Diversity in All Forms! discussion

Monthly Bonus Reads > Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (June 2018)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mariah Roze (new)

Mariah Roze (mariahroze) | 1430 comments Mod

message 2: by Sj (new)

Sj | 17 comments I'd like to read this one, too ... I'll see if I can get a copy from the library

great selection :)

message 3: by Mariah Roze (new)

This book has been on my to-read for a long time.

message 4: by Corinne (new)

Corinne I love this one.

message 5: by MaWhit (new)

MaWhit  (mawhit) I just finished a re-read of this one. It's a favorite. :) The audio version is really good, too.

message 6: by Summer (new)

Summer (paradisecity) | 18 comments I really enjoyed this one. I thought the plot has some (view spoiler). That got underplayed in the movie a bit, but I thought overall the movie was a pretty good adaptation and a pretty good movie in its own right.

message 7: by MaWhit (new)

MaWhit  (mawhit) I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

message 8: by Mariah Roze (new)

I started this today!

message 9: by Mariah Roze (new)

I love the line, "being secure in your masculinity isn't the same as being straight."

message 10: by Kat (new)

Kat (katwiththehat) | 48 comments I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book. I think the author has such a fun voice, and love the way she captures the feelings of insecurity and bravery and just back and forth of emotions that is so normal at that age. I just love Simon.

message 11: by Mariah Roze (new)

Finished this yesterday! Here is my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 12: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I loved this book too. It was a lot of fun and there were some great moments. I loved how Simon almost always tried to look at the funny side of life.

message 13: by Megan (new)

Megan | 119 comments Finally got this, had it on hold forever. Absolutely loved it.

aPriL does feral sometimes  (cheshirescratch) Oh, WOW! This book! THIS BOOK! I am doing the happy dance. I LOVED IT.

How did I never hear about this book? And now I just found out there is a movie, too.

message 15: by Mariah Roze (new)

aPriL does feral sometimes wrote: "Oh, WOW! This book! THIS BOOK! I am doing the happy dance. I LOVED IT.

How did I never hear about this book? And now I just found out there is a movie, too."

Is the movie the same as the book? They had two different names, so I wasn't sure....

aPriL does feral sometimes  (cheshirescratch) From what I have read from other reviewers, the movie dropped Alice the oldest sister from the plot. I guess there are a few other changes, too. I have not seen the movie.

message 17: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Hmm.. that's too bad. But she only showed up at the end. I hope they kept the theater crowd in.

message 18: by MaWhit (new)

MaWhit  (mawhit) I've read the book 3 times, I think, and have seen the movie. There are a lot of changes in the movie, so I recommend leaving a good-sized gap between reading and viewing. My daughter enjoyed the movie more than I did because she'd forgotten a lot of the details, but I'd just re-read it and there were some big changes. It was still cute, though.