YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Roosevelt (F) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 138 (138 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited May 30, 2018 02:49AM) (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85696 comments Mod
Team Members -
Samantha ✔
Marya ✔
Vivi ✔
Nikki ✔
Laura ✔
Becky ✔
Meja
Amilia ✔
Tasheana
Alice ✔

Please let us know you are ready to go, by commenting here before June 1st ☺

Main Challenge thread - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Team Review thread - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Vivi (last edited May 24, 2018 09:56AM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Checking in :)

Here's Our Team's Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 3: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Checking in :)

message 4: by Amilia (new)

Amilia (andy484) | 56 comments Checking in!

message 5: by Amaryllis (new)

Amaryllis (amellin) | 207 comments Heya, checking in :)

message 6: by Amaryllis (new)

Amaryllis (amellin) | 207 comments Vivi wrote: "Checking in :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/..."

I put in some books I'm planning to read already, hope that's okay

Adding Tasheana to your team ☺

message 8: by Vivi (last edited May 25, 2018 02:53AM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Marya wrote: "Vivi wrote: "Checking in :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/..."

I put in some books I'm planning ..."

That's okay. I just reserved some spots for descriptions I think I can complete... not sure about which books yet.

message 9: by Amaryllis (new)

Amaryllis (amellin) | 207 comments @Vivi I saw that 😊 good that it's no problem that I put in my books! 😄

message 10: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments okay, so I put quite a few books in the SS... not very sure yet what I'll, really, be reading in June, but I have these options of books to complete the descriptions.

Still, I can move these books if anyone has a book they want to read that doesn't fit any other description... just let me know.

message 11: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 530 comments Checking in

message 12: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Heya Marya looks like we're in the same team again :)

Welcome to the team Tasheana and hey to the rest of you :)

message 13: by Amaryllis (new)

Amaryllis (amellin) | 207 comments Heya Nikki 🤗 glad you're here too!

message 14: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 530 comments Could someone add me for the vampire academy shadow kiss for the description of the main character begins with R
I don't no how to edit the spreadsheet sorry tia

message 15: by Vivi (last edited May 26, 2018 09:22AM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Becky wrote: "Could someone add me for the vampire academy shadow kiss for the description of the main character begins with R
I don't no how to edit the spreadsheet sorry tia"

Becky, maybe you're using your phone?! Because If you use a computer you can edit... you can use the link of our spreadsheet (above in message 2) and you can just add the book yourself...

I'm sure one of us can add the book for you, though :)

message 16: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 530 comments I think it may have worked and I am using my phone

message 17: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Adding Alice to your team ☺

message 18: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments I've had a nose through my current books and actually a lot of them fit descriptions so yay! Will only add a couple at a time though so I don't hog :) or get over ambitious

message 19: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 530 comments I've added two books to the spreadsheet I will add more once I have read the first two as don't wanna take on too much just in case any issues arise

message 20: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 530 comments Can I ask why there are different rounds included in the spreadsheet?

message 21: by Amaryllis (last edited May 27, 2018 06:16AM) (new)

Amaryllis (amellin) | 207 comments @Becky because it's possible to do the whole challenge more than once, if the team is fast

message 22: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 530 comments Thank you :)

message 23: by Vivi (last edited Jun 08, 2018 05:29AM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Finally settled on my books to read in June :) ... Will be reading 6 books:

Reckless (Enemies To Lovers #2) by Michelle Horst Shameless (Enemies To Lovers #5) by Michelle Horst Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks The Girl and Her Ren (The Ribbon Duet, #2) by Pepper Winters Been Here All Along by Sandy Hall The Wild One (Roswell High, #2) by Melinda Metz

message 24: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (zvagabond) | 29 comments I'm here

message 25: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (zvagabond) | 29 comments This is actually my first time doing anything interactive on goodreads, and I'm really excited but I'm also not sure how it works!!! If anyone cares to explain. Do we all just read independently and report back what we read??

message 26: by Alice (new)

Alice (simplisticalice) | 28 comments Hi all, checking in! 😄

message 27: by Vivi (last edited May 29, 2018 08:13AM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Samantha wrote: "This is actually my first time doing anything interactive on goodreads, and I'm really excited but I'm also not sure how it works!!! If anyone cares to explain. Do we all just read independently an..."

Welcome Samantha :)
This group's challenges are pretty fun! Hope you enjoy yourself here. :)

For now, you can plan what you wanna read, like what descriptions you will take/read a book for... and you can add tose books on our team's Spreadsheet in this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

you can just add the books you will read in june, so that other team members know what descriptions are left to take.

when June comes and you read one of your books, you just have to write a review (or add 4 detailed "reading progress" updates here on Goodreads, while you're reading) and, then, you have to post your review/reading updates in our Team's review thread (link above on message 1)

message 28: by Vivi (last edited May 29, 2018 08:08AM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Alice wrote: "Hi all, checking in! 😄"

Welcome Alice :)
What are you planning to read in June?

message 29: by Alice (last edited May 29, 2018 09:06AM) (new)

Alice (simplisticalice) | 28 comments Currently I’m planning on 6, but there are a few more I want to get through.

