Flower Mound Public Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Topics > Vote on Flower Mound's Favorite Book!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan (last edited May 30, 2018 08:01AM) (new)

Morgan (morgan_norman) | 85 comments Mod
Vote in our community poll of PBS's List of 100 to select Flower Mound's favorite! You can access the poll by scrolling to the bottom of the Group Home Page, clicking on "Polls" in the menu to the right of the Group Home Page, or by following this link: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/1...

You only have one chance to cast your vote, so make sure it's a good one! This poll will be open through the duration of The Great American Read, which will conclude in October 2018.

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane | 6 comments There are so many books on that list that had a significant effect on me at one time or another, it's difficult to choose just one!

message 4: by Morgan (new)

I agree, Diane!

Once you are ready to cast your vote, you can access our group poll using this link: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/1.... Feel free to share your choice on this discussion thread, but keep in mind that commenting here won't record your official vote!

message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane | 6 comments My favorite book growing up, read at an impressionable age, was A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. My mom gave me her copy, because the book impacted her, too. I still have that very old, tattered copy, and I'm going to have to pull it out and read it as an adult these very many years later to see if it still has that same impact. A favorite book should hold up no matter when you read it.

message 6: by Morgan (last edited Jun 14, 2018 06:34AM) (new)

Diane wrote: "My favorite book growing up, read at an impressionable age, was A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. My mom gave me her copy, because the book impacted her, too. I still have that very old, tattered copy, and..."

Great idea! A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is one of my all-time favorites too.

message 7: by Sue (new)

Sue | 3 comments Mod
Diane wrote: "My favorite book growing up, read at an impressionable age, was A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. My mom gave me her copy, because the book impacted her, too. I still have that very old, tattered copy, and..."

Same here, Diane! Sometimes when I re-read a book at a different phase of life, it doesn't hold up, but usually it does. I look forward to reading this one again.

message 8: by Jennie (new)

Jennie (bobcatbrarian) | 9 comments Mod
I have so many favorites on this list! For me, The Alchemist is number one. It was one of those the-right-book-at-the-right-time reads for me and I'm forever grateful for it.

message 9: by Terri (new)

Terri | 1 comments The Outlander books helped me through a rough time in my life. Pure escapism ! I devoured them! I would have also wanted to vote for The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah, but that book was not on the list.

message 10: by BookGirl (new)

BookGirl To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorite books. Loved it as a child, love it now!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.