YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Immurement (Undergrounders, #1)
This topic is about Immurement
GROUP BUDDY READ > Immurement (Undergrounders #1) by Norma Hinkens - GBR - Starting June 29th 2018

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85693 comments Mod

The Sweepers are coming. The hunt for humankind begins.

The year is 2069. Sixteen-year-old Derry and her brother live in perpetual fear of capture. They survive underground on a post-apocalyptic earth overrun by gangs and clones, and hunted overhead by mysterious hoverships. When her brother goes missing, Derry’s only hope of finding him is to strike a deal with a group of cutthroat subversives. Desperate to save her only sibling, she leads a daring raid to uncover the secrets behind the Sweepers’ hoverships, but she soon finds out the world she knows is a lie.

Keeping her brother alive may require trusting her enemy and opening her heart to someone scarcely human.

Immurement is the first book in The Undergrounders Series, a sci-fi dystopian thriller trilogy with a gritty heroine and twists you won’t see coming!

Immurement (Undergrounders #1) by Norma Hinkens will be our 5th GBR for June 2018.

Please read at your own pace, and hide any spoilers ☺ You are welcome to join at any time during the month ☺

Happy Reading Everybody!

Pre-Reading Questions -

Anybody got any thoughts on this one before we start?

Has anyone read anything similar to this before?

Anybody read anything else by this author previously?

message 4: by Jenni (new)

Jenni (pinkxpaws) | 3 comments I am going to try reading this one next. I had never heard of it before but I love checking out random not well know (yet) books. I've found some of my favorites that way. Some aren't great but sometimes you find a gem! So I'm hoping this one is interesting.
I sent the sample of it to my kindle. I enjoyed reading the sample actually. Or at least as much as you can enjoy post apocalyptic/dystopian type books of course. I'm excited to do my first read of one of the GBR in the group. I will let yall know my thoughts