YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Eisenhower (F) Chat

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited May 31, 2018 02:34PM) (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85740 comments Mod
Team Members -
Jesa Rachele
Susan ✔
Rachel
Kate ★
Katina ✔
Tammy ✔
Roselovestoread ✔
Julia ✔
Janor ✔
CallMeSensei
Maria

Please let us know you are ready to go, by commenting here before June 1st ☺

Main Challenge thread - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Team Review thread - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Katina (new)

Katina (kate_22) | 92 comments I'm so excited to start things off! It's going to be a challenging but June!

message 3: by Julia (new)

Julia Zhan | 28 comments I'm really excited too!!

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments I'm checking in. I was a terrible team player last month and I promise I will be better this month. Maybe it was just me but May's was kind of confusing and not enjoyable. I have been a participant for over a year and I did not like that challenge for May at all (it's the first one I have hated in over a year). I never knew what I was supposed to read and I was a mess. I am back in and can't wait for this challenge. This one sounds like fun and I am super excited again.

I was also dealing with my autistic son who was failing and was not going to graduate so I did have cram sessions with him and he did in fact graduate AND with pretty decent grades. It was a tough month and maybe that is why I felt the last challenge was not fun. I did have my hands full.

Adding Janor to your team ☺

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (candypie23) | 12 comments I’m checking in!!! I’m excited!!!

Adding CallMeSensei to your team ☺

message 8: by Janor (new)

Janor | 540 comments I'm checking in too! Hii everybody!

roselovestoread (rosemariekoh) I'm checking in! I'm really really new here so i may be abit confused >.< First time doing this

message 10: by Katina (last edited May 31, 2018 10:28AM) (new)

Katina (kate_22) | 92 comments I have a list of books I want to read in June so I'll post my list here later today. I just started looking for new authors to read this June that can match for the challenge.

I was wondering if you guys want me to make a Google Doc. I'll can add everyone's name on it once we're all checked in and we can post what we are reading on it for June. So we can cross of states quicker and be active for the buddy reads.

This is my 3rd group challenge so just let me know if you guys need any help. This one is a little different.

message 11: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team Eisenhower, I am adding Maria to your team ☺

message 12: by Raven (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments Hey team! Checking in :)

I already have my TBR for June picked out because I'm also doing a read-a-thon, but so far it looks like the books I have picked out can fit multiple categories.

I've made spreadsheets for these monthly challenges before so if you guys would be interested in something like that I could put one together tomorrow.

Super excited for this challenge. I think we'll have loads of fun! :)

message 13: by roselovestoread (new)

roselovestoread (rosemariekoh) Can one book be used for multiple categories?? Or we have to read one book for each?

message 14: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments roselovestoread wrote: "Can one book be used for multiple categories?? Or we have to read one book for each?"

Not part of your team but I saw the comment. One category per book.

message 15: by roselovestoread (new)

roselovestoread (rosemariekoh) Bookbuyer wrote: "roselovestoread wrote: "Can one book be used for multiple categories?? Or we have to read one book for each?"

Not part of your team but I saw the comment. One category per book."

So i've thought. okies!! thank you for replying!!(:

message 16: by CallMeSensei (new)

CallMeSensei | 611 comments Hi guys! Checking in.

I think a spreadsheet would be a really great idea--if one of you guys wants to make one :)

Currently reading The Brightsiders by Jen Wilde . And I'm planning to read a bunch of LGBT+ books for pride month!

message 17: by Katina (new)

Katina (kate_22) | 92 comments Maria wrote: "Hey team! Checking in :)

I already have my TBR for June picked out because I'm also doing a read-a-thon, but so far it looks like the books I have picked out can fit multiple categories.

I've ma..."

Maria if you want to do the spreadsheet that would be great!

message 18: by Raven (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments Here's the spreadsheet! :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

I threw my own TBR in there and I tried to fit them into the categories I thought would be harder to fill. I realize I have a lot of books though, so if anyone needs a category that I have a book marked down for, just let me know and we'll figure it out :)

message 19: by Katina (new)

Katina (kate_22) | 92 comments Maria wrote: "Here's the spreadsheet! :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

I threw my own TBR in there and I tried to fit them into the catego..."

Thanks Maria! This is great! I'll add my books soon as I get off work!

message 20: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments roselovestoread wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "roselovestoread wrote: "Can one book be used for multiple categories?? Or we have to read one book for each?"

Not part of your team but I saw the comment. One category per book."..."

NP. :)

message 21: by roselovestoread (new)

roselovestoread (rosemariekoh) I've added my books into the spreadsheet too!(:

I could try to do a buddy read for ash princess, the fandom, Red queen, six of crows too.

message 22: by Janor (new)

Janor | 540 comments Hey everyone! I'm almost finished with my first book and I'll take a look at that spreadsheet. I haven't really read through the challenge yet/looked at the categories yet, so I'll look at it now haha

message 23: by Katina (new)

Katina (kate_22) | 92 comments Hey guys reading my first book as well! If you guys want to do a buddy read on anything that’s great! Let’s just work out the date you want to start!

message 24: by Janor (new)

Janor | 540 comments Does anyone know a category for Scythe which isn't used yet? I couldn't find one myself

message 25: by Raven (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments Hey Janor, isn't one of the MCs called Rowan? You could use it for Rhode Island if that's the case- Read a book where the main characters name begins with "R"

message 26: by Raven (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments And on the subject of buddy reads, I don't know when in the month I'll get to some of them, so I can't really plan much in advance.