Dividing Eden (Dividing Eden, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau - female author (WY)
Hooked On A Feeling by Ainslie Paton - less than 100 ratings (WY)
Defy the Stars (Defy the Stars, #1) by Magan Vernon - stars on cover (CA)
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare - published in 2007 (CA)
Sugar by Deirdre Riordan Hall - first published in June (KY)
26 Kisses by Anna Michels - MC name begins with K (KY)

message 30: by Laura (new)

Laura | 6 comments Hi everybody! checking in! will probably will figure my books out tomorrow (hopefully) when I get on my computer.

@alice I read dividing eden I'd like to know what you think. other reviews didn't seem as positive as I think, but I think I just liked the brother's story a little too much or something

message 31: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 530 comments I can't wait to start my first book tomoz (in the UK) happy reading guys

message 32: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 530 comments Hi I have added 3 books to the spreadsheet so far I will add more upon completing these

message 33: by Amaryllis (new)

Amaryllis (amellin) | 207 comments Seems like this challenge will be a breeze 😆 we'll rock this!

message 34: by Laura (new)

Laura | 6 comments hey!! sorry I've been busy as in trouble remembering getting on a computer but not busy where I forget to read XD

I am currently reading willful machines by Tim Floreen for the Vermont "s" "a" "f" "e". I will add the details on Sunday with the rest of the books I plan on reading on sunday when I get off work at a more reasonable time

HAPPY READING EVERYBODY

message 35: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Hey all I shall begin reading tonight when my partner goes to work think I’m going to read Haunting Secrets by Marie Higgins or Tattoo Thief (Tattoo Thief, #1) by Heidi Joy Tretheway lol I can’t decide yet I’m sure I’ll pick up and begin reading one of them

message 36: by Meja (new)

Meja Lundström | 22 comments I completely forgot to check in with the groupchat, I hope it isn't too late!

message 37: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 530 comments Hi I have started 2 of the three books to start and plan to finish my first with the next few days

message 38: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments @Meja, welcome... What are you planning on reading?

message 39: by Meja (new)

Meja Lundström | 22 comments I have started A Court if Wings and Ruin and plan on finishing that in a few days. Then I want to read Perks of Being a Wallflower. Will hopefully get to another book since summer vacations start in less than two weeks :)

message 40: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Ive finished my first book :) Haunting Secrets by Marie Higgins reviewed and posted on the review thread and marked on spreadsheet

message 41: by Laura (new)

Laura | 6 comments hey guys I went to update the form on my computer however...I think my charger died to my computer. at least that's what I'm hoping happened because I just bought this one. my computer is dead so I can't get on it. HOPEFULLY it will be fixed soon because it's my computer and then I can update the doc.

for now, is someone able to update it for me? I plan on Virgina, Tennessee, and Texas:

ghosts: Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
vampires: Dracula by Bram Stoker
instrument on cover: This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab

if I finish any before the computer is fixed, I will let you know. if you wish for me to update the doc I can probably steal my dad's computer. let me know and I'm sorry ndjsjwckkdjwjw

message 42: by Vivi (last edited Jun 04, 2018 05:57AM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Laura wrote: "hey guys I went to update the form on my computer however...I think my charger died to my computer. at least that's what I'm hoping happened because I just bought this one. my computer is dead so I..."

Updated your books on our SS... Good Luck on fixing your computer, I hope it's something easy (and unexpensive) to fix.

message 43: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Laura wrote: "hey guys I went to update the form on my computer however...I think my charger died to my computer. at least that's what I'm hoping happened because I just bought this one. my computer is dead so I..."

Fingers crossed it’s a simple fix for you

message 44: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 530 comments Well done on finishing your first book

message 45: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 530 comments Hi I have added a book about vampires under the read a paranormal book tab I hope this counts as a paranormal book

message 46: by Meja (new)

Meja Lundström | 22 comments I have now added the two books I plan on reading :)

message 47: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Becky wrote: "Hi I have added a book about vampires under the read a paranormal book tab I hope this counts as a paranormal book"

It's tagged as paranormal by 1,254 users, so It should be fine :)

message 48: by Vivi (last edited Jun 04, 2018 09:05AM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Everyone, can you please mark in the SS, with yellow color the books you are currently reading? (Just so we know what everyone is reading).

And when you finish and post the review, can you change it to green, please?

message 49: by Amaryllis (new)

Amaryllis (amellin) | 207 comments @Vivi I definitely would, if I knew how..? 😅 sorry. could you explain to me how to do that?

message 50: by Vivi (last edited Jun 04, 2018 10:15AM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Marya wrote: "@Vivi I definitely would, if I knew how..? 😅 sorry. could you explain to me how to do that?"

that's okay... No problem... do you know how to change the color of the letter? on that big A above, in the SS?

On the right of the big A, there's a kind of diamond (the playing card naipe) thingy... if you click there you can change the color of the title (and the other) rectangles, in the SS.

sorry if it doesn't make much sense... I'm having a bit of a hard time explaining because my 1st language is Portuguese and my SS is in portuguese too :D ... so, it might not be the same?!

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.