The Never Ending TBR Book Club discussion

Fun and Games > Bookish Tags!

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Tellefsen (Rescues and Reads) (rescuesandreads) | 96 comments Mod
Alright, so typically book tags are done by BookTubers or Bookstagrammers, but I thought it might be fun to include some here so everyone can do them! I'll post the first one:

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
When I am at home, I typically read on my couch.

2. Bookmark or a random piece of paper?
Both! I have bookmarks that I will use when I have them or if they are readily available. However, if I find myself without a designated bookmark, I will use whatever is handy!

3. Can you stop reading at any point in time or do you have to stop at a certain point, page, chapter, etc.

I can usually stop reading at any point but I prefer to wait until I have reached the end of a chapter. If I am unable to because I am tired or I am interrupted, I will at least make sure I am done with the page or paragraph I was reading.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Not usually. I find that they distract me from reading,.

5. Can you read while listening to music or watching TV?
No! Unless it is ambient noise, I cannot listen to music or TV. It will absolutely break my concentration.

6. One book at a time, or several at once?
It honestly depends on my mood and the book I am reading. If I am reading a monstrous tome, I usually have an additional book to read that will give me a break and still allow me to read more. Or, if I have two books I really want to read, I may read them both at one time. I usually never have more than two going at once.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere! I do reading on my lunch break when I can. I usually bring a book if I know there is a possibility I may have some waiting to do or what have you.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
If reading for pleasure, I read silently. If I was reading for school, I would read out loud because I found it helped me retain more of the information.

9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
I won't usually skip pages, but if I am at a particularly tense portion of the story, and the author likes to drag out the scene with endless description or action, I may skip ahead a few paragraphs to see what actually happens.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Keeping it like new! I am such a book snob, you guys. I don't mind if the spines are slightly broken, but I won't buy a heavily used book where the spines are super cracked.

message 2: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (bookish_pineapple) I love questionnaires!!

Either the couch or my bed. Wherever the people aren’t. Lol

If I think about it, whatever is handy. But usually I fold the page. (I know-bad!) it’s habit at this point. I lose bookmarks :(

3. Can you stop reading at any point in time or do you have to stop at a certain point, page, chapter, etc.
I prefer to finish the chapter I’m in if not towards the end. If towards the end then I power through until done. I have been known to read until wee hours of morning.

Rarely I’ll go to a restaurant and sit alone and read while waiting on the food but usually I can’t eat and read at the same time.

Definitely! Usually it’s hard for me to read/focus if there isn’t some sort of noise going on. But if I’m super into the book then I don’t notice if there is or isn’t noise.

More than likely one at a time. I’ve done more than one at a time but it’s not ideal for me.

Everywhere if I can! I always keep a book In my purse in case I’m out somewhere and have the ability to read. Like waiting at the doctors or whatever.

Silently

Is it weird that I totally thought I was the only one who did this?!? Lol. If it’s a truly trying part of the story I can not get through I will skip or skim ahead. Or a monotonous scene of fighting or whatever.

Personally I don’t care. But I prefer to buy books that aren’t broken in. I like to break them in myself lol I know it’s weird

message 3: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | -263 comments Mod
Either on the couch or at my desk if I'm sprinting (I'm a big reading sprinter :p)

Bookmark

Can definitely stop at any point. I'm not one of those people who ever gets lost in a book. I'm always aware of my surroundings and although this sounds weird I actually don't like to spend my whole day reading unless I've planned a 24hr readathon. I have other hobbies to spent my time on not just reading, although I wish I didn't :p

Nope, when I eat I catch up on BookTube videos :p

If I'm in a loud environment, I prefer to put headphones in and turn on the music, but only if it's a song I'm used to. That way I only have the one noise rather than a million surrounding noises. But I can't read if the tv's on.

Honestly a lot at the same time :p I'm never reading just one. I've got the brain that'll contain millions of plots at once and keep track of where I'm at in each book. Even if I haven't read it for a month I can pick it back up and remember

Usually just at home, but if I've got an appointment or something and I know there'll be waiting, I'll take a book. I also try to read on my breaks at work when no one's distracting me. Sometimes I 'subtly' put my headphones in so they leave me alone.

If I'm alone, I read out loud. Don't ask me why, I just always have. I find it helps me imagine it easier, and I also read quicker out loud. That says something about the speed in which I talk :p If people are around though I'll obviously read in my head.

