Play Book Tag discussion

Into the Drowning Deep (Rolling in the Deep, #1)
This topic is about Into the Drowning Deep
Archive: Other Books > Into the Drowning Deep/Mira Grant/4.5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jamie Zaccaria | 219 comments I LOVED this book! It's the type of story Michael Crichton would tell but with an obvious female voice. The diversity in characters was amazing and the specifics behind the science/technology the perfect balance of enough and not too much. This is how you write about killer mermaids!

My only pet peeves would be that I felt there was too much explaining in some of the writing (have some confidence in your audience's intelligence) and the ending lacked enough of a bang.

That being said, it was a long book and I was sad when it was over. This will definitely be one of my favorite I've read this year.

Technically, I give it 4.5 stars but personal preference it's a full 5 STARS for me!

Cora (corareading) | 1457 comments I have this one sitting on my kindle waiting for a chance to fit a tag. I really like Seanan McGuire but haven't read anything she wrote as Mira Grant yet.

message 3: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Oooo...this book had me at Mariana Trench! I see that it is book one of a series, but do you think it could be read as a stand alone?

message 4: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Also, there is a local author out here whose books I stumbled across and you might enjoy them. It is a trilogy and the first is Waking the Merrow. They are just fast-faced, fun entertainment!

I do admit though that part of their appeal to me is that they are set in RI and weave in so many local places and history. So, they may not pack the same entertainment punch they did for me.

message 5: by Jamie (last edited May 24, 2018 12:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jamie Zaccaria | 219 comments Nicole R wrote: "Oooo...this book had me at Mariana Trench! I see that it is book one of a series, but do you think it could be read as a stand alone?"

So technically it's a sequel to a novella but you don't need to read that. So yes, you can go ahead and just read it as a standalone easily.