YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Nixon (F) chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 103 (103 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Slytherpuff (last edited Jun 02, 2018 12:25PM) (new)

Slytherpuff Team Nixon
Haley ✔
Jaguane ✔
Palina ✔
Gabi ✔
Apoorvha ✔
Brooke ✔
Lucy
Ariana
Slytherpuff ✔
Lisa ✔

Team Review Thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Team Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 2: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4975 comments here :)

message 3: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Here! And hellooooo, fellow teammates! Nice to meet you all!

message 4: by palina (new)

palina | 19 comments hiya!!

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85698 comments Mod
Adding Lisa to your team ☺

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments Checking in :) Very late but thanks for having me :)

message 7: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff I don’t even know how to check people off

message 8: by Lisa (last edited May 25, 2018 04:07AM) (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments You click on edit (under the first post) and you could put this mark next to the name ✔
Hope that helps :)

message 9: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff How do you put the mark? Also, what should we
Do for the spreadsheet? I’m on the app so I baby Edit right now

message 10: by Lisa (last edited May 25, 2018 04:20AM) (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments you should be able to edit the post on the top with our names.
just copy ✔ (mark it with your mouse) and paste it next to the name and click on "edit comment" again.

message 11: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Thank you. Can someone else do the spreadsheet. I’m thinking we can make a copy of another teams.

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments whats a Spreadsheet?

message 13: by Gabi (last edited May 25, 2018 12:41PM) (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Lisa wrote: "whats a Spreadsheet?"

Slytherpuff wrote: "Thank you. Can someone else do the spreadsheet. I’m thinking we can make a copy of another teams."

Welcome to the team, Lisa! A spreadsheet is a document that helps us keep track of our reading challenge! Super helpful.

This is my first time making a spreadsheet (not amazing at computers but working on it!). Let's see if I got this right!

Link to team spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 14: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Aw darn!! Fail!! Didn't seem to work for me. For some reason it just takes me to the Goodreads home page. Same for you guys?

message 15: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Hold on!!! I think I fixed the problem! Lol so sorry for being so technologically inept! Does the link work for you guys?

If it does, then big thanks and credit to Natalie for making the master copy and Clephiro for sharing it!

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments the link works for me! thank you and thanks for the explaination 😁

message 17: by Haley (new)

Haley Yoesting 🌻 (haleyyoesting) | 2 comments Hi guys 💜 I’m excited to give this a shot.

message 18: by Apoorvha (new)

Apoorvha | 3 comments Hey guys! Im so excited to do this!

message 19: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments No problem, Lisa! And let me be the first to say welcome to the team, Haley and Apoorvha!!! I'm so excited!

When the challenge starts, I was thinking about taking the first description for North Carolina, "read a book with blood on the cover", for my book War Storm (I'm kind of afraid to read it because it's the last one but I am SO EXCITED) :D

message 20: by Brooke (last edited May 28, 2018 01:00AM) (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4975 comments I can get Iowa's First published in September: The Gender Game

And Florida's Sunglasses on cover: Digging In by Loretta Nyhan

And Vermont's Main character with a "V": Crystal Crowned

And New Jersey's Black hair on cover: The Plastic Magician (The Paper Magician, #4) by Charlie N. Holmberg

message 21: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments I can read:

New York: Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi - a family member in the title (just chicking with Sarah if the CHILDREN count)

Kansas: Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood, #2) by Becky Albertalli . LGBT themed

i don't have anything else planned yet but i'm sure i'll find something :)

Feel free to join me for the books :)

message 22: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Im definetely reading Love and Gelato. We may have a Twilight serles buddy read

message 23: by palina (new)

palina | 19 comments I'm planning to read Love and Gelato too! We can buddy read that

message 24: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Awesome. I was looking at other team threads and found that a BR is already set up

message 25: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff I’ll attach the spreadsheet when I get a chance

message 26: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff I hope it was okay I started adding books. I also plan on reading the Firm and Carousel Beach

message 27: by Jaguane (new)

Jaguane | 112 comments Hello, checking in finally. ☺️

message 28: by Jaguane (new)

Jaguane | 112 comments Also it appears that each of us in the group picks which state to cover so I can start with Hawaii if thats alright

message 29: by Jaguane (new)

