What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

I.O.U
This topic is about I.O.U
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. 90s teen horror. Girl sees glowing red eyes in her closet, dreams about being chased. Later she is chased by a demon... Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1530 comments I haven't actually read this book, but my friend described the plot to me when I was younger and I wanted to read it. I don't think my friend remembered the title/author even at the time.

It was a 90s teen horror book, may have been part of an imprint like Point Horror or Nightmare Hall.

The main character was a teenage girl who saw glowing red eyes in her closet at night, and had recurring dreams about being chased through a forest. At the end of the book, it turned out that the glowing eyes belonged to a demon who was after her. The demon ended up chasing the girl through a forest, and she knew where to run to escape because it was the same route as the one she dreamed about.

I think the girl's boyfriend was also involved somehow - maybe he was possessed by the demon or something?

Any help appreciated - I realise this is a bit vague.

Paula Brandon | 17 comments It sounds like "I.O.U." by Nicholas Adams.I.O.U.

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1530 comments Paula, thank you - this must be the book! Moving to Solved.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Rachel. I added a spoiler alert to the topic header and removed the spoiler (which is fine to mention in the comments below the header).

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1530 comments Thanks Kris. Having read a plot summary of the book online, the spoiler I described is not very accurate anyway since I never read the book, but I see where you're coming from!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

I.O.U. (other topics)