Kenyons Minions discussion

The Spoiler Zone > Shadows of Fire predictions ** SPOILERS **

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex | 40 comments I've got so many ideas and questions about what will happen in SOF.

- Takeshi said "children" as in plural when asking Kody how she could not remember her life. I'm wondering if her and Nick actually do have more than one child in the future. Even more so curious if Kody is actually Cyprian's mother.
- Apparently we will see Bubba/Mark more in this series as well. If it's in the future I wonder if they became Hellchasers. (Maybe a little bit of a wild guess but hey...)
- The summary for the new series has me wondering if Cyprian starts questioning his ability to choose his destiny like Nick while he is masquerading as Ambrose before he kills him or if it's from whatever plan Nick had at the end of Intensity.
- Maybe I'm being optimistic but from what I read about how Cyprian seems to feel about War/Grim I'm curious if in the end it plays out by Cyprian fighting with Nick and changing what he thought his destiny was and kicking Grim/War to the curb
- I remember in the scene where Rubati died, Monokribos had said until the gods made it right for what they had taken from him he cursed them to know no peace. It was mentioned somewhere that Nick found a way to break the curse. What if him and Kody reuniting is it?

Anyway, these are just some of my possible predictions and questions about the new series.

message 2: by Malachaibubble12 (last edited May 25, 2018 03:12PM) (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Good questions!

-I'm with you in thinking that Kody and Nick hooking up is the key to breaking the curse. Monakribos had his wife AND his SON stolen from him. So it would make sense that once Nick had a son and was aware of it that that would be the break in the curse completely.

-If so, than maybe Cyprian wondering if he does have to be bad (like in his profile description), being Nick's son and all aligns with the fact that he can break the curse if he chooses to do so.

-I hope that we do see Bubba as a Hellhunter that'd be rad

message 3: by Malachaibubble12 (last edited May 25, 2018 03:11PM) (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments -In No Mercy Nick was having those images in his head "of people who had died and some he didn't know." What if one of those people was Bubba?

-Maybe Bubba "dies" protecting Nick somehow but in reality he's actually been alive this whole time in DH do to Mr. Burdette's deal with Thorn and Bubba being a Hellhunter and all? But DH Nick didn't know that since Bubba kept his existence secret so as to not add more trouble or be a magnet for enemies near Nick?

-Then maybe Hellhunter Bubba becomes friends with Caleb and the crew behind the scenes? What if?

message 4: by Marie (last edited May 25, 2018 03:04PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments I'm not sure I understand your thoughts on Bubba possibly being alive despite "dying". You think he's become a Hell-chaser or Hell-Hunter? Cuz those are two radically different things. I mean, you have to have a pretty corrupt soul to end up getting your chance at redemption by working for Thorn. That, or you sell it to save someone else...

Holy shit. We know Bubba dies protecting Nick, and we know that whenever Nick's soul becomes separated from his body, it's attracted to Azmodea. So what if Nick dies but Bubba steps in because he knows where Nick's soul would end up? (At this point, I'm guessing if Bubba dies protecting Nick, that means he found out what Nick is.) So Bubba takes Nick's place. Nick's soul is returned and due to various weird Malachai shit, they are able to heal him like they did in Illusion after his body had been killed. Nick's soul returns to his body, he's alive, and Bubba's soul took his place in Azmodea/Hell (from what I understand, they exist within the same realm, and so does Thorn's territory). and because Bubba is a Michaelson and he sacrificed himself for someone else, Thorn intervenes to give him a second chance, making him one of his guys like he did with Bubba's dad.

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Marie wrote: "I'm not sure I understand your thoughts on Bubba possibly being alive despite "dying". You think he's become a Hell-chaser or Hell-Hunter? Cuz those are two radically different things. I mean, you ..."

I thought for sure that I wrote Hellhunter instead Hellchaser. Oops, I fixed it. I didn't realize I wrote it like that.

message 6: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1798 comments Because the title of this topic had the word "spoilers" in it, I moved it to the Spoiler Zone.

You may carry on with your conversation.

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex | 40 comments Sorry about that, thank you!

And I dunno about Bubba. I remember asking SK a question about if we would see a different side of Cyprian like we did with Styxx in his book and she mentioned we'd also see more of Bubba in SOF. Since that series is in the future made me wonder if he was a Hellchaser or something like that, explaining why he'd he alive centuries later. Or maybe it'll be flashbacks through Nick's memories who knows. I think Marie has a pretty sound theory there.

