Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
This topic is about The Sea of Monsters
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2) by Rick Riordan → Start Date: August 1, 2014

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Join Amanda and I as we read second book of Percy Jackson and the Olympians series! :)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Excited to read this series with you! :)

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments I started reading The Sea of Monsters yesterday. Is it just me or is this book smaller than first one, I though after first book all others just get bigger/with more pages. But, it's ok. XD

I finished with chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) This book is actually shorter it is not even 300 pages where as the other was around 400. I figured they would also get bigger though. I'm not sure if I will read some of the book tonight because I just got home and it's now almost 3am and I've been drinking so I will think about reading it lol. I just don't want to forget anything.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay about to start this book right now.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Hey sorry I'm a little behind on reading this book. Plan to at least get halfway done with the book today.

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "Hey sorry I'm a little behind on reading this book. Plan to at least get halfway done with the book today."

Totally ok. I'm going to finish with this book today! I like it so far, only couple of chapters left! :)
Is it okay if we start with 3rd book this Friday? you can make thread for this one, I still need to finish with some other books before Friday. :D

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay sounds good, hope you are enjoying it. I will finish this book by Friday so we can read the next book, because that day is fine to read it. I will make the thread right now. :)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay here is the thread for the third book. :)

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay I am aware I keep getting behind which I hate I still haven't read anymore but I plan to finish the book today, I'm going to read a bit of it now since I'm not tired and I need to finish it before tomorrow so we can read the 3rd book together.

message 11: by Miodrag ★❥ (last edited Aug 07, 2014 03:29AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "Okay I am aware I keep getting behind which I hate I still haven't read anymore but I plan to finish the book today, I'm going to read a bit of it now since I'm not tired and I need to finish it be..."

Okay, I have finished book already. :) Now, finished two other books and getting back to Outlander. Later tomorrow will start with 3rd book of Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I am really excited for this one, because I totally don't know what's going to happen... :P It's good that there is only 2 movies out, 3rd movie is coming next year I think? or not?

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I know that's why I really need to catch up since you have finished it lol. Sounds good I requested this movie from my library since I don't own it so I can watch it after I finish the book and it just got there yesterday so I just need to go pick it up. That's true and smart hope it gets good though. I just looked it up and it doesn't even say anything. Now I wonder when it will come out.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay almost done with this book, only have 5 chapters left and then I will be done. I will be watching the movie after the book, and hopefully will start the other book right after that if not I will start later tonight.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Just finished and that was better then the first book, now going to watch the movie.

I am surprised (view spoiler)

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "Just finished and that was better then the first book, now going to watch the movie.

I am surprised [spoilers removed]"

I am also (view spoiler)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I totally agree (view spoiler)

Ugh so dumb! (view spoiler)

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "I totally agree [spoilers removed]

Ugh so dumb! [spoilers removed]"

I guess people who made those movies didn't read the books or something... because I just can't believe that someone can miss all those 'cool' moments in the book and add something totally different in the movie... movies are a total disaster, really and now I am afraid to watch 3rd movie when it comes out. XD But again, I kinda like the movies, because I like the cast. XD

I really think that someone needs to change producers and writers for 3rd movie ASAP!!! Also, you really don't needs to read books for those movies, because books and movies are like two different worlds, they just changed almost everything... and I hate them for that... maybe they think that some parts are like scary? LOL

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I liked it better in the books then the movies, I just hate when movies aren't the same as the books at all it's annoying. I just looked it up and the producers and writers are different in both the movies that are out so maybe that makes sense on why this one was like nothing alike where as the other was a little more alike, so who knows if the 3rd movie will be different again.
I asked my mom if she wanted to watch the movie with me because she liked the first movie and she said she liked this one more but she also hasn't read the books. But I liked both movies though just not the adaptation though.