What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Pawn's Dream
This topic is about Pawn's Dream
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Science Fiction? Maybe General Fiction? A man lives in two worlds. When he falls asleep on earth, he awakes on another world. This one, I think, has magical properties. Or he has special gifts. When he falls asleep there, he awakes on earth. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Self (authordaphneself) | 8 comments I'm looking for a book that is possibly science fiction, but I am not sure on the genre. It is not a YA book. The target audience is adults. The publication date is around 80s or 90s. I read the book sometime in the early 90s.
The plot/characters:
As detailed as I can get, this is what I remember of the book.
A man lives in two worlds. When he falls asleep on earth, he awakes on another world. This one, I think, has magical properties. Or he has special gifts. When he falls asleep there, he awakes on earth. Each world seems like reality to him, so he never knows which is a dream or if they are both real.
I'm wanting to say that he is sick in the earth reality, but I can't truly remember.
And I think he had a love interest in the other world.

This isn't a fantasy novel, where the majority takes place in a created world. Throughout the book, the character bounces from one place to the other.

message 2: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1247 comments Pawn's Dream by Eric Nylund, just tossing this out there, it's been too long since I read it to say how well it fits specific details.

message 3: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Self (authordaphneself) | 8 comments Aerulan wrote: "Pawn's Dream by Eric Nylund, just tossing this out there, it's been too long since I read it to say how well it fits specific details."

That's the book! Thanks!

message 4: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1247 comments Daphne wrote: "Aerulan wrote: "Pawn's Dream by Eric Nylund, just tossing this out there, it's been too long since I read it to say how well it fits specific details."

That's the book! Thanks!"

You're welcome!

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40648 comments Mod
Plot details added to header. Please always include plot details in your header, as per the Group Rules.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Pawn's Dream (other topics)