Holy crap, that does make even more sense. I was just thinking about Kody being the key and didn't consider returning his child to him as well. Hmmmmm. Do we have a confirmed year for where SOF takes place in the future? I remember it was in 2117 (I think, probably wrong) that is the year Nick had to go warn Ambrose

In No Mercy, I thought he was remembering what happened to Kody in Intensity personally.

message 8: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Could someone once again clear up the difference between Hell-Chaser and Hell-Hunter for me? I'm constantly confusing the two terms.

message 9: by Alex (new)

Alex | 40 comments So the Hellchasers are what Thorn and crew refer to their team who hunts demons. I haven't heard the term Hell Hunter that I can recall. Maybe someone else does?

message 10: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Ok so that means Hell-Hunters are the group of demon hunters who work under Seraphs like Michael.

message 11: by Alex (new)

Alex | 40 comments Yes, I think that's what Zeke and Ravenna referred to themselves as now that I think about it.

message 12: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments It's on Sherri's website as to what a Hellchaser and Hellhunter is btw.

message 13: by Marie (last edited May 26, 2018 12:04PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments I have a theory that those two groups balance each other. As in, cosmically / universal-order type balance.

If there's a group dedicated to the elimination of evil demons who wreck havoc (Hellhunters), then I think their balance is the group dedicated to trapping them (Hellchasers). In order for balance to be maintained, I think evil has to exist. But if it were up to Hellhunters, any evil demon would be automatically eliminated. Hellchasers make sure that the right level of "necessary evil" is maintained in the universe by ensuring the survival of evil demons and by containing them in one realm (the Hell/Azmodea one). Together those two groups ensure that evil doesn't get too strong and overruns the human world as Hellchasers emprisons demons and Hellhunters kill those who are too strong to be contained.

message 14: by Alex (new)

Alex | 40 comments That makes sense to me, sounds like a legit theory

message 15: by Marie (last edited May 27, 2018 07:52AM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments They're like population control for evil demons. They basically do the same job, just differently

message 16: by Bren (new)

Bren (brencl94) | 418 comments Alex wrote: "Sorry about that, thank you!

And I dunno about Bubba. I remember asking SK a question about if we would see a different side of Cyprian like we did with Styxx in his book and she mentioned we'd a..."

Random, but the year that Ambrose decides to go back to the past and fix it is 3248, it was a year after Nick visited the future. I assume that SoF happens some years after that.

message 17: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments So Nick came to Ambrose (in the future) before Ambrose came to Nick (in the past)?
I think my brain is gonna explode

message 18: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Bren is saying that Nick went to the future a year after Ambrose started meddling.

message 19: by Marie (last edited May 27, 2018 04:46PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments I don't think so. She just said Ambrose started his time-travelling gig in 3248, "a year after Nick visited the future"

message 20: by Marie (last edited May 27, 2018 04:53PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments And I just checked Intensity. The epilogue where Nick visits Ambrose in set in 3247. So if Ambrose started all of this in 3248 (and I'm not sure he did, where did you get that info Bren?), then it was a year the events of the epilogue

message 21: by Bren (new)

Bren (brencl94) | 418 comments Marie wrote: "I don't think so. She just said Ambrose started his time-travelling gig in 3248, "a year after Nick visited the future""

Yeah, Nick went to the future in 3247 to warn Ambrose. And then it took Ambrose a whole year to make up his mind and actually go back.

And Carl is the one who said that in one of the FB groups, can't remember which one tho.

message 22: by Marie (last edited May 27, 2018 05:25PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Whatever Ambrose did the create the CON Nick timeline did not actually change the course of Nick's life. According to SK, it's all stuff that already happened but that maybe happened out of order. And anyway, Nick made himself forget all of it. So Ambrose basically engineered his own past by trying to change it, and Nick engineered his own future (as a squire in DH and as Ambrose) by forgetting about his past.

So no one would notice that Nick's life was different, because it was the way it's always been. Nick just happened to forget about it. But something else that Nick probably did was go to Ambrose and tell him that what he was doing, though it might feel life-changing to him, is just history repeating itself. So I think, since changing Nick's life wasn't gonna change anything, Nick and Ambrose came up with a plan to change things from an earlier point in time. So they come up with a plan where Ambrose goes even further back in time to tweak a few things that, for some result, lead to Tory's father dying at a later date. I'm thinking whatever Ambrose tweaked is related to the ruins of Atlantis that Tory's dad was exploring (or something).