Honestly this is one of those things I cannot help doing! I read all of the words but sometimes if there's an intense scene I have to actually force my eyes to stay on my current line otherwise they'll scan ahead and find out the twist. It's also the reason why I either cover the next page with my hand if I have no bookmark, or if I do have a bookmark I'll cover what I haven't read yet to stop that habit because I hate it.

Definitely new. This is one reason I hate lending out my books. It's also why I prefer hardcovers. I was reading a fantasy at one point and I just wanted to see what it'd be like to break the spine as I went, and it actually hurt my soul. I can't stand doing it.

message 4: by Kadi (new)

Kadi P (kadi_p) | 10 comments 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
My bed. Seems to be the only place I can actually read a book. Everywhere else I just can't concentrate on it.

Neither! I never have a bookmark or piece of paper on me and I hate bending the pages. I usually just remember the page number and if I can't remember where I was when I come back to it it's a sign that I'm not that into the book.

If it's boring me I'll stop in the middle of the chapter or if I'm running late because I've been reading so long. I always try to stop at the end of the chapter but usually I'll trick myself with the "just 1 more chapter" phrase. 5 chapters later and it's like 3 in the morning and I'm regretting the decision but the books are always so good.

No! Now that I think about it I think it's just because I read in my bedroom and I don't eat in my bedroom. Plus I love food and books so they need my undivided attention and I got to focus on only one at a time.

No no no no. That's crazy haha! How can anyone concentrate? I like quiet when I read books so I can focus and be fully absorbed in the story.

Only one. I used to try 2 at a time when I was younger but I would always get the 2 storylines mixed up and it would confuse me. Now if I'm bored by a book I'll dnf it and come back to it later rather than starting a second book at the same time.

Reading anywhere but home just feels strange. Like I said I like quiet and everywhere you go it is not quiet so I'm so aware of my surroundings I can't enjoy the book.

Silently. I don't like hearing myself read out loud it's weird hahah! I read faster in my head anyway.

I'm one of those people whose eyes are automatically attracted to dialogue so even though I try really hard not to I sometimes skip descriptions between dialogue if I'm really interested to see who says what next.

KEEP IT NEW. Had to write that in capitals I feel so strongly about it hahahah! I'm such a weird person I will keep the book a tiny bit open when I read it because I don't like bending the spine at all.
Hahahah that reminds me of the only time I ever met an actual author (Markus Zusak) and when he was signing my copy of the book thief it was brand new and I told him not to bend the spine when he opened it. I swear he looked at me funny ahahahhah

message 5: by Maddie (new)

Yeah I always get anxious when I go to signings because they might crease it XD

message 6: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (bookish_pineapple) Figured I’d throw another book questionnaire in here! These can be addicting!

1. Do you get sick while reading in a car?
Ugh unfortunately I do! Which sucks because it would be perfect for me to do it. We drive 10-13 hours to Florida every summer for vacation.

2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Hands down Harry Potter. I am speechless as to why I should defend it?! Lol. I read Twilight series and didn’t hate it but it’s got nothing on Harry Potter.

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
Not at the moment. I stay home with babies right now so I don’t leave the house much. But I do have a book in my purse at all times :)

5. Do you smell your books?
Yes! Especially if they are from the library or brand new!

6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Without, I like to imagine my own illustrations :)

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Probably Twilight 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share! To be honest I don’t remember much from my early childhood :-/ too much going on for a little girl to deal with at the time

9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
Tiger Striped by Jennifer Ashley

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
It’s a small dream I’ve had since I was younger but probably won’t turn into anything. I get frustrated easily lol

12. When did you get into reading?
Honestly as long as I can remember I’ve loved reading and reading as much as I can. My mom has always been a big reader as well.

13. What is your favourite classic book?
Pride and Prejudice

14. In school what was your best subject?
English hands down lol

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Most likely give it away

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?

17. What is a bad habit you always do while reading?
Ignore the outside world 😂

18. What is your favorite word?

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Guess it depends who you ask.

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Used to be vampires but I’ve started liking Fairies or Fae lately

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Hmm good one. Guess it depends on the writing and storyline. I have t read much of Angels so I’ll go with shapeshifter.

