Hooray for Books and Reading discussion

Killg Eng: Strug for Amer In > 2. Which Founding Father do you most Identify with?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol  Jones-Campbell (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
Which of the Founding Fathers do you most identify with? Are any of them your own personal heroes? Why?

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol  Jones-Campbell (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
John and Abigail Adams are amazing. They spent so much time in France and did so much good for people of many cultures. When we cross the veil, they are some of the first two I want to meet and get to know. I really really really admire them. The sad part is that John wasn't revered as the best president. He was hurt in that area.

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments From this book Jefferson... I just want to be with my spouse and have babies. haha!

But my personal hero.... probably Washington still. He never sacrificed his morals, was true to what he believed in and sacrificed for it, had amazing success despite odds against him. And I just love how non power hungry he was. Found it so interesting that the only reason he look a salary as president was to set a precedent for those to come. He still had flaws, as we all do, but his character still makes him my hero.

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 522 comments I admire Washington most, but I probably IDENTIFY most with Jefferson. Not in his brilliance or anything, but in that I would certainly rather stay home than fight in a war!

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather (shortblondreader) | 19 comments I was really impressed with Washington! I don't know that I can say I truly identify with him but he was remarkable and ahead of his time!

message 6: by Barb (new)

Barb (deckerbunch) | 227 comments I guess I wouldn't say I "identify" with him, but George Washington has always been my personal hero. (We share the same birthday, so I always thought of him as "my" President.) He was an inspired man, and his vision was necessary for this country to succeed. I wonder what he thinks of the way things are going now>