bernhardt | 103 comments Chapters 31-35: (view spoiler)

Trinity Bernhardt | 103 comments Chapters 36-39 & epilogue: (view spoiler)

Jessica | 443 comments 1/5: (view spoiler)

Jessica | 443 comments 2/5: (view spoiler)

Jessica | 443 comments 3/5: (view spoiler)

Jessica | 443 comments 4/5: (view spoiler)

Jessica | 443 comments Finished: (view spoiler)

message 12: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 63618 comments Mod
RESTARTING MAY 16TH, 2019