22. Spirits or Werewolves? And why?
I love a good horror book with spirits but I like werewolves.

23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Zombies hands down!!!

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Oooh both is good.

25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action packed with love scenes

message 7: by Carly (new)

Carly W. (alderaanwords) | 19 comments Mod
HAHAHA Jordan, no points will be taken from your house for not providing sufficient details.

message 8: by Carly (new)

Almost always. Do I still do it? You bet.

I want to say Tolkien. I've only read The Hobbit but he's a pretty original guy.

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter. REASONS: Fred & George, HOGWARTS DUH, magical creatures (ahem, Buckbeak)

I carry a very large purse which I got specifically to haul books around.

Sometimes...

I like the chapter heading doodles.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Twilight but the books were still better than the movies.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not really... My Harry Potter books have tape residue on the spines because my brother and I used to play Library when we were young!

The Old Man and The Sea is what comes to mind.

I'm staring at The Goblet of Fire and it looks pretty massive.

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
One can dream but no. I don't have the time to sit down and write.

Since I was very small. I remember memorizing this children's book when my Grandma read it to me. Kind of cheating but a good way to start out haha.

Fahrenheit 451

English and various Business classes.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Probably keep it on my shelf...

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
If by that it means a middle grade/YA series?? I want to say Delirium by Lauren Oliver.

Eat...

I say "awful" a lot out loud but I also enjoy the odd curse word. I know they aren't creative but they pack a punch.

I'd say a mixture of all three.

Faeries. I think they are fascinating. However, I do enjoy vamp shows. Buffy, anyone?

I haven't read much with either beings.

Spirits. I'm actually not a huge fan of werewolves.

Vampires. Zombies remind me of 28 Days Later and that freaks me out.

Forbidden love. Love triangles frustrate me when someone won't choose a love!

25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Both... It depends on the genre kick I am on at the time.

message 9: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (bookish_pineapple) Carly- awe Fred and George. Looove them. My fave would have to be Snape though. Has been since I read the books and ran even deeper with the movies (love love love the actor)

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 10 comments Great idea :)

I usually lie on my bed... and then sit on my bed... then sitting on the floor while leaning on the bed...

I don't use bookmarks. I leave my finger on the page or remember the page number.

I like to stop at the end of a chapter (or at least at the end of the page) but if i have to get of the bus i've to stop anywhere :)

No, also what if stains get to the book?

Not while watching TV but i have to have listening to music :) I look for a song that seems to fit with the story and after finishing it, i always remember the story when hearing that song :)

Always try to read only 1 book at a time... doesn't always work out :)

I don't read so much at home. But i have a very long way to my work and home again and that's the perfect time to read for me :)

Silently in my head :) Imagine sitting on the train and me reading out loud some of the steamy scenes in YA books ;) - Yes, i look at you ACOMAF and ACOWAR!

I try not to... but sometimes my eyes skip to the end of the page on their own accord. Especially if it gets to the climax. :)

Keeping it like new! You can't hurt my kids! Always get anxious when i borrow someone one of my books.

11. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter! Never read Twilight (only saw the movies) but still i think it would be HP.
Reasons: Professor McGonagall, Hogwarts and magic doing my housework. :D

12. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?

13. Do you smell your books?
Everyone :) Like a crazy person :)

14. Books with or without little illustrations?
I don't mind illustrations. It's interesting to see how many people read the same book and imagine it differently.

15. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Hmm... my grandma secretly gave me a flashlight so i could read after bedtime and i'm pretty sure my parents knew it :)

16. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
Do Mangas count? otherwise it might be Beneath the Sugar Sky (Wayward Children, #3) by Seanan McGuire

17. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Not surprising: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix :)

18. When did you get into reading?
I loved reading as a child but stopped till Middle School but there we had to make a bookworm (like a caterpillar) and we would get a body part for every book we read. Mine was the longest :) Proud moment :D

19. What is your favourite classic book?
Probably "20000 Leagues Under the Sea " by Jules Verne :)

20. In school what was your best subject?
Mathematics... i know not very popular :)

21. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Maybe give it to someone else that might like it.

22. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
"The Children of the Red King (Charlie Bone)" or "Alcatraz" by Brandon Sanderson :)

23. What is a bad habit you always do while reading?
Missing my stop while reading on public transportation.

24. What is your favorite word?
Lullaby or Merry Go Round

25. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies! Vampires were everywhere for too long.

25. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels :) Because of the wings :)

26. Spirits or Werewolves? And why?
Spirits. Also too many werevolves.

27. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Vampires. Don't find Zombies interesting.

28. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden Love <3 Many Love Triangles are just annoying.

29. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Definitely action -packed with love scenes :) Don't really enjoy romance.

message 11: by Kadi (new)

Kadi P (kadi_p) | 10 comments Darn you Jordan another questionnaire! I love to answer these questionnaires they are really addicting yeah!

I actually don't although a lot of people do.

Hmmm. I have no idea. I find all author's writing styles are unique I guess.

Harry Potter. I'm waiting for someone to say Twilight so I can roast them hahahha

I don't carry a book bag no. I usually just read books on my phone because there's not many libraries where I live :((((

If they're new yes. I'm quite notorious for doing this and yes people do laugh at me when they find this out. I still do it tho haha

It depends really. Illustrations can be cute but it usually means it's for a younger audience. I don't like books that have pictures or drawings of the main character on the front if it's not accurate to the description of the character because I like to imagine what they look like myself.

None. If I like a book it's usually because it's written well or the plot is great.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Ummm it's not funny but it always makes me laugh. When I was like 13 I think I waited around 2 months for my grandparents to bring me the last Harry Potter book from England and a couple of days later I sat on it by accident and bent the whole back of the book in half. It's really not that funny I'm juts laughing at my stupidity ahhahah

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Last Battle. The book is tiny compared to the rest! I think it's just the small font size really.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. 700+ pages. A beast of a book.

I'd always love to be and I love to make stories in my head but boy writing is a lot harder than reading and really I'm too lazy for that hahah

Summer holiday after year 5. I was bored out of my mind with nothing to do so I read my sister's copy of the first Harry Potter book. Then I read the 4th book because that was the only other Harry Potter book and even though I was confused because I'd skipped 2 books I realised I really loved to read.

The Lord of the Flies by William Golding. Read it last year for school and wow so good. Not sure if it actually counts as a classic. I actually hate classic books so I'm surprised I have a genuine answer to this question.

Still in school so I can answer this very accurately. English definitely and History too. They're a pain but I love them. Also helps that I'm kinda good at them hahah

Depends who gave it to me. If it was a close friend then I would probably tell them I've already read it (in a nice way) and they'd probably want to swap it. If it was from someone that it would seem rude to say to them that I'd already read it I would probably keep it and then find a way to gift it to someone else hahha

The Accidental Hero (Jack Blank Adventure, #1) by Matt Myklusch it's kind of like Harry Potter in the sense that the protagonist of the book is a young boy who is singled out and is special but actually thinking about it the two books can be very dissimilar. Still I love both series and wow the Jack Blank series was great.

Reading in the dark and never knowing when to stop reading and sleep.

Fool. I wouldn't say it's my favourite word but I love to throw it at the end of a sentence in a playful way. People's reactions to it are always the best hahhaha.

Hmmm I'd say I'm a nerd to some extent. Definitely not a dork or a dweeb tho.

VAMPIRES. Big vampire fan. Not the Twilight kind uuuugh. The ruthless yet attractively dangerous beast kind. Just the whole teeth and fast moving and danger I love it. Watch the Young Dracula (from series 3 onwards) series to see what I mean. Or read Department Nineteen (Department Nineteen, #1) by Will Hill the whole series is insanely good and extremely underrated.

Shapeshifters are cool. Angels too. I haven't really read many books with either to be honest.

Neither. Well actually if the spirit is malevolent then sure but not like the friendly ghost kind. I haven't read any books with werewolves in I don't think

Vampires. See question 20 haha. I do like zombies too tho. Like the show iZombie LOVE THAT SHOW. Or the series The Enemy (The Enemy, #1) by Charlie Higson which is a great series.

Forbidden love! Love triangles employ immediate cringe almost all the time. I guess if it was done well I wouldn't mind it but I can't think of one example where it is done well.

I've only ever read a couple of full on romance books and luckily they were all good ones like Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes and Just Listen by Sarah Dessen but usually I don't like full on romance. Action-packed with a few love scenes like Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu are great yes.

