Kindle Unlimited Reads discussion

AE: Mystery > The Girl Who Can Cook

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike Wehner | 3 comments The Girl Who Can Cook

Psychological / Romantic thriller about a guy who quits his job as an engineer to be a line cook in the restaurant of the women who killed his best friend years early. Equal parts dark and comic.

79k words, reads fast, there's a book within the book, plenty of food satire and a few ole' fashion poop jokes. Heavily explores grief and how we all carry the past differently. And one of the chapters is the weirdest (and tastiest) ramen recipe you'll ever find.

It's good. Really.

Mike

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 69 comments Hi, Mike,

I took a look at your book. I was curious about the cover. Based on that, I would never have thought that this was a Psychological / Romantic thriller. The cover suggests a satire or comedy.

message 3: by Mike (new)

Mike Wehner | 3 comments The cover is very suggestive of the tonality of the book, black comedy isn't really a bookstore genre. This was written to be the antithesis of the "girl" books to be honest. They generally ease you in, take you into the deepest water possible, and ease you out. I tried to do the exact opposite because I'd rather be clever than successful =P. It is a thriller though, atypical but it fits.

Mike