What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > 90's picture book of monsters taking kid campers. (Genre: Children, picture book, horror)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Blount | 2 comments Need help finding a picture book that was made in the 90's or late 80's. I know its a picture book and was quite dark for kids. A bunch of campers from camp are taken from a wide range of monsters (vampire, spider, etc.) Does anyone know its name?

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments You should move this from general folder into the "Unsolved looking for a certain book" folder.....more people look there and you might get it found, best of luck

message 4: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Blount | 2 comments Adele wrote: "Is it Monster Camp-Out: Ready-To-Read Monster Camp-Out Ready-To-Read by Molly Wigand?"

Nope, that is not it. The monsters are traditional like a Vampire, spider, etc. I for certain know that a vampire takes one of the kids. The campers are from a traditional summer camp.

Amanada, will do. going to move it to the other folder.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Ryan, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1226 comments You're the Scaredy-Cat has a little boy telling stories of campers being taken by monsters and I suspect the illustrations show the stories being told exactly like the events happening in the picture book story itself. Based on the reviews, this is quite dark. Originally published in 1974.