That why we know it's only sometime after 1996 that the time sequence was altered by someone... Because CON Nick (who is a direct result of Ambrose's time-travelling, which he began in 1996) came up with the idea. Basically, if teenage Nick is the reason someone went further back in time and changed history, then it makes sense that the change would only be noticeable after CON Nick was "created" (after 1996).

Ambrose would still have to go through the motions and create CON Nick, since that's his true original past and it's a direct result of his interference

message 23: by Marie (last edited May 28, 2018 09:55AM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments the events of CON are not changes to the time sequence. It's Nick's original past and a product of Ambrose's attempt to change what he believed to be his past. Ambrose thought he was changing his past, but in fact, he was ensuring it happened as it always had. Like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

And CON Nick is aware of that because he's going to make himself forget the reality of his past in order to ensure he becomes Ambrose. But he also knows that becoming Ambrose is not going to help create the better future they're both hoping for because both Ambrose and CON Nick are essentially just going through the motions that creates that future. So he goes to Ambrose to tell him that he needs to make other changes because what he's gonna do to his own past won't be enough. That's why the changes to the time sequence that occured prior to 1996 (Tory's dad) were only detectable after 1996. Because they are a direct result of the events of CON, of CON Nick going to the future in Intensity

message 24: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Or the prior to 1996 time travel could be from the Arelim or Cyprian interfering for whatever reasons. We're not sure.

We also don't know exactly what Nick is gonna say to Ambrose anyway. He's probably gonna talk about how the affects that Ambrose is making is a self-fulfilling prophecy and then there's this stuff about your son.

Plus, Nick said his plan is to remember things as an older squire so it's not confirmed either way if it was or was not Ambrose who time traveled prior to 1996.

message 25: by Marie (last edited May 31, 2018 06:43AM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Yeah I know. But whoever is responsible for Tory's dad, it had to have been a direct result of something that happened in CON. That's why it's only after the events of CON that Tory's past changed. Everything was normal until 1996 then, sometime after that, someone went further back in time to change things.

My theory is that the changes prior to 1996 are part of Nick and Ambrose's new plan, whatever that is. If Ambrose's interference into the past has played out like a self-fulfilling prophecy, then neither him nor Nick have succeeded at changing the future Nick saw with Xev, where the world ends and Cyprian is running loose. I don't think either of them would give up so easily, which is why I think it's a possibility that they are the ones responsible for what happened with Tory's dad. I mean, the man drowned near the ruins of Atlantis. I don't remember if it was confirmed in the books, but I feel like it's pretty obvious he was murdered for some reason. Meaning there was something there worth killing for.

But yeah, anybody could have traveled back and been responsible for changing his death, only I think whoever it was had to have done it as a result of the CON events.

message 26: by Marie (last edited Jun 22, 2018 12:54PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments So, you know how there's a traitor among the greeks who wants to usurp Zeus' throne and take Aphrodite as his bride? Well, turns out Cyprus is the island onto which Aphrodite emerged from the sea. It's the center of her cult.

So there might be a link between the mysterious traitor among the Greeks, Aphrodite, and Cyprian, whose name means "of Cyprus".

message 27: by Malachaibubble12 (last edited Jun 22, 2018 01:50PM) (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Marie wrote: "So, you know how there's a traitor among the greeks who wants to usurp Zeus' throne and take Aphrodite as his bride? Well, turns out Cyprus is the island onto which Aphrodite emerged from the sea. ..."

Idk Sherri has said that every Malachai except Nick, Adarian, and Monakribos were literally incapable I love. They just can't process it. And Nick said Adarian couldn't even recognize it in others when they were right in from to him. So yeah I don't think the same traitor that they are talking about is Cyprian.

