Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Seeking Free Beta Reader or Swap

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arlen (new)

Arlen O'Connor | 7 comments Hello! I am seeking a Beta Reader for my newest novel which is a contemporary crime drama. I'm currently at approximately 40,000 words. Message me if interested and I can share details. Thanks in advance for any help!

message 2: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1167 comments Care to share a blurb?

message 3: by Arlen (new)

Arlen O'Connor | 7 comments Here's what I have:

To what lengths would you go to win back the love of your life?

Five years after Nate Benjamin's fiancee ran off with his best friend, she reappears in his life begging for help. Her estranged husband has gotten himself into deep trouble with the law as well as a ruthless drug cartel. An unfortunate traffic accident has left him trapped between prison and death, with nowhere safe to turn and Nate his only hope for salvation.

Practical, straight-laced attorney Nate knows he should run as quickly as he can away from this mess, but his heart pulls him in the opposite direction. Unable to throw off the love and desire that has defined his life for five years, he takes to the road with his former flame to rescue his old friend, dodging criminals and corrupt law enforcement officials hell bent on stopping them. Along the way, Nate will ultimately decide whether his passion and healing the wounds of the past are worth a journey that could destroy his reputation, his career and his life.

message 4: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1167 comments Sounds more like a romance.

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark | 10 comments Hi Arlene,

I am interested in a swap. I want your brutal critique of my 47k word WWI adventure/romance. Regarding our subject matter - The similarities are uncanny despite being 100 years apart:

1914 - Practical, straight-laced doctor Pierre knows he should run as quickly as he can away from this mess, but his heart pulls him in the opposite direction. Unable to throw off the love and desire that has defined his life for three years, he returns to the front lines to rescue his old friend, dodging criminals and corrupt law enforcement officials hell bent on stopping him.

Seriously - it sounds mutually beneficial. I am on east coast USA mchandeysson at gmail

message 6: by Arlen (new)

Arlen O'Connor | 7 comments Keith wrote: "Sounds more like a romance."

There is definitely a love story front and center, but the arc of the novel follows the chase of Ryan by police and drug lords so it actually becomes more of a crime thriller. However, if you don't enjoy a strong element of romance, this novel is not for you.