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 10 comments I really like the "Department 19" series 😁

message 13: by Kadi (new)

Kadi P (kadi_p) | 10 comments Lisa wrote: "I really like the "Department 19" series 😁"

Yessss girl! It was so great. the last book was the longest I've ever read in my whole life. I'd love to reread the series (and I hate rereading stuff that's how much I love the series) but I never have the time :(

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 10 comments Right? 😁 You get action, history, little romance, a secret organisation and great vampires (who dont sparkle) 😁 and Frankensteins Monster 😍 i already reread the series 😊 but i like the German covers more than the English ones.

message 15: by Kadi (new)

Kadi P (kadi_p) | 10 comments Lisa wrote: "Right? 😁 You get action, history, little romance, a secret organisation and great vampires (who dont sparkle) 😁 and Frankensteins Monster 😍 i already reread the series 😊 but i like the German cover..."

Yeeeeesss you are so right and I just want to reread the books now! Have you heard about his latest book After the Fire by Will Hill I really want to read it! All his books have high ratings like incredibly high because he's such a good author.

message 16: by Maddie (new)

I've read the first one but need to re read xD I remember it being amazing

message 17: by Kadi (last edited May 26, 2018 09:31AM) (new)

Kadi P (kadi_p) | 10 comments Maddison wrote: "I've read the first one but need to re read xD I remember it being amazing"

It's so good you'll love it! We should BR it!

message 18: by Evie (new)

Evie Hughes (eviehughes) | 5 comments 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Couch or in bed.

Both. I have a couple bookmarks I like but since I usually read more than one book at a time (and sometimes I start reading them in random places) I end up using little scraps of paper for bookmarks as well.

I prefer to stop at the end of a chapter but since I also tend to read until the last possible moment sometimes I am forced to stop in between chapters as well.

Not usually. But if I do its coffee or tea.

No. It makes me really pissy. "Silence everyone!" she says in her booming stage show voice. "Reading has commenced!"

Several. Always several. And by several that can mean six. That is not to say that sometimes I pick up a book that I fly through without going back to the others but some books are intense and I need a break or maybe they sag and I get distracted (squirrel!).

EVERYWHERE!

Silently.

Never!

Oh, god, breaking the spine that first time is a love/hate phenomenon. I love the sound of it (and the smell of a new book as well) but then its done and I'm sad.

message 19: by Charley Girl (new)

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | -4 comments LOL It is like a Facebook post!

No, I read all over.

Anything that is there is my book mark.

I stop when my mind starts to drift or I fall asleep. :)

Sometimes. Coffee, water, wine....all good reading companions.

Nope, classical music yes but that is rare.

I used to be a one book at a time girl. Now I have numerous going at once because my mood changes so I read different types of books to match my mood.

I read everywhere. Audio in the car, on my phone while I'm waiting for something, kindle in bed, book outside.

Silently unless for some reason someone wants me to read to them.

Nope, no skipping pages for me.

Breaking spines is just mean.

message 20: by Charley Girl (new)

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | -4 comments Another one? YAY!

Yes, so I listen to audio books. Drives the passengers a bit crazy.

Hmm...I don't know if it is unique or not but I really like Stephen King's writing. He is quite insightful and he always pulls me in.

Harry Potter. 1-I love an underdog, 2- ah, the Weasley family! 3-Who doesn't like floating food being served?

I have a book bag that has my library book/items and my library card.

Doesn't everyone?

I'd rather picture it in my head, unless it is a non-fiction then I like pictures, but I guess those aren't illustrations.

Say you're sorry.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood?
Hmmm...when I was little my older brother and I got in an argument and I said I was going to take all of his stuff and started writing my name on all of his things. Of course I used permanent marker. I guess it made him mad because he started to do it too. I have childhood book now that have "Mark" written in them. Makes me smile every time I see it.

A Moment to Reflect - I have choices

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Oh I write and then later read it. It isn't good.

Since my Mom started reading to me at bedtime.

Tale of Two Cities

English, of course!

Thank them and give it another try.

Wool, maybe. Best I could come up with.

Put of other things I'm supposed to do.

Flabbergast

I was a closet nerd when I was younger.

I like vampires when they weren't everywhere. I haven't gotten into fairies. Maybe I will in this book club.

Ahhh...I don't even know how to answer this question.

I haven't read any books with either.