But it's possible that it could be one of Cyprian's lackeys that later follow him. OoOOOO it's probably that Greek memory goddess! She could be a lesbian and have a need to being down the patriarchy.

message 28: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments I was just thinking that the traitor is someone who's mixed up in the circumstances of Cyprian's birth, that Cyprian might have been hidden ON Cyprus by someone who is linked to Aphrodite somehow.

message 29: by Silencio (new)

Silencio (xioru) | 29 comments I just realized that if Nick and Nyria were to have kids, the heir will have the power of the Malachai AND the combined blood/power of all 6 primals. Verlyn and Azura from Nick's mother, Malachai/Braith blood by his father. From Nyria would be Rezar and Cam. I don't know about Noir though, although I do remember Nick being able to be able to control 'Darkness?' once, and darkness was supposed to be Noir's elements. Thoughts?

message 30: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Silencio wrote: "I just realized that if Nick and Nyria were to have kids, the heir will have the power of the Malachai AND the combined blood/power of all 6 primals. Verlyn and Azura from Nick's mother, Malachai/B..."

Well technically their kids wouldn't inherit the Malachai Powers due to the whole curse/multiple curses? on Nick's familial line. I'm sure that they would inherit some abilities from Nick's side probably from being descendants of Azura, Verlyn, Xev, and Myone as well as the other miscellaneous species that the Malachai line bred with.

message 31: by Alex (new)

Alex | 40 comments Side note and a bit random but has anyone else heard anything at all about when the new SOF series is going to come out? I'm getting the vibe it's more than likely not going to be until at least 2019.

message 32: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments I think the author is having marital problems so whatever the projected dates were, I'm pretty sure everything after Stygian is being delayed

message 33: by Marie (last edited Aug 15, 2018 01:08PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Silencio wrote: "I just realized that if Nick and Nyria were to have kids, the heir will have the power of the Malachai AND the combined blood/power of all 6 primals. Verlyn and Azura from Nick's mother, Malachai/B..."

About the darkness thing: Every Primal has one element they have complete control over. Noir's is darkness, Rezar is fire (I think), Azura's is water, etc. As far as I can tell, that only means it's the element they have a particular affinity for. That doesn't they're the only ones using those elements. I'm guessing when it comes to a fight between Azura and another water-wielding being, Azura will always win, and the same goes for every being facing a Primal with its own weapon. (Aside from the incarnations of the Source, obviously)

What is intriguing about Nick is that he used Noir's element without Noir defeating him in the process. Noir is supposed to have complete control over darkness and you can bet that if the Malachai was using it, Noir would know about it (hence why he branded Nick right after). But Nick wasn't consumed with Darkness the way his ancestors' would have been. He stayed in control.

It might mean that he had a weapon inside him that countered the darkness: like the light that exploded out of him that time in Thorn's office. Light that he might be able to use thanks to being related to Kalosum beings.

message 34: by Marie (last edited Aug 15, 2018 01:08PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Malachaibubble12 wrote: "Silencio wrote: "I just realized that if Nick and Nyria were to have kids, the heir will have the power of the Malachai AND the combined blood/power of all 6 primals. Verlyn and Azura from Nick's m..."

I think Silencio was talking about the heir specifically, not just any kid Nick and Kody might have together.

message 35: by Alex (new)

Alex | 40 comments Marie wrote: "I think the author is having marital problems so whatever the projected dates were, I'm pretty sure everything after Stygian is being delayed"

Thanks Marie!

message 36: by Marie (last edited Sep 29, 2018 06:55AM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments So, I know we can't exactly rely on Kody's knowledge of the future. But there is this thing that's bugging me: she said the last Malachai would hold the fate of the world in tandem with his brother, right?

I initially interpreted that as Nick and either Madoc or Ash being the two that hold the fate of the world in their hands.

But now we know Nick isn't the last Malachai.

Also, what if Kody said "his brother" merely because she assumed the Malachai would be male? I mean, it's always been a male Malachai ever since Monakribos. But SK also made it very clear that there have been female Malachai before. And Nick has a daughter. So possibly Nick's real heir is his daughter and she and Cyprian hold the fate of the world in their hands, as prophecised.

I mean, we already know something funky is going on with the Malachai curse in some distant future, since there are at least two Malachai running around (Cyprian and Ambrose). So it's not totally crazy that the whole thing about a "male heir" no longer applies. Maybe the whole reason the world's going to end is because Charity and Cyprian are at war with each other and that's where the "hold the fate of the world in tandem" thing comes from.

