Sword & Sorcery: "An earthier sort of fantasy" discussion

Book Haul > Mississippi delta

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard (new)

Richard | 757 comments I absolutely love to hunt for old books in book stores, thrift stores, and libraries. I also enjoy sharing my finds.

This past week I've been on the road working and had a little down time in Vicksburg, Mississippi. Sadly they do not have a bookstore.

The one thrift store was in sad shape but they had quite a few books. Oddly no fantasy or science fiction books. I persevered and was rewarded with a copy of Genghis Khan in great shape at a very affordable price. This is the first title I've ever found by Lamb. The cover by Ken Kelly is nice too.

Vicksburg boasts a library with a massive used book room. Unfortunately they aren't organized to any system I could tell. But I did find The Iron Cage, Night of Masks, Uncharted Stars, and To Ride a Rathorn. My home library sells each book priced individually, but Vicksburg sells them $.25 an inch. You could really clean up with all the western books they had.

message 2: by Jason M (new)

Jason M Waltz (worddancer) | 329 comments congrats on the finds! that very same Lamb title started me on my collection of Lamb's biographies, which led to discovering his shorts via Howard Andrew Jones' collected works.