UK Book Club discussion

Random Chit-Chat > Your adaptations

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (last edited Jul 30, 2014 02:34AM) (new)

Linda Dobinson (baspoet) | 510 comments What novels would you like to see adapted to film or TV series. I am an avid watcher of adaptations though I am a bit ambivalent - I don't like it when they stray to far from the text.

When it comes to the classics there are so many to choose from though you would not know it as the same few books get done time and time and time again. For example Jane Eyre. I love the novel, it is one of my top 5 favourites but there have been 6 adaptations that I know of. Enough I think! So for my classics choice I would like to see another Charlotte Bronte novel - Shirley - adapted.

When it comes to contemporary I have not read so much but I have read the I heart series by Lindsey Kelk and I love them. In Angela Clark Kelk has created a heroine that is likable and that many women can relate to - well women who are not afraid of carbs. :)
and Angela's adventures are hysterical. With the right casting I reckon they could be as good as Bridger Jones' Diary. As heat magazine would say - Make this happen.

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda Kelly | 251 comments Nights at the Circus by Angela carter. My favourite novel. There was a fantastic adaptation of her Magic Toyshop so would like to see it done in the same vein.

message 3: by Helen (new)

Helen | 4238 comments It is always the same ones; Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights. If like some Wilkie Collins but not the Woman in White or the Moonstone again.