What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Reckless Conduct
This topic is about Reckless Conduct
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romance book from 90s-00s mousey secretary grieving has a dramatic makeover, boss relationship ensues. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 14 comments I can’t recall exactly when I read this, would have been 90s - 00s probably. Would have been Harlequin / Mills and Boon paperback or something of that ilk.

Spoilers follow

Previously mousey secretary is going through a crisis grieving and invests in an extreme makeover, including dyeing hair blonde. Relationship with boss starts building. I can recall a scene where she is explaining to boss (maybe in her kitchen) that she is grieving, cane home to find (?) Frank dead one day. Cute miscommunication ensues when he thinks it is a person, she says she buried him in garden, cue confused horror, clarification that it was her cat.
Eventually secretary discovers that she slept with boss at Christmas party when another employee spiked the punch - she did not remember sleeping with him. The act has resulted in pregnancy.

HEA. End scene reveals she has triplets.

Thanks for any help - would love to buy a digital copy and reread this one just for fun.

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4327 comments Reckless Conduct looks like it?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Reckless Conduct by Susan Napier - Ayshe's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=puT...

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 14 comments Yay! That’s it - thank you!!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Reckless Conduct (other topics)
RECKLESS CONDUCT (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Susan Napier (other topics)