Hmmm..I like the old zombie movies. I can't take the Walking Dead anymore. I liked Anne Rice's vampires. I guess I have to go with vampires.

LOL! Forbidden love.

Action packed with love scenes

message 21: by Maddie (new)

Kadi wrote: "Maddison wrote: "I've read the first one but need to re read xD I remember it being amazing"

It's so good you'll love it! We should BR it!"

It's not very high on my priority list right now :/ Too many other books to read

message 22: by Kadi (new)

Kadi P (kadi_p) | 10 comments Maddison wrote: "Kadi wrote: "Maddison wrote: "I've read the first one but need to re read xD I remember it being amazing"

It's so good you'll love it! We should BR it!"

It's not very high on my priority list rig..."

😭😭I feel you though. There are at least 4 books on my TBR list that I desperately want to read right now but nope got mock exams this week and next week. And after that deadlines for everything and then I have to give my soul to them. Over exaggeration but that's what IB makes you feel like😂

message 23: by Maddie (new)

I know right :/

I have my test next Tuesday and then 3 weeks until finals

message 24: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 10 comments this march i finally had my finals and found a job but i still dont have enough time to read the boojs i want 😭

message 25: by Maddie (new)

I knooow XD There's always something. That's why I'm really looking forward to my week off from uni and from work the first week of June. I'm going to get a book a day read. I'm hoping I don't even have to leave the house much XD

message 26: by Marcela (new)

Marcela Sotelo (issisotelo) | 4 comments I love this,

Nope. I like to read wherever I feel comfortable at the moment.

I have bookmarks, but I usually forget to use them. I use whatever I have close.

I can but don't like to. I prefer stop reading at the end of a chapter to don't get lost in the story.

If I want to, yes.

I cannot read while watching TV! Music doesn't distract me.

It depends. I like to read one at a time, but sometimes I read two or more at once.

Everywhere at any time. If I want to read I just do it.

Both! It depends of the story, if it's getting me bored or can't concentrate I read out loud.

I wouldn't say I've never done that but it's a daily thing.

Don't know!

message 27: by Carly (new)

Jordan wrote: "Carly- awe Fred and George. Looove them. My fave would have to be Snape though. Has been since I read the books and ran even deeper with the movies (love love love the actor)"
I have heard people love him but I haven't felt that way yet. I do feel sorry for him because I remember some things that happened when I watched some of the movies YEARS AGO. Really good actor too.

message 28: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett can i do this tag as a book video on youtube I am a booktuber

message 29: by Maddie (new)

For sure Tammie! You can link your channel here too if you want.

message 31: by Maddie (new)

Sweet I'll check it out later tonight!

message 32: by Mary (new)

Mary (meye) 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I usually read in bed.

Bookmarks, paperclips, random pieces of paper - in order to avoid folding random pages from the book, everything works fine for me.

I can't leave the book if I don't finish the chapter that I'm reading. A 'bad' habit, I guess.

No, but I used to.

I can, but I rather prefer not to. I like to enjoy my book to the max.
Music is fine, as long as it's ambient.

I never learned how to read one book at a time.

Everywhere, of course. My Kindle keeps me company everywhere I go.

It depends on the story, I guess.

I don't like skipping pages.

I'm pretty careful with my books, I try to keep them like new as much as I can.

message 33: by Riley (new)

Riley | 3 comments 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
It depends on my mood. Sometimes I'll pace my bedroom while reading (And by sometimes I mean so often that when a guy came to clean the carpets, he could tell exactly where I always turn to walk back the other way). Other times I read in bed, on the deck... anywhere, really.

If it's a hardback book, I use the dust jacket to mark my place; if it's a paperback book, I dog tag the top corner.

I can pretty much stop at any point, but I prefer to stop at the end of the page so that it is easier to pick back up and find where I was.

I usually read during lunch at school, as I don't really have much time otherwise during the school year, so yes. Definitely.

I can't read while watching television, but I can usually listen to quiet music while reading, so long as the book is immersive and engaging.

I usually read multiple at once, unless there is a book that I am really in the mood for and just can't put down, in which case I'll just read that book.

Everywhere! I love reading at the beach on vacation, at school during the school year, in the car on long drives... everywhere.

