Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Heir of Novron [July 12, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 163 (163 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

message 3: by Andorion (new)

Andorion (ruineleint) In!

message 4: by Mayim (new)

Mayim de Vries | 2948 comments In.

message 5: by Zaara (new)

Zaara | 4273 comments I'm deffo in but will be a week late, starting on the 18th. I own the bulky double-book paperback with the thick paper and its too hefty so I'm not packing it.

message 6: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments I have no time at all... but screw it, I'm in! :)

message 7: by Beste (new)

Beste | 1163 comments Another late one :(

message 8: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Starting a little early because I'm so slow :)
Trying to write down my thoughts as I go.

Chapter 1 - (view spoiler)

Chapter 2 - (view spoiler)

message 9: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Chapter 4 - (view spoiler)

Chapter 5 - (view spoiler)

Chapter 6 - (view spoiler)

message 10: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments What are you doing Siobhan?? 😱

message 11: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments What do you mean??

message 12: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I'm liking seeing your thoughts as you go. :)

message 13: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Your speedreading through this and Mistborn, I'm just a little baffled!

message 14: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments C.P. wrote: "I'm liking seeing your thoughts as you go. :)"

I'm hoping it'll help me remember more! :D

Those ones are from last night and this morning's driving! Haha.

message 15: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Anni wrote: "Your speedreading through this and Mistborn, I'm just a little baffled!"

The chapters are shorter on this one than the previous book! Those are just what I listened to in the car last night and this morning :)

I'm off work today so managed to finish Shadows of Self! Was at a funeral this morning, but taking full advantage of the rest of the day!

Maybe I need to get a life?

message 16: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Well I killed that conversation... 😂

I was only joking about needing to get a life, Anni! I know you weren't calling me a saddo really XD

message 17: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Haha, I don't even realised it could be understand that way! I thought that if you continue like this you would be done before I even started.

message 18: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Haha, nope I'll definitely be reading this one all month 😂

I'm liking this more than Rise of Empire so far though, so it's making me more inclined to listen to it. :) I hope that continues!

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments Starting this one probably today. Want to finish it before I start Age of Myth.

message 20: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Chapter 9 - (view spoiler)

Chapter 10 - (view spoiler)

I love that the chapters are shorter in this book! I seem to be able to get through a whole one before having to stop listening which is great. I never knew where I was with the last book.

message 21: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (last edited Jul 13, 2018 01:07AM) (new)

Timelord Iain | 18109 comments Mod
Siobhan wrote: "Starting a little early because I'm so slow :)
Trying to write down my thoughts as I go.
..."

Chapter 1: I liked this too...

Chapter 2: I was worried for a minute... (view spoiler)

Chapter 4: (view spoiler)

Chapter 6: (view spoiler)

message 22: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

Siobhan wrote: "Chapter 9 - [spoilers removed]

Chapter 10..."

Me neither...

I’m loving this book... couple chapters further, and I’m wondering who the Heir of Novron could be... (view spoiler)

message 23: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Chapter 13. (view spoiler)

Chapter 14 -(view spoiler)

Iain, I'm really wondering that too now! Someone popped into my mind as a possibility last night and I've completely forgot who I thought! (view spoiler)

message 24: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Starting tonight! :) I can't leave all the nice little spoilers unopened.

message 25: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Yayyy! I left little bite sized chunks of spoilers for you XD

message 26: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments I'm just happy to not be really behind for once! I know it won't last now Iain is here 😂

message 27: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I spoiled myself for the end of this series while reading, so I'm loving seeing all of the speculation here. It makes me happy for some strange reason.

message 28: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Ahhh you knowww! Tell us. No don't tell us. 😂

message 29: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Not telling anything. :p

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments I love that for once I'm at the same place as everyone else. In re to Siobhan's guess about the heir (view spoiler)

message 31: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "I love that for once I'm at the same place as everyone else. In re to Siobhan's guess about the heir [spoilers removed]"

I kinda hope it is!
Did you have any thoughts or ideas who it could be? :)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments Siobhan wrote: "Diana Stormblessed wrote: "I love that for once I'm at the same place as everyone else. In re to Siobhan's guess about the heir [spoilers removed]"

I kinda hope it is!
Did you have any thoughts o..."

I think your guess is most likely given that (view spoiler)

message 33: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Enjoy ! I love these books but love the chronicles just a bit more. If your haven't maybe try reading them after this is done.

The actual heir of novron is totally unexpected but suits perfectly!

message 34: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Diana Stormblessed wrote: "I love that for once I'm at the same place as everyone else. In re to Siobhan's guess about the heir [spoilers removed]"

I kinda hope it is!
Did you hav..."

Good points, Diana. I'm going to wrack my brain for who I thought of last night. I'm sure it was someone else! 😅

message 35: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Karishma wrote: "Enjoy ! I love these books but love the chronicles just a bit more. If your haven't maybe try reading them after this is done.

The actual heir of novron is totally unexpected but suits perfectly!"

Yes I will definitely try Chronicles after this! :)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments Karishma wrote: "Enjoy ! I love these books but love the chronicles just a bit more. If your haven't maybe try reading them after this is done.

The actual heir of novron is totally unexpected but suits perfectly!"

(view spoiler)

message 37: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments The Chronicles are quite excellent. I'm not sure that I like one more than the other, but I do love those.

message 38: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments @ Diana my lips are sealed.

message 39: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments @Siobhan :-):-)

message 40: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments I want to go all spoilery after seeing all of your discussions. I really wish I had read this in a BR.

Have any of you read The Legends of the first empire series yet?

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments I read the first 2 books. I'm reading book 3 next but I wanted to get this one done before reading that one.

message 42: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Yes, Karishma, I've read Legends of the First Empire.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments Just finished book 5. Question. (view spoiler)

message 44: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

@Diana: No idea

Book 5 end... (view spoiler)

message 45: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Annnnd I'm behind again 😂

message 46: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Siobhan wrote: "Annnnd I'm behind again 😂"

But I'm behind with yooou! 😜

message 47: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Haha we'll be OK then! I'll keep posting my little chapter updates 😅

message 48: by Andorion (new)

Andorion (ruineleint) Finished book 5 and am 16 chapters into book 6.

Thoughts on 5 (view spoiler)

Regarding 6 (view spoiler)

message 49: by Andorion (new)

Andorion (ruineleint) Finished. Absolutely loved it.

I knew who the Heir was the second (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments Iain wrote: "@Diana: No idea

Book 5 end... [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

« previous 1 3 4