Audiobooks discussion

Technical stuff > No place for promotional codes

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 183 comments Just received a promotional code to review an audiobook but when I went to Audible (both US and Canada sites), the usual place to put in the promotional code was missing. Has something changed on the sites or is this a glitch for a particular book?

message 2: by donna (new)

donna backshall (dtamayob) | 64 comments I just went in and tried to do use a promo code and found the same issue. The whole checkout process seems to have changed and it's not flexible at all. :(

message 3: by donna (new)

donna backshall (dtamayob) | 64 comments If you go to Help, and type "promotional code", you are told to hover over "Browse" on your home screen and choose "Redeem a Promo Code". The link to this option exists in this Help screen, but does NOT appear in the Browse hover links. *sigh*

Go figure, again Audible fixed something that wasn't broken, but now is.

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan (nrlymrtl) | 95 comments I ran into this earlier this week. Go to Audible hompage and scroll to the very bottom. There in the 3rd column of options is Redeem A Promocode.

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 183 comments Thanks for the help, guys. Redeemed the code. Why they changed this is beyond me!

message 6: by donna (new)

donna backshall (dtamayob) | 64 comments I reported the issue to Audible, and got a form letter addressed to Blair (uh, who?) with a copy & paste from the Help page. Yes, the Help instructions I also reported as inaccurate. Color me underwhelmed.

This asleep-at-the-wheel response promised the request would be sent to Website Improvement for consideration. We'll see if anything happens. Being able to apply a promo code on the same page as the purchase seems advantageous for those authors/narrators/publishers trying to increase reviews, and I for one would like to see this option restored.