Polls for Our Souls discussion

Saga, Volume 1
This topic is about Saga, Volume 1
I Need Recommendations > Graphic Novel Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachael Abude | 13 comments Anyone have any recommendations for graphic novels? They're completely new to me, and I'm just dipping my toes into them. So far, I have LOVED Saga, and Monstress, and I'm not a huge superhero graphic novel fan. I only have one volume of Saga left to read, and I'm all caught up on Monstress so I'm looking for more to read in in that lane. Thank you!
Saga, Vol. 1 (Saga, #1) by Brian K. Vaughan Monstress, Vol. 1 Awakening (Monstress, #1) by Marjorie M. Liu

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Heather (hersecretsmile) | 56 comments My current favorite graphic novel series are Rat Queens #1 and The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 1: The Faust Act

message 5: by Jez (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jez (helloimjez) | 9 comments I'm currently loving Giant Days and Lumberjanes!

message 6: by Addison (new)

Addison Dixon Macbeth (if you like graphic novels)

message 8: by Mars (new)

Mars | 30 comments Scott Pilgrim
It's the weirdest most entertaining graphic novel I've ever read. It also has a movie, which is pretty good, but it leaves out A LOT of the crucial parts of the Comic.

Benjamin Uke | 62 comments *Whimsical but fun:
Fables, Vol. 1 Legends in Exile by Bill Willingham
Think Grimm fairytales loose in 80s New York.

Scott Pilgrim, Volume 1 Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O'Malley
Hipster grows up

By Crom! by Rachel Kahn
Conan-the barbarian is a young-artists spirit-animal, he follows her around and gives her advice in a slice-of-life comic.

The Complete Maus (Maus, #1-2) by Art Spiegelman
Graphic novel of a man surviving the concentration camps of WWII.
Rat Queens #1 by Kurtis J. Wiebe
Fun cast of heroines go adventuring.

And for those with a warped sense of humor:
Transmetropolitan, Vol. 1 Back on the Street (Transmetropolitan, #1) by Warren Ellis
Hunter S Thompson IN THE FUUUUUTUUUUUUURE! (caution full of drugs, insanity and batshit-madness.)

Fantastical but gritty and weirdly endearing.
Saga, Vol. 1 (Saga, #1) by Brian K. Vaughan

Rachael Abude | 13 comments Thanks everyone for the fabulous recommendations! A couple of these I had heard of but because of your recommendations I will finally be picking them up!