I LOVE to read out loud. Usually, every time I start a new book, I read the first few chapters out loud to kind of get a feel for the style and each of the characters. I sometimes read out loud later on in books when I'm at home and just in the mood to do so.

I don't recall ever skipping ahead or looking up the outcome of a book. I like the tension I feel when I don't know what is going to happen and have never felt the urge to dissipate it prematurely.

I usually just crack the spine. It's too much effort to try and keep a book looking nice and new and it's not worth it for me. My philosophy is that, as long as you can read all the words in the book, there's nothing wrong with it.

message 34: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sophboff) 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I love reading in bed, right before I go to sleep. But if I'm listening to an audiobook, I love to be outside running, or getting stuff done-- which is what I love about audiobooks, I can multitask, which I absolutely love to do.

I don't recall the last time I used a bookmark, although I do have loads of them. I guess I'm too lazy to actually go FIND a bookmark, and would prefer to use a kleenex or some other piece of junk in comparison to having to go find a bookmark.

I always have to stop at the end of a chapter.

Hmmm... not usually, I don't think. I get too distracted.

Listening to music, yes, and I love doing that. However, watching the TV while reading just doesn't work for me.

Several at once, although usually they're two completely different kinds of books: for instance, I'll have a light little graphic novel handy while reading a larger, more difficult book.

Mostly at home. I used to be able to read in cars but now I get carsick, and when I'm out and about I'm usually with other people and feel rude if I take out a book from my purse and start reading (although I usually really want to. A lot of the time I'm more of a book person than a people person).

I read silently unless I'm home alone. Then I love to shout out the words to the book and take on weird accents for the characters and stuff. I feel like being an audiobook narrator would be so much fun. Future career idea, maybe???

No. Never. But I will read super fast and kinda "skim" over words if I'm in a slow part of a book. It's the only thing that gets me through, sometimes.

I'm not much of a book snob, but I do like keeping my books looking slightly new. I don't ever purposefully crack the spine unless I feel the need to.

message 35: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (booksare42) 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I usually read on my bed at home.

Bookmarks! I've collected so many over the past year, so it feels irresponsible not to use them.

I always end at the end of the chapter!

I usually drink tea while reading.

Nope, I get way too distracted.

One book at a time.

Mostly at home, but that's because my commute is too short for reading and I spend most of my time at home anyways.

Silently.

Nope, I've done this before and it ended up spoiling a major plot point, so I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Keeping it like new, cracked spines make me sad.

message 36: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Reads Books (chloee_matthews) Ooh this is fun - here's my answers!

Typically I lie on my bed, when my boyfriend is also home. If he's not, I lounge across the sofa.

I'd love to have some nice bookmarks, but I seem to only have some rubbish paper ones where using a random bit of paper might actually look better! I do want to get more bookmarks.

I can stop reading at any time - I only like to have atleast finished the page so I'm turning onto a new two-page spread (if that makes sense!)

I've always got a cup of tea on the go.

I don't think I could keep my concentration watching TV, and I like a bit of background noise from music, but usually just read in silence.

I like to only read one book at a time; sometimes I have a physical book and then one downloaded as an eBook from my library app that I can read on my phone when I don't have a book to hand.

I will read literally anywhere. I normally read at home but I've found myself reading while walking to work before!

I've tried to read out loud sometimes but I usually get embarrassed by my own voice! So usually I just read silently in my head.

I would never read ahead just to see what happens - if there's a particularly tense section I will read literally every word to immerse myself fully. But I have been known to skim read pages if I'm not enjoying a book and just want to get to a more exciting part.

It doesn't bother me at all. I think it's nice to look at a perfect new spine, and I wouldn't intentionally break the spine... but if I've read it and it looks read, then that's no problem to me!

message 37: by GreenFairy (new)

GreenFairy (greenfairy429) | -42 comments 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Wherever I am currently sitting.

When I read physical books, a bookmark.

I prefer stopping after finishing a chapter. If I cannot, next choice is scene break. Then page, finally paragraph.

Both. But it's gotta be something easy that I don't need to take my eyes off the book for.

As background noise only. Unless I'm working. Then I have to have music.

Usually only one at a time. At most, 3. Not counting work.

I take my kindle to family get-togethers...

silently in my head.