Jaguane | 112 comments And Georgia

message 30: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Jaguane wrote: "Also it appears that each of us in the group picks which state to cover so I can start with Hawaii if thats alright"

Hey, Jaguane! Welcome to the team! As far as I know, each state comes with two challenges, so more than one person can do a state, unless that person decides to do both the state's challenges. Just wanted to let you know so you don't feel like you have to do both challenges if you don't want to! :)

message 31: by Jaguane (new)

Jaguane | 112 comments Lisa if I am between books I had been planning on trying to read children of blood and bone sometime soon so if you know when your starting it I can br it with you if thats ok.

message 32: by Jaguane (new)

Jaguane | 112 comments Oh Gabi i just meant one book for each state btw haha

message 33: by Jaguane (new)

Jaguane | 112 comments Accidently deleted the comment that said thank you for clarifying for me Gabi and I started I am number four so I can cover first book in a series for Delaware.

message 34: by John (new)

John Serugo | 1 comments Greetings. I want someone to read my book Emersonia, spirit and body take flight on amazon.com. Humans leave earth and make a home on Venus then on Mars. Would love to hear what everyone here thinks of the book.

message 35: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff I’m finishing up my last book for page points

message 36: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments It is June and the challenge has begun! WOO! Let's do this!!!

I was thinking about taking Nebraska's second challenge, "read a contemporary novel". Has anyone taken that one yet? Wanted to make sure before I added it to the spreadsheet!

message 37: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Jaguane wrote: "Oh Gabi i just meant one book for each state btw haha"

Sounds good! I wanted to make sure, because I got confused a few times in the last challenge!

message 38: by Jaguane (new)

Jaguane | 112 comments Guys I can’t work the spread sheet but I’ve finished the first book so I’m going to put the review up on the other thread.

message 39: by Jaguane (new)

Jaguane | 112 comments Hey guys I can do Connecticut a main character who is at University. I’m reading the goal by L Kennedy

message 40: by Jaguane (new)

Jaguane | 112 comments Ah I forgot to tell you all which categories I planned for Georgia and Hawaii I was going to read crime novel for Hawaii and a title with the metal in it for Georgia I’m not sure what I’m going to do for the crime novel but I have a lot of them that I would like to read so I can tell you’ll which book after I pick one and for Georgia the metal in the title I was going to read silver springs.

message 41: by Jaguane (new)

Jaguane | 112 comments Changing my story for CT, going to try love story instead bc the goal is slumping me🤦🏻‍♀️ 😟

message 42: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff I noticed that someone else is planning on reading Carousel Beach. Do you want to do a BR for it?

message 43: by Lisa (last edited Jun 03, 2018 02:32PM) (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments @Jaguane: Great if you want to join me for Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi ! :) I'm sure you can use it also for a State. I'm starting tomorrow.
The thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 44: by Jaguane (new)

Jaguane | 112 comments Oooo Lisa okay I have to see if I can get it in the morning from the library bc I don’t have the book yet!

message 45: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments no need to rush. its a thick book and will take some time to read 😅

message 46: by Jaguane (new)

Jaguane | 112 comments Lisa they did have the book so I’ll be getting it soon 🙂

message 47: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Has anyone taken Arizona's challenge "with wings on the cover?". I was thinking about taking that one!

I also finished "read a contemporary book"! I'm in the middle of writing the review :)

message 48: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments No no wait! How about Minnesota's "a number in the title"? I'm hoping to read Six of Crows and I think Minnesota might be better for it!

Anybody taken Minnesota yet? Just want to make sure first!

message 49: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Gabi wrote: "No no wait! How about Minnesota's "a number in the title"? I'm hoping to read Six of Crows and I think Minnesota might be better for it!

Anybody taken Minnesota yet? Just want to make sure first!"

Just check the spreadsheet and the review thread. The link to both are in the first post

message 50: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Slytherpuff wrote: "Gabi wrote: "No no wait! How about Minnesota's "a number in the title"? I'm hoping to read Six of Crows and I think Minnesota might be better for it!

Anybody taken Minnesota yet? Just want to make..."

Thanks, Slytherpuff! Since not everyone is on the spreadsheet, I wanted to make sure first, but Minnesota looks clear!

I also had a curious question! I've noticed sometimes people only read books just for the page points. Is it possible to read a book that doesn't fit a state challenge, but still earn points for the team?

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.