Accel 11 Reads (18-19) discussion

Set a Goal > Title Challenge

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Grondin | 8 comments Mod
Make a list of specific books that you want to make it your goal to read this summer.

As with all goals, make sure it's SMART:

Specific
Measurable (you'll be able to know if you reached it)
Appropriate/Achievable (not too hard, not too easy)
Relevant (to you and your interests)
Time-Based (summer!)

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Quesenberry (rlq2) | 1 comments My goal is to read 1984 by George Orwell, The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Banks, and Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur. And I'll be working my way through Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, but no promises of finishing that this summer :)

message 3: by John (new)

John Dotson | 3 comments My goal is to finish "The Decline And Fall Of The Roan Empire" by Edward Gibbon, read "Beyond Good And Evil" by Frederick Nietzsche, and "Everyone's An Aliebn When Ur An Aliebn Too" by Jomny Sun. If I have time (Which I probably won't, this is a tall order) I would like to read "The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil" by Phillip Zimbardo.

message 4: by Abbi (new)

Abbi Cordon | 4 comments My goal is to finish “Tangerine” by Christine Magan, “Still me” by Jojo Moyes, “The Feather thief” by Kirk W. Johnson, “The Poison Wood Bible” by Barbra King-silver and if I have time I would like to re read the mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson

message 5: by Izabelle (new)

Izabelle | 8 comments My goal this summer is to read Stolen: A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher, WUTHERING HEIGHTS by Emily Brontë, All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven, Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake, and The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe, by Edgar Allan Poe (Barns and Noble Edition). I chose to have these books as my goal for the summer because I think they are a very diverse group of books that will give me variety in my summer reading.

message 6: by Eden (last edited Jun 26, 2018 08:33AM) (new)

Eden | 2 comments My Goal is to Finish Reading "The 5th Wave" by Rick Yancey, and "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo, and then keep going down my list of want to reads. I definitely am not gonna finish all of them by the end of the summer, there are way too many. ; )

message 7: by Whitney (new)

Whitney W | 1 comments My goal is to finish the book I am currently reading right now, "Places No One Knows" by Brenna Yovanoff and then just go down my list of books I want to read. It's the second week of summer and I have already half way finished my 2nd book, so my main goal is to just stay reading thr whole summer. I want to get at least 7 or 8 books read.

message 8: by Muriel (new)

Muriel Wilkinson | 2 comments My goal includes reading all seven books of Robert Ludlum's Bourne series. Or at least get several finished before the school year begins. When I wait for those books to come in from the library, I most likely will end of rereading either the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling or the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. I'd also love to squeeze in the Daniel X series by James Patterson, but I highly doubt I'll get to that. It's the thought that counts though eh?

message 9: by Mason (new)

Mason Bonn | 2 comments My goal is to read The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald, Shoe Dog by Phil Knight, and One of Us is Lying by Karen McManus as well as two other books to be named later on my Want to Read list by the end of the summer

message 10: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Van | 2 comments My goal this summer is finishing the whole Matched series by Ally Condie, three John Green books, and to read a total of ten books.

message 11: by Maliyah (new)

Maliyah | 3 comments My goal is to read books about veterinary medicine as that is what I wish to pursue. I will read never turn your back on an angus cow by Dr. Jan pol. I will also read the jewel, the scarlet letter, and finish Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow.

message 12: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Patel | 2 comments My goal is to read at least two books during my busy summer. I'd like to try to read "And Then There Were None" By Agatha Christie and "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline.

message 13: by Sebastien (new)

Sebastien | 1 comments My goal is to read at least 2 books, but i'm gunning for 3. The book I am currently reading is Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, I plan to read other books though in the my books section.

message 14: by Ishan (new)

Ishan Varma | 2 comments My goal is to read one book per month minimum. I am currently reading The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window... and I want to read "The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden" and "Three Men in a Boat".

message 15: by Emily (new)

Emily Pike | 2 comments My goal this summer is to read at least 2 books, I'm hoping for 3, since I don't often read for my own enjoyment. I plan to read The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness, and Will Grayson Will Grayson by John Green, and maybe American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

message 16: by Chloë (new)

Chloë | 9 comments I want to try and read at least three books or more since I’m really busy this summer. I want to read classics and modern books so I can compare. I want to read the great Gatsby, the perks of being a wallflower, scarlet letter, and possibly slaughter house five.

message 17: by Spencer (new)

Spencer | 4 comments I plan to read The Crucible, Great Gatsby, Divine Comedy, as wells as reread Beowulf and the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. While I am busy this summer, and may not be able to update frequently, I think I will be able to complete all of these books.

message 18: by Jarrett (new)

Jarrett Alto | 7 comments I have already read War of The Worlds and Slaughterhouse-Five. I now plan to read The Art Of War by Sun Tzu and perhaps Journey To The Center Of The Earth by Jules Verne.

message 19: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Moreno | 4 comments My goal this summer is to read the whole Chaos Walking trilogy, and to read the whole Legend trilogy. Also maybe get in another fiction book.

message 20: by Riley Holmes (new)

Riley Holmes  | 5 comments My goal this summer is to finish the novel Someday, Someday Maybe, and read The Beauty that Remains, Failing Up, Little Women and The Shack

message 21: by Jimena (new)

Jimena Boyzo | 5 comments Two of books I truly want to read while I wait for school to start is animal farm and Fahrenheit 451.