Play Book Tag discussion

Scrappy Little Nobody
This topic is about Scrappy Little Nobody
Archive: Other Books > Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charlotte (last edited May 24, 2018 06:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Charlotte | 1663 comments Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick - Audible edition
4 stars

I really enjoyed the audiobook version of this book. It was light, funny, and interesting. It was a little all over the place in spots which annoyed me some because it didn't seem organized.

Overall I thought her performance of it was good but there was definitely spots where you could tell that she was reading. As I listen to more and more audiobooks, I like the ones where it sounds like they are talking, or just telling a story. I get disappointed when it becomes obvious that they are reading.

There several points in the book that I laughed out loud when she was describing a story and it kept me engaged. I didn't like it as much as I did Tina Fey's Bossypants but it was good. I thought it was interesting that she started from such a young age and in theatre. I would definitely recommend if you like Anna Kendrick. I think she is delightful and have seen most of her movies. This book and hearing her read it endeared her even more to me.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Yay! Glad you enjoyed this! I agreed with you about the narration, but there were definitely some very funny parts.

Charlotte | 1663 comments And I started The Last Black Unicorn as soon as I finished this one... I'm about an hour or two in and all I can say is WOW. To come from where she has and to go through what she has and to be so smart, strong, and successful... just wow, I'm in awe.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Charlotte wrote: "And I started The Last Black Unicorn as soon as I finished this one... I'm about an hour or two in and all I can say is WOW. To come from where she has and to go through what she ha..."

YES! I love this memoir kick you are on.

It is not a celebrity memoir, but have you ever read anything by Jen Lancaster? Her first three books are her best, starting with Bitter Is the New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass, Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office and they literally made me laugh out loud!

I have to admit though that I read them in hard copy and they had a lot of crazy footnotes, and I am not sure how that would translate into an audio book....

Charlotte | 1663 comments Nicole R wrote: "Charlotte wrote: "And I started The Last Black Unicorn as soon as I finished this one... I'm about an hour or two in and all I can say is WOW. To come from where she has and to go t..."

I'll have to add it to my TBR.. there was a sale on Audible this past week so I picked up Gumption: Relighting the Torch of Freedom with America's Gutsiest Troublemakers and How to Get Run Over by a Truck.

How to Get Run Over by a Truck is by Katie McKenna and she literally got run over by a truck... an eighteen-wheeler at that! This the story she wrote (and narrated) about getting over that, recovering, and figuring out her new life... that's probably next on my audio list... (my print book list is a whole other beast ;) )

message 6: by Joi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments Aca-awesome!! I agree, this was was super fun because of Anna's voice. She has a super distinct voice- sarcasm and wit that came through in the audio.

Glad you're reading The Last Black Unicorn. Get ready to pee yourself from laughing so card- then crying like a baby all in the span of 2 pages.

Charlotte | 1663 comments Joi wrote: "Aca-awesome!! I agree, this was was super fun because of Anna's voice. She has a super distinct voice- sarcasm and wit that came through in the audio.

Glad you're reading [book:The Last Black Unic..."

Oh yes... the stuff about her mom... oh wow... yesterday I was ugly crying as I was driving home from work! I'm so glad that I drive backroads so that no one could see the mess that I was lol!

Today I was crying from laughing so hard about the revenge and the short time that she was a pimp... lol.