This is all part of a theory I have that if the wrong child (meaning, not the true heir) inherits the Malachai power, the power controls the person rather than the person controlling the power and that is what a truly, unleashed, world-destroying Malachai is. I'm thinking Cyprian is fighting Charity for what he sees as his birthright (possibly in a hazard-type scenario like Nick went through in CON).

message 37: by Alex (new)

Alex | 40 comments That's actually a really interesting theory. I had never thought of it because SK said the curse only applied to males and a female would not inherit the Malachai powers. That would make sense though especially now that we know that Ambrose is not the last Malachai. What I'm curious of, because Kody's memories are tampered with, is whether she actually was reborn centuries later or if she was born only several years after Ari. She did say in Intensity that she was a lot older than she was led to believe. As for your theory I'd love to see that play out. Especially after the glimpse we got of the future where Cyprian attacked Charity in Invision where Nick went to the future. I always thought the Malachai, who destroys the world, was simply just consumed completely by hatred per the curse but your take on it would make sense.

message 38: by Alex (new)

Alex | 40 comments Another thing that's been bugging me. In the DH series we have already seen Nick getting memories back from CON but does he remember everything? If so, would he not know that he has a son trying to kill him?

message 39: by Marie (last edited Sep 29, 2018 09:21AM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments I thought maybe part of the reason Nick still went through with the whole forgetting everything thing back in Intensity was that, despite knowing the detail of Grim and Laguerre's mysterious "attack", he didn't truly want to prevent his son's conception. So I think remembering that at this point in DH would be counterproductive if he didn't want to prevent his son's birth (unless the attack already took place and Cyprian has been conceived...or he's planning to make himself forget again).

I'm pretty sure his goal is to get to his son before his psycho mom makes him into a monster

message 40: by Marie (last edited Sep 29, 2018 12:35PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments I have this theory that each descendant of the Malachai bloodline including Nick functions like a prison to hold the power of the Malachai.
Nick realised that no one can really hold him since he figured out how to open portals, which fits with the Conquest thing. So to me, it's like the Malachai (unlike all the demons being constantly hunted by Hellchasers and Hellhunters) can't and isn't supposed to be contained to one world, because the Malachai's power is already contained within the Malachai demon. I think that's the reason why the Malachai is the only demon that can enslave someone either by tying them to their life or their power. The individual demon and the power seem somehow separate. So for all the evil the Malachai is capable of, it's still nothing compared to what would happen if that power was let loose.

I think each Malachai of that bloodline is made to hold that power but if the power grows beyond the capacity of any descendant to handle it, or if the wrong ill-equipped child inherits it, then the power (The MALACHAI) would be released. And that's why it would be catastrophic for a non-heir kid to inherit somehow, like Madoc almost did in CON. If a Malachai's son isn't the heir, then that makes him too weak of a prison to hold that amount of power and channel it safely

And the Malachai's generals aren't just generals. They act as the prison's guards and the demon's guardians, ensuring the power remains contained by being compelled to protect its prison (the malachai demon)

This is all a very overcomplicated backstory I made up. It's probably a lot simpler than this. I tend to overthink stuff because I'm really into the "balance of the universe" theme of this series so I like to think of the logic behind stuff like faith and curses and how it figures into this series' version of universal balance.

message 41: by Malachaibubble12 (last edited Sep 29, 2018 05:17PM) (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Marie wrote: "I have this theory that each descendant of the Malachai bloodline including Nick functions like a prison to hold the power of the Malachai.
Nick realised that no one can really hold him since he f..."

I like your analogy about the descendant Malachai as a prison and his generals as the prison guards for the Malachai within.

And yeah it's that you over thought it--you just went in depth and explained some of it. Sherri generally gives us the short version of one sentence and in that sentence can be a lot of candy. As if the sentence was a disguised pinata (that you have to look at carefully to see if there is something inside it) and in that pinata is a bunch candy aka the implications of what the sentence implies, aludes to, or symbolizes.

Adarian mentioned the Malachai and how only a real Malachai can handle the power when he talked to Nick in Illusion. Also, Kody touched upon it when she told alternate Karma that she feared becoming a monster herself if she killed Nick and took his Malachai powers.

So you didn't over think it--all you did was bust up the pinata and line up the candies that were inside that you could find scattered on the floor--which is fine.

message 42: by Marie (last edited Sep 29, 2018 06:14PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments It was the way Nick once mentioned hearing that voice deep inside him….the ancient voice of his power, of his ancestors…. It sounded like the power has a will of its own and that just set my imagination flying.

