Accel 11 Reads (18-19) discussion

Set a Goal > Numbers Game

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (last edited Jun 05, 2018 08:21PM) (new)

Amy Grondin | 8 comments Mod
Set a goal based on numbers: read X number of books over the sumer, X number of pages or minutes a day... (etc)

As with all goals, make sure it's SMART:
Specific
Measurable (you'll be able to know if you reached it)
Appropriate/Achievable (not too hard, not too easy)
Relevant (to you and your interests)
Time-Based (summer!)

message 2: by Izabelle (new)

Izabelle | 8 comments My goal is to read at least five books this summer because while I am an avid reader, I have been in a bit of a reading slump recently. By setting a lower goal I feel that I can enjoy the books that I read more by giving myself more time to read them as well as have more of a chance to exceed my goal.

message 3: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Pham | 2 comments I plan to at least read 4 books for at least 30 minutes a day over the summer. I have a lot of books at my house and a lot of time so it is possible.

message 4: by Nyssa (new)

Nyssa | 5 comments I would like to read at 5 or 6 books over the Summer because while I enjoy reading, it's challenging to find large chunks of time to do so. By not pressuring myself to read too many books, I can focus on fully comprehending and enjoying those that I do read.

message 5: by Angel (new)

Angel | 3 comments Over the summer, I’d like to read a minimum of 10 books. I have lots of time in the day to read, so I think I can reach this goal. As I said in another discussion, I’d like to read at least a chapter a day, or 30 minutes a day. I may also read 2 books at once if I feel like I might not reach my goal.

message 6: by Annika (new)

Annika | 2 comments I would like to read for at least 20 minutes every day during the summer.

message 7: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Richardson | 2 comments This summer I want to read 5 books or more because I will be traveling a lot and have a lot of time in the car to read.

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna Brunner (annambrunner) | 2 comments I make a goal to read at least six books this summer because I will be traveling a lot, which will give me the perfect opportunity for long periods of time to read. This is a reasonable goal because I love reading and normally read a lot anyway.

message 9: by Lan (new)

Lan Tran | 2 comments My goal will be to read at least 8 books this summer, because I've already finished two this week. Although I will be busy for most of the summer with Key Club and marching band, it'd be good to get back into it, because when you're a bookworm, you're forever a bookworm.

message 10: by Logan (new)

Logan Swanson | 2 comments My Goal is to read at least 4 books this summer, and to read at least 30 minutes every night.

message 11: by Chloë (new)

Chloë | 9 comments More goal is to read at least two books this summer, hopefully three overall.