Lauren Talley Fans discussion

Welcome To The Lauren Talley Fans Group

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Reader (new)

Reader (yourmomchoselife) | 6 comments Mod
Welcome to the group everyone. I've never started or ran a group before so I'm really new to this. I'm just such a fan of this artist I wanted to start this group. I am sharing her music through her videos and will continue to add videos. Let me know if any of you has any suggestions for the group because I have no experience running a group and could use some suggestions. Also feel free to let me know which of the songs I'm sharing through the videos you like the best. Everyone's feedback is welcome. Thanks for being a member.

message 2: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) What a wonderful idea for a group! I don't listen to new music anymore so I would appreciate learning more about current gospel/Christian artists.

What about the older gospel groups? Would anyone be interested in listening to the older songs as well? I loved Amy Grant during the 80's.

Thanks for inviting me to your group Reader :D

message 3: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) The Sound of Light: A History of Gospel and Christian Music

I recently bought this book but haven't had time to read it yet. Should have a lot of information on the history of gospel music.

message 4: by Reader (new)

Thanks for your comments, Laurie. The book you mentioned is by the same author as a book I read on Sandi Patty years ago, though they have misspelled his last name here on Goodreads. Sandi Patti: The Voice of Gospel. I was never an Amy Grant fan but I have always loved Sandi Patty. But Lauren is my favorite now.

message 5: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) When I was growing up in the 1960's there would be all night Gospel singing shows at the Memphis Coliseum - although at age eleven I usually fell asleep pretty soon. I did love The Happy Goodman's, Dottie Rambo and the 4 part harmony Gospel groups like The Blackwood Brothers.
I'm not real familiar with Sandi Patti though.

message 6: by Reader (new)

I noticed that this group has lost a member. I'm new to managing a group so I don't really know what I'm doing here. Please let me know if any of you have any suggestions for making the group better. Thanks.