Endless descriptions, or if there are a lot of sex scenes

Keeping it like new! The only physical books that I have are autographed. And I won't read them. I'll buy the ebook and read that.

message 38: by GreenFairy (new)

GreenFairy (greenfairy429) | -42 comments 1. Do you get sick while reading in a car?
Once in awhile. But not very often.

None. Between all the books I have read and books I've edited, I think I covered most, if not all, styles.

Neither.

Not exactly. I have a little bag that's big enough to carry my kindle, my phone, the medications I'm taking. And usually chargers...since my kindle and phone have two different plugs.

No

No illustrations. Unless they are an appendix.

None that I can think of.

Nothing funny. Annoyance to family...I didn't socialize...I would read.

Sampler of 1st chapters by K.C. Wells

The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe

I write for enjoyment. I would love to be a published author. But I enjoy the editing aspect too much to dedicate time to writing. I have the bulk of a series written.

For as long as I can remember.

12 Angry Men

English and Math

I would smack the gift giver because I always get asked, "What books do you want?"

No clue... Didn't read either.

React to the book...because no one gets it.

Are we supposed to have one?

Nerd

It depends on how they are written.

See previous answer

Spirits.

Vampires

Forbidden Love. Love Triangles annoy the hell out of me.

Depends on my mood.

message 39: by Lee (last edited Aug 15, 2018 12:03PM) (new)

Lee 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Typically my bed.

Bookmarks! If I'm in a pinch I'll use a random piece of paper, but I prefer bookmarks.

I can stop reading at any point, but I'll typically finish the page I'm on. However, I definitely prefer to finish a chapter or at least get to a time jump sorta thing before I stop reading.

Not typically.

Noooo. If it's white noise I can and that's only a sometimes thing. I can get distracted by that too. If the TV is on in the background it needs to be something I've seen a bazillion times for me to be able to tune it out.

I'm more of a one book at a time person, but with physical copies and audiobooks and ebooks I might slowly be turning into a multiple book person for those different times and such.

I prefer reading at home, but I will definitely read everywhere.

I prefer to read silently unless I get real confused by something then I will read it aloud just so I can hear it outloud and understand whatever I was missing

I know some people can read ahead and skip pages and such, but I'm not one of those people. I have to read everything.

Keeping it like new!! Hearing the spine crack honestly makes me feel like I'm injuring the book and hurting it because apparently I'm five and think everything has feelings. 🤷

message 40: by Lee (new)

Lee 1. Do you get sick while reading in a car?
Yessssss. 😩 It's the worsssttt.

I'm not entirely sure. I'm really horrible at picking up on an author's writing style.

Harry Potter.
1. It's not about vampires.
2. It doesn't have super flat characters that make me cringe.
3. It didn't inspire 50 Shades of Grey.

I don't. But, I carry my Kindle in my purse.

Honestly... sometimes. This happens with library books more than anything because I got one that smelled so strongly of cigarettes that I couldn't finish it.

There is nothing wrong with a book that has a few little illustrations every once in a while. Or the Harry Potter ones. Now Percy Jackson is coming out with one too and that sounds utterly beautiful and marvelous. I just love art.

Twilight. 😂 Gotta love those teen years.

Hmmm none that I can think of.

Maybe Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them? Or Mice and Men. I'm not sure which is shorter. I may have shorter ones.

Les Miserables

I do write for fun. I've dabbled with the thought of being an author, but I currently don't have any ideas as for what a book would be about.

I've been into reading for as long as I can remember.

Tuck Everlasting? Mice and Men? I'm not sure.

Math

Well usually I get asked what book I want so I don't think this would be a problem. And I think my friends know me well enough to know mainly because I will rant about it if I don't like it. But, I'd probably find someone to trade with.

Ummmm The Red Queen gave me Hunger Game vibes? But I think that is a fairly big series.

I pick at my lips or skin.

I don't have a clue.

I feel old... is there a difference?

Probably fairies? Just because Twilight definitely killed vampires for me and then The Vampire Diary books didn't help me out either. But, someone give me a vampire book to convince me otherwise.

Hmmm I don't know. I guess it's going to depend on how they are written.

Same answer as before.

Oh gosh. I don't know. I'm over both of them, but maybe zombies.

Forbidden Love. Love triangles are one way to get me to roll my eyes and hate characters.

Action-packed with a few love scenes. I'm slowly becoming convinced that I don't have a romantic bone in my body.