But I finished my first book and I'm hoping to get a review up before I go to bed :)

message 27: by Raven (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments Just to let you know, Rose. I moved Crown of Midnight from Wyoming to Wisconsin because I just saw that Julia posted a review using the category you had put it down for :/

message 28: by roselovestoread (new)

roselovestoread (rosemariekoh) Maria wrote: "Just to let you know, Rose. I moved Crown of Midnight from Wyoming to Wisconsin because I just saw that Julia posted a review using the category you had put it down for :/"

Alright thanks for informing me!!(:

message 29: by roselovestoread (new)

roselovestoread (rosemariekoh) I'm actually reading both city of bones and seven husband of evelyn hugo at the moment (cause one for travelling around between work) and one at night

message 30: by CallMeSensei (last edited Jun 04, 2018 06:03AM) (new)

CallMeSensei | 611 comments Finished The Brightsiders this weekend!

I've picked up Ship It by Britta Lundin & Before the Devil Breaks You (The Diviners, #3) by Libba Bray .

I think a lot of the books I've picked out will fit multiple challenges so I'm happy to slide mine in wherever we have an empty space.

message 31: by CallMeSensei (new)

CallMeSensei | 611 comments Okay, having trouble with Ship It....

It fits with "read a new book", "read a book with an MC whose name starts with 'C'", "read a LGBT book", "read a book by a female author", & "read a contemporary". But all of these are taken! Can anyone think of something else it works for? Or can move theirs to another category?

message 32: by Julia (new)

Julia Zhan | 28 comments hi guys,
I'm currently reading Anna And The French Kiss, but I can't find a category in which it fits..
There is one actually, but that one's already taken. should I just start another book or can I use that category?

message 33: by Raven (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments Hey Julia, I found an edition of Anna that has clouds on the cover so I put it down in New Mexico for you. :)
Here's the link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

And I found a category for Ship it Jordan (can I call you that? I saw it on the spreadsheet) There's a character with black hair on the cover so I put in down in New Jersey :)

Just let me know if there are more books I can help you guys fit into categories :)

message 34: by Julia (new)

Julia Zhan | 28 comments thank you Maria!

message 35: by CallMeSensei (new)

CallMeSensei | 611 comments Maria wrote: "Hey Julia, I found an edition of Anna that has clouds on the cover so I put it down in New Mexico for you. :)
Here's the link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1......"

Thanks Maria! I missed that, somehow. And yes, you can call me Jordan :)

message 36: by Raven (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments No problem guys, you're welcome :)

message 37: by Janor (new)

Janor | 540 comments Maria wrote: "Hey Janor, isn't one of the MCs called Rowan? You could use it for Rhode Island if that's the case- Read a book where the main characters name begins with "R""

Thank you!! I finished Scythe and It ends with us, so I'll try to submit them for a category right now.

message 38: by Janor (new)

Janor | 540 comments @Roselovestoread I just now see that you already started reading Children of Blood and Bone (it's on my To be read this month list as well) and was wondering if it's maybe still possible to do a buddy read?

message 39: by roselovestoread (new)

roselovestoread (rosemariekoh) Janor wrote: "@Roselovestoread I just now see that you already started reading Children of Blood and Bone (it's on my To be read this month list as well) and was wondering if it's maybe still possible to do a bu..."

Sure! When do you want to read? I havent start it actually. It's on my tbr list though

message 40: by Janor (new)

Janor | 540 comments I could start right now if you want! But maybe it's better if we do it a little later in the month from the group have the option to join in if they want to.. Does the 18th work for you?

message 41: by roselovestoread (new)

roselovestoread (rosemariekoh) Janor wrote: "I could start right now if you want! But maybe it's better if we do it a little later in the month from the group have the option to join in if they want to.. Does the 18th work for you?"

Yup 18 could work! I think we need to do a thread if we want to do a buddy read right?

message 42: by Janor (new)

Janor | 540 comments roselovestoread wrote: "Janor wrote: "I could start right now if you want! But maybe it's better if we do it a little later in the month from the group have the option to join in if they want to.. Does the 18th work for y..."

Great! I'll ask for it in the thread for Buddy Reads :)

message 43: by roselovestoread (new)

roselovestoread (rosemariekoh) Janor wrote: "roselovestoread wrote: "Janor wrote: "I could start right now if you want! But maybe it's better if we do it a little later in the month from the group have the option to join in if they want to.. ..."

Ok! Thank you (:

message 44: by Janor (new)

Janor | 540 comments Hey Julia!
I saw you in the spreadsheet that you were planning to read "The upside of unrequited" Would you like to do a buddy read? It's on my TBR as well :)

message 45: by Julia (new)

Julia Zhan | 28 comments hey Janor,
I would like to do a buddy read, but I don't think I'll be able to read the book at all this month. I'm gonna try though, which date did you have in mind?

message 46: by CallMeSensei (new)

CallMeSensei | 611 comments Hey guys, I DNFed Labyrinth Lost so I'm going to go ahead and take it off the spreadsheet :/

message 47: by CallMeSensei (new)

CallMeSensei | 611 comments Hey Maria, I hope you don't mind but I moved your The Raven King read to "book with an animal on the cover" so I could include The Accident Season (hoping to pick it up this weekend) :)

message 48: by Janor (new)

Janor | 540 comments Julia wrote: "hey Janor,
I would like to do a buddy read, but I don't think I'll be able to read the book at all this month. I'm gonna try though, which date did you have in mind?"

Oh you're right, I don't think I'll have time this month as well. Maybe next month?

message 49: by CallMeSensei (new)

CallMeSensei | 611 comments I did another move around to make room for The Star-Touched Queen (The Star-Touched Queen, #1) by Roshani Chokshi .

Susan, I moved An Enchantment of Ravens to "animal on the cover". And Katina, I moved Jackaby to "published in September".

Hope that's okay! :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.