Mystery Madness discussion

A Christmas Journey
This topic is about A Christmas Journey
Whodunits Book Club > 12/18 Whodunits Pick: A Christmas Journey by Anne Perry

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 335 comments Mod
For December we wanted to choose something short with a holiday theme and we picked A Christmas Journey by Anne Perry. It is book 1 in the Christmas Stories series which apparently features a character from her Thomas Pitt series. I have not yet read anything by Anne Perry, but am excited to try this series.
If you have read this book or any other books from this Christmas series, we would love to hear from you. If you want to read along and post a comment to be shared with the in real life book club, please post by Thursday Dec 13, 2pm EST.
A Christmas Journey

message 2: by Di (new) - rated it 2 stars

Di (disis19) | 732 comments Mod
I finished this one today. It was just ok for me. It was my first book by this author and I think most of my disappointment lies in the fact that I thought this was going to be a mystery, and it really wasn't. It's just not what I was expecting or the type of book I enjoy. Not sure if I will continue to read the rest of the stories in this series. Have you read any of the other Christmas Stories? If so, are they more mystery or are they like this one?

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 335 comments Mod
Sorry I forgot to come on here and comment about this book earlier in the month. I had similar feelings Di. I was disappointed that it wasn't a mystery. It did have an interesting story line, but it wasn't what I was hoping for. I have not read any others in this series, but I will probably try a few more that are on audio on Hoopla.

message 4: by Di (new) - rated it 2 stars

Di (disis19) | 732 comments Mod
Elizabeth wrote: "Sorry I forgot to come on here and comment about this book earlier in the month. I had similar feelings Di. I was disappointed that it wasn't a mystery. It did have an interesting story line, but i..."

I may try the next one in this series next year as it definitely sounds more like a mystery. Hopefully they'll still be on Hoopla then. Have you read any other books by Anne Perry? I'm thinking of maybe trying a full novel of hers.