YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Bush (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 304 (304 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Maddie (last edited Jun 02, 2018 03:13AM) (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 48922 comments Mod
Maddison - Here
Ryn - Here
Nicole - Here
Shae - Here
Isha - Here
Julianne - Here
Phoebe - Here

Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A...

Please make sure to always always put down the highest page edition you can find, regardless of language. I say this every time and people still get it wrong.

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Checking in! 😊😊😊

message 3: by phoebe (new)

phoebe carrazco (phoebecarrazco) | 545 comments Hi! Checking in :)

message 4: by Maddie (new)

Yau hey guys :D

What are your plans for the month? I'm trying to have no plans at all so I can just read what I want when I want... I'm really not into schedules at the moment.

message 5: by Shae (new)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments hello :)

message 6: by Maddie (new)

Yay!

message 7: by phoebe (new)

phoebe carrazco (phoebecarrazco) | 545 comments My plans for the month are to read:
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson for New Hampshire's - Read a book where the main characters name begins with "N"

Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch for Idaho's - Read a book with food on the cover or in the title.

War Storm (Red Queen, #4) by Victoria Aveyard for Deleware's - Read a book which starts with the letter "W"

A Study in Charlotte (Charlotte Holmes, #1) by Brittany Cavallaro for Alabama's - Read a book with the letters "S", "H" and "A" in the title

The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon for South Dakota's - Read a book first published in November

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green for Alaska's - Read a book by "John Green"

These are all buddy reads if anyone wants to join :)

message 8: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Im just sneaking in. Phoebe we could potentially do a br for love and gelato

message 9: by Maddie (new)

I'll join with I'll Give You The Sun.

And also possibly War Storm but I need to re-read the first 3 :p I told myself to start doing that 2 months ago, same with Throne of Glass, but neither's happened. Oops. Story of my life.

message 10: by Maddie (new)

My only plans so far are a few audios, hopefully Red Queen, hopefully one or two Throne of Glass books.

But I am definitely starting off the month with Obsidio :D

message 11: by Ryn (new)

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments Checking in!

Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A...

I'm reading the Children's Sequoyah list for the first of the month; haven't found many buddies but it has to be done and shouldn't take long. After that, I'm pretty open

message 12: by Maddie (new)

Oh thanks for the doc!

message 13: by Maddie (new)

That's a confusing doc I'll have to look into it more later

message 14: by Isha (new)

Isha (imisha) | 589 comments Checking in!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Checking in!

No plans for me yet. I'll see what I can find after the current challenge ends

message 16: by Maddie (new)

Yay! Can't wait for next month XD More of a chill month but I'm going to actually get lots more reading done in the first week because I'm just sitting at home. Going to try for a book a day.

message 17: by Maddie (new)

Nice work all checking in on time!

message 18: by Nicole's Book Diaries (last edited May 24, 2018 09:41PM) (new)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Hey guys! I'm still working on my reading plans for next month but so far I'm planning to read these:

Bring Me Their Hearts by Sara Wolf Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Significance (Significance, #1) by Shelly Crane Stay Sweet by Siobhan Vivian Storm Siren (Storm Siren, #1) by Mary Weber

I'll add more when I figure it out.

@Maddison Let me know if you feel like reading any of our BRs.

message 19: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Maddison, I have a BR for the whole Red Queen series set up for the 7th with the rest of my team basically XD You and Nicole are welcome to join

message 20: by phoebe (new)

phoebe carrazco (phoebecarrazco) | 545 comments Slytherpuff wrote: "Im just sneaking in. Phoebe we could potentially do a br for love and gelato"

Sure!! The BR is June 2nd and you're more than welcome to join :)

message 21: by phoebe (new)

phoebe carrazco (phoebecarrazco) | 545 comments Maddison wrote: "I'll join with I'll Give You The Sun.

And also possibly War Storm but I need to re-read the first 3 :p I told myself to start doing that 2 months ago, same with Throne of Glass, but neither's happ..."

Same!! I read the Red Queen series pretty recently so I feel like I can jump into War Storm without rereading them but I haven't read a Throne of Glass book in SO long that I feel like I completely forgot everything and it'll be hard to read Empire of Storms or Tower of Dawn without being totally lost haha

message 22: by phoebe (new)

phoebe carrazco (phoebecarrazco) | 545 comments Maddison wrote: "I'll join with I'll Give You The Sun.

And also possibly War Storm but I need to re-read the first 3 :p I told myself to start doing that 2 months ago, same with Throne of Glass, but neither's happ..."

And yay!! This is the thread for it :)
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited May 30, 2018 06:28PM) (new)

I found one book I know I want to read this month that fits a description

The Mad Scientist's Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke New York: has a family member in the title. Alabama: S H and A in title. Colorado: Main characters name begins with C. North Carolina: main characters name features N and C. Tennessee: More than 10 books (Not sure if novellas count) ]. Washington: First published in January. Wyoming: female author

Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1) by Rae Carson Alabama: Something yellow on cover. Delaware: Starts with W AND First in series. Iowa: First published in September. New Mexico: Clouds on cove (only a couple but maybe?) Tennessee: author written more than 10 books. Utah: Snow on cove (only a little) Wyoming: Female Author

Furies of Calderon (Codex Alera, #1) by Jim Butcher

A Break of Day (A Shade of Vampire, #7) by Bella Forrest

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare

Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima

Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones

message 24: by Maddie (new)

We just have to make sure that we use books for the hard tasks first because each task can only be read for once.

message 25: by Maddie (last edited May 25, 2018 06:59PM) (new)

Nicole wrote: "Hey guys! I'm still working on my reading plans for next month but so far I'm planning to read these:

Bring Me Their Hearts by Sara WolfGlass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard[bookcover:Cress|132..."

I really wanna read Bring Me Their Hearts! I love that cover!

Also, I'll try and read Twilight next month early so we can get to Sunset and maybe the third series? Also maybe Bravelands #2? I'm hoping to start off the first few days with a 24hr readathon. I'll just see how that works out.

Also I'll be reading Clockwork Prince when my audio comes in, so I'll let you know when that is. Who knows when I'll read VA #4... Can't properly remember #3 XD Is that the one that ends with (view spoiler)

message 26: by Maddie (new)

Andrea wrote: "Maddison, I have a BR for the whole Red Queen series set up for the 7th with the rest of my team basically XD You and Nicole are welcome to join"

That sounds very appealing, but honestly who knows because I'm trying not to schedule because when I schedule I don't read XD

message 27: by Maddie (new)

I'm thinking we should start putting stuff into the spreadsheet so we know what tasks to be looking for.

message 28: by Maddie (new)

Wait is that doc ours to use? Or is it master?

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments @Maddison I’m down for Sunset and Bravelands Too. I do have to get Bravelands first but I already have Sunset. I’ll wait for you on Clockwork Prince. We can wait on VