Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Owl Eyes: A Fairy Tale
This topic is about Owl Eyes
Book Issues > ISBN on Kindle Edition

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Molly (new)

Molly Lazer | 7 comments I was advised to post this here: there are two Kindle editions listed for Owl Eyes: A Fairy Tale. One has an ISBN number. Another librarian said that Kindle editions should only have AISN numbers, so could you delete the one with the ISBN? Thank you!

Also, the print version of the book has the ISBN but not the cover. Is it possible to get the cover to show up when someone clicks on the print edition? Thanks again.

message 2: by MrsJoseph *grouchy* (last edited May 24, 2018 08:06AM) (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments That's not really true.

Books can have an ASIN and an ISBN. When I search for your book on Amazon with that ISBN, I get your kindle edition.

The Amazon Kindle sales link works.

message 3: by rivka, Former Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45527 comments Mod
On Goodreads, Kindle editions should only have an ASIN. However, sometimes the ISBN associated with a Kindle edition has also been used to list the ebook on other sites. In that case, it should be listed, but with format ebook.

message 4: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments I changed the format on the edition with ISBN to ebook.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7175 comments Molly, I failed to mention in the awards thread that I added the cover to your paperback. There is a cache, or lapse, in that showing on the book page, but it is there and will show up eventually.

message 6: by Molly (new)

Molly Lazer | 7 comments Great. Thank you so much, Rivka, Olivia, and Elizabeth!