Our Shared Shelf discussion

Announcements > OSS EXCLUSIVE!! The Hate U Give author, Angie Thomas made a video for OSS.

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Helen, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (new)

Helen | 44 comments Mod
Hi everyone:

I'm super excited to share a reading that Angie Thomas created specifically for Our Shared Shelf members!

Ever since I read this book, I've been wanting to hear the words in the author's voice and my wish came true today. Angie reads the part where Starr's parents give her "The Talk" x 2 and manages to make it both hilarious and heartbreaking.

Take a look and leave a comment to let Angie know what you think.

Thank you, Angie Thomas, you made my week!

With love,
Helen

https://youtu.be/E3_SOkVlrmQ

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello!

Thanks a lot to her for this video and the reading of an extract of her book! :)

And of course, thank you for sharing the video.

message 3: by Audra (new)

Audra | 2 comments Wow. That is so emotionally heavy in such few sentences. I am beyond excited to read this <3

message 4: by Jo (new)

Jo (jo961) | 5 comments Wow! Thank you so much for that. I have the book on the shelf beside me now waiting to be read. My daughter recommended I read it and I can see why from this excerpt. This is my kind of book. Powerful! Xxx

message 5: by Abby (new)

Abby (aalgarin25) | 1 comments Finished the book last week... couldn’t put it down! Loved hearing this excerpt from Angie, thank you!!

message 6: by Surovi (new)

Surovi Shobnom (surovishobnomgmailcom) | 2 comments Can't wait any longer to read this book
eager for read this amazing book!

message 7: by Molly (new)

Molly (bkwurm13) Thank you so much for sharing an excerpt from your book with us, Angie! There is something so special about hearing book excerpts read out loud by the author and I look forward to reading this!

message 8: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 31 comments Helen wrote: "Hi everyone:

I'm super excited to share a reading that Angie Thomas created specifically for Our Shared Shelf members!"

Has Emma had a chance to interview Angie Thomas yet? I'm excited to see that interview.

message 9: by Helen, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (new)

Helen | 44 comments Mod
Emma has not had that opportunity, yet. I wish!

message 10: by Helen, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (new)

Helen | 44 comments Mod
But have you seen the interview that our OSS alumni author, Reni Eddo-Lodge did with Angie Thomas? It's so good!

message 11: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 31 comments Helen wrote: "But have you seen the interview that our OSS alumni author, Reni Eddo-Lodge did with Angie Thomas? It's so good!"

I haven't, I'll have to check it out, thanks!

message 12: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Dennis | 2 comments I love this so far

message 13: by Emily (new)

Emily | 3 comments Want to read this book now!

Thank you!

message 14: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Lovegreen (lynn_lovegreen) Brilliant book--so nice of Angie Thomas to do this video for us!

message 15: by Arti (new)

Arti Nair (arti_nair) | 1 comments I loved the clip. This book has truly been a humbling experience for me. There is so much that I assumed I knew or understood...but I really didn't! It is this in-between space where I am deeply moved by the experience of the characters of the book and the community they reflect, but at the same time, learning that I can never really understand it...not completely at least.

message 16: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Trofimencoff | 48 comments Fantastic! She is becoming my favourite YA author.