It's just, sometimes I do things like think of the really cool, complicated motives that could be behind a character's actions. And I'm used to SK giving us nuance and depth with her characters so I come to expect a villain to be revealed to be just like everyone else. But then when I ask questions about it, it turns out the explaination is "oh no, no, they're just really petty". No nuance. Just someone being mean for kicks.

So I'm a bit hesitant when it comes to theories because I expect SK to come out and say "oh no, no, it's magic, that's all". I'm inventing a logic behind how the DH universe works and I'm afraid of being told "nah, it's magic". I would be beyond disappointed.

message 43: by Marie (last edited Sep 29, 2018 06:24PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Hey, what if Ambrose somehow kept Cyprian from inheriting all of his father's powers after killing him? We already know there's something weird going on in the line of succession because it feels like Cyprian was around a long time before Ambrose ever realised he existed which should have been impossible with the curse ensuring that the father weakened while his heir lived. What if Ambrose knew his son wasn't his heir (which, according to my theory, made him too weak to hold that amount of power)
and so he kept him from inheriting somehow (this is why I considered the possibility of Charity being the heir instead and them fighting over that birthright). I mean, it sounds like Cyprian got Ambrose's memories but it's hard to tell if he became significantly more powerful after killing Ambrose. Nick certainly had no problem kicking his ass when they finally confronted each other.

But if he didn't inherit his father's power, that might explain why Cyprian decided to go to the past and syphon off his father while he was still a teenager.

message 44: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Marie wrote: "It was the way Nick once mentioned hearing that voice deep inside him….the ancient voice of his power, of his ancestors…. It sounded like the power has a will of its own and that just set my imagin..."

You should make your theories or any theory come true...by making fan fiction for all of us. I think u would be a good writer. :)

message 45: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Marie wrote: "Hey, what if Ambrose somehow kept Cyprian from inheriting all of his father's powers after killing him? We already know there's something weird going on in the line of succession because it feels l..."

I can't think of a real reason why Cyprian wouldn't be the rightful heir to the Malachai powers and throne. Sure Charity is Kody's kid (based on the assumed info we have) and thus she's more biologically related to Cam and Rezar both Primals; but we still have no 100% clear answer as to who Cyprian's mother and maternal grandparents are. His mom really could be Laguerre making the dark Primals Azura and Noir is direct grandparents. And or (as per my own personal theory) his real mother is Lilith and she had/has an evil plan so she put her baby in Laguerre's womb. If my theory's right Cyprian would be technically related to Lilith, Azura, and Noir (AND then Braith, Azura, Jaden, +whoever Myone and Kissare were descendants of). He'd be a total Primal rainbow destructo if all 7 Primals bloodlines were to be combined in one person. And we know for sure that Charity wouldn't have Lilith or Noir in her blood, so Cyprian (if my theory turns out to be true) would be related to more Primal pantheons and thus have more power and be more naturally suited to be the rightful heir and inherit the Malachai powers than his sister(s).

That's still unconfirmed, but I just don't see Cyprian not being the rightful heir. Plus, I think Adarian said that only the true heir/son could kill a Malachai/the current Malachai.

Hmmm, since Nick's not the last Malachai and the last Malachai has a brother then maybe that means that Nick has ANOTHER son he doesn't know about? Lol ever since Illusion I would imagine/make a whole ton of what-ifs that Nick had twins, triplets, or four kids that he didn't know about only to discover them and him trying to adopt them from their abusive mother.

Then in Intensity Takeshi said Kody had "children" implying that she had more than one. I'm pretty sure it's Chasity meaning she would be a girl-thus Nick having at least three kids. Both of them being girls they wouldn't be subject to Monakribos's curse so Cyprian's born off radar. Srry I know this is off-topic but I love the possibility that all that imagining and thinking and self-made theories and filler actually came true so far in small portions. Now all there needs to be is an all-out battle royale between the sibs in the apocalypse timeline with Cyprian murdering them in power-hungry fashion and it'd be all true. And if not, there will be fanfics made by me or someone else.

message 46: by Marie (last edited Sep 30, 2018 07:06AM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Thanks!

I'm pretty sure Chastity was a typo...but then, maybe Sherrie is counting on us thinking it's a typo, so maybe it's a not Charity but a completely different person.

I'm still convinced the mysterious Vic is somehow Conquest, but I'm not sure how exactly.

Maybe Cyprian being the rightful heir is precisely why Ambrose tried to cheat the system and keep him from inheriting. He knew what would happen if he did. Maybe that's what that vial he drank before dying did to him.

Or maybe it snapped him backwards in time to present-day and his powers along with him so the battle could continue there, robbing Cyprian of the power he should have gotten upon his father's death. (I still think the End Times is actually a war fought throughout time and not just in some distant future). Maybe being "reborn" backwards into himself is what caused Nick to remember stuff in No Mercy and caused his power to grow more rapidly than anyone knows.

message 47: by Malachaibubble12 (last edited Sep 30, 2018 05:34PM) (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Marie wrote: "Thanks!

I'm pretty sure Chastity was a typo...but then, maybe Sherrie is counting on us thinking it's a typo, so maybe it's a not Charity but a completely different person.

I'm still convinced th..."

Idk I think that Cyprian DID inherit his father's powers when Ambrose died. When CoN Nick killed him Cyprian wasn't expecting him to be there in that alley or even out of the grimiore. I think Cyprian didn't put up much of a fight because he knew he already won both in the past and in the future--plus he mentioned that there was something worse than him. So, regardless, he probably didnt see a point in putting up a big fight (even though he's a Malachai) because he had already been drowning in victory on some level as that Cyprian had already achieved what his species set out for: world domination and the apocalypse.

Sure, Cyprian still wanted to cement that future he achieved to make sure it was unchanged (as well as probably a yearning for his father #Anyone to love and accept him)--but maybe he came to the conclusion that that hope was a lost cause--so he might've chosen to let CoN Nick kill him and put him out of his own misery. As Sherrilyn Kenyon says: "Even the devil may cry when he looks around hell and realizes that he's there alone."

I really hope in Shadows of Fire that we'll get to see what Cyprian was thinking and doing in those two weeks that Nick was in the grimoire.

message 48: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments So, I was trying to figure out what would happen to Cyprian's power after he was killed by Nick. Like, logically, Nick should have "inherited" Cyprian's power...but how would that be possible if Nick, in the past, already possesses the power he would logically inherit from his son (who had inherited it from him). I couldn't figure out how that would work.

But what if the reason the elder (father) Malachai weakens when his heir is born is that they are both tapping into the same well of power. Like, up until an heir is born, the power of the Malachai is channelled by one Malachai. But Nick started weakening from the moment Cyprian got to the past, maybe not because he was syphoning from his father directly...but because they were both tapping into the same well of power and stretching it too thin between the two of them so that Nick started weakening.

So Nick wouldn't necessarily get anything out of killing Cyprian because they have the same power. Killing him would only...plug a leak, basically.

Still, it seems like, for the power to keep growing over generations, each Malachai already comes with his own power before monopolising the use of the Malachai Genetic Power Well (or whatever). So logically, Nick should have inherited whatever bits of power Cyprian was born with.

Although, maybe Cyprian wasn't killed at all. There was stuff in there about him having a fake body or something and I could never make any sense of it.

message 49: by Silencio (new)

Silencio (xioru) | 29 comments I believe that the prophecy about the last Malachai was toward Nick, given how it would link the entire event to make Madoc have a more impactful role in the Universe (ie. Holding the balance in tandem). Or better yet, it was toward his other brother....Acheron. (reconciliation?)

But then again, Nyria's tampered memories really mess with any chance of a concrete assumption if we are to base them off of it, so anything maybe possible right now. I simply believe that when they speak of the 'last Malachai' perhaps it was before the conception of Cyprian, or before Cyprian inherit the Malachai power? Cause if I remember correctly, ever since the Primus Bellum, there hasn't been a 'born' Malachai, only the ones that 'inherit' said power by destroying their elder.

PS. If the curse is somehow broken and there can be two Malachai....then it would make sense if there are two Sephiroth, yeah? (Cherise, anyone?)

PPS. Oh, I hope it's not a typo regarding the name. I've always found Chastity AND Charity to be fitting names to carry on Cherise's legacies, so two daughters please.

message 50: by Bren (new)

Bren (brencl94) | 418 comments Silencio wrote: "I believe that the prophecy about the last Malachai was toward Nick, given how it would link the entire event to make Madoc have a more impactful role in the Universe (ie. Holding the balance in ta..."

Ehhh, the name thing, this might sound super mean, but Charity and Chastity sound like stripper names :/.

« previous 1