Hooray for Books and Reading discussion

Killg Eng: Strug for Amer In > 3. Do we have things that we should give up?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol  Jones-Campbell (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
Do we, as individuals, have things in our own lives that we should "give up" such as many of the Founding Fathers know that they should give up their slaves?

message 2: by Carol (last edited May 30, 2018 07:30PM) (new)

Carol  Jones-Campbell (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
Drugs, alcohol, men and women for inappropriate sex, inappropriate spending of money, betting, gambling, etc.

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments Pride, selfishness

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 522 comments Interesting question, because they might have known they SHOULD give up their slaves, but they didn't do it! I have lots of faults I know I should give up, but... The main thing I probably need to give up is my physical laziness. I love to sit and read so I rarely get up and get things done - like clean the house or exercise.

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather (shortblondreader) | 19 comments It's an interesting way to word that question....should we give up something? Well, the most valuable thing we have is time and I have a hard time giving some of that up. I admire that these men and women were able to give up time and energy for the greater cause.

message 6: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments Great thought Heather. I think time is one of the hardest things to sacrifice.

message 7: by Barb (new)

Barb (deckerbunch) | 227 comments If I didn't say I had vices I need to give up, I would be a total hypocrite. I would dare say everyone has character flaws to some degree. It's whether or not we recognize and try to change for the better that matters.