YA Story Sisters Book Club discussion

FREE copies of any of my books available for review!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori Allison | 14 comments I will provide a FREE copy of any of my three young adult/paranormal books in exchange for an honest review on Amazon and/or Goodreads! Respond to this post, email me at Lori@loriallisonauthor.com or contact me on my Facebook page, Lori Allison Author. I am always willing to exchange reviews for any of my fellow authors as well!

message 2: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael Hey Lori!

Would love to do a read/review swap, if you're interested. You can check out my book GUARDED WISH here on GoodReads, Amazon, or on my website: www.addisoncarmichael.com

Let me know, and good luck!
Addison Carmichael

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori Allison | 14 comments Addison, I would definitely be interested in reading and reviewing your book. Would you kindly provide me an email address so I can send you the first book in my series for your review?

message 4: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael You can email it at addisoncarmichaelbooks@gmail.com.

I'll go ahead and send you a pdf reviewer's version of GUARDED WISH. Hope you enjoy it!

Best Wishes,
Addison Carmichael

message 5: by M.J. (new)

M.J. Labrooy | 6 comments Hi Lori and Addison,
I would also be interested in doing a read/review swap with either or both of you. I can send a pdf reviewers copy of my YA story and would really appreciate an honest Amazon review. I would love to return the favour for both of you too, if you would like it. Please let me know and we can swap email addresses! Mel.

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori Allison | 14 comments Hi Mel! I would love to read your book and have you read mine! Please contact me at Lori@loriallisonauthor and we’ll make arrangements. Thanks!

message 7: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael M.J. wrote: "Hi Lori and Addison,
I would also be interested in doing a read/review swap with either or both of you. I can send a pdf reviewers copy of my YA story and would really appreciate an honest Amazon r..."

Just new to the biz and discovered that it's against Amazon's policy for authors to swap reviews. Which I also believe is double-standard, since every big PH book has its own stable of authors publicly reviewing each other's books. Someday the industry between PH and Indie authors will be leveled, but for now we are currently still eating at the unpopular kids' table.

message 8: by M.J. (new)

M.J. Labrooy | 6 comments Lori wrote: "Hi Mel! I would love to read your book and have you read mine! Please contact me at Lori@loriallisonauthor and we’ll make arrangements. Thanks!"

Hi Lori,
Take a look at Addison's latest post. Is it still ok for us to review each other's work and post an Amazon review? Please give me your thoughts. Mel

message 9: by M.J. (new)

M.J. Labrooy | 6 comments Addison wrote: "M.J. wrote: "Hi Lori and Addison,
I would also be interested in doing a read/review swap with either or both of you. I can send a pdf reviewers copy of my YA story and would really appreciate an ho..."

Addison wrote: "M.J. wrote: "Hi Lori and Addison,
I would also be interested in doing a read/review swap with either or both of you. I can send a pdf reviewers copy of my YA story and would really appreciate an ho..."

Addison wrote: "M.J. wrote: "Hi Lori and Addison,

Hi Addison, I sent a post to Lori above also. Like you, I want to abide by the Amazon rules. Where did you see the points about authors swapping read/reviews? Mel.

message 10: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael I'll have to look it up, and get back to you. I found out from other GoodReads groups that this is supposedly common knowledge. I read the GoodReads dos & don'ts, but didn't find any reference to this (although Amazon bought out GoodReads, so that may change).

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori Allison | 14 comments I read Amazon’s rules for reviewing. They say you cannot pay or otherwise compensate a reviewer. It says authors are allowed to review other authors. I didn’t see anything that specifically forbids review swaps.

M.J., I am purchasing a copy of your book and will read it over the weekend. I will then post an honest review.

message 12: by M.J. (new)

M.J. Labrooy | 6 comments Lori wrote: "I read Amazon’s rules for reviewing. They say you cannot pay or otherwise compensate a reviewer. It says authors are allowed to review other authors. I didn’t see anything that specifically forbids..."

Hi Lori,
I would love to do the same for your book. Could you please provide me with the Amazon link? I tried to send you an email, however kept receiving a message saying that the email was invalid. I'm really looking forward to your book as I love the YA paranormal genre. In fact, I'm in the middle of editing a trilogy with this very theme. Mel.

message 13: by M.J. (new)

M.J. Labrooy | 6 comments Addison wrote: "I'll have to look it up, and get back to you. I found out from other GoodReads groups that this is supposedly common knowledge. I read the GoodReads dos & don'ts, but didn't find any reference to t..."

Sounds good Addison, thanks for checking it out! Mel.

message 14: by Lori (new)

Lori Allison | 14 comments M.J. - Here you go. Thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/Toys-Attic-Spo...

message 15: by M.J. (new)

M.J. Labrooy | 6 comments Lori wrote: "M.J. - Here you go. Thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/Toys-Attic-Spo..."

Thanks Lori, all downloaded and ready to read! Will resurface with a review soon...
Mel.

message 16: by Isabell (new)

Isabell W. | 2 comments Lori wrote: "I will provide a FREE copy of any of my three young adult/paranormal books in exchange for an honest review on Amazon and/or Goodreads! Respond to this post, email me at Lori@loriallisonauthor.com ..."
Hi,
I love reviewing books! What's your book called and what's it about?

message 17: by Lori (last edited Jun 16, 2018 02:03PM) (new)

Lori Allison | 14 comments Hi Isabel - this series is about a small town in Texas and a group of teens who have encountered ghosts and hauntings there. The series starts with Toys in the Attic, a Spooky Lucas Mystery, Book 1. If you’re interested in reading it, contact me with your email address and I will provide you with a copy!

message 18: by Kaila (new)

Kaila Stevenson | 2 comments Oh heck yes, sign me up! :D

message 19: by Lori (new)

Lori Allison | 14 comments Hi Kaila! Contact me at Lori@loriallisonauthor.com with your email address and I will provide you with a kindle copy of my first book, Toys in the Attic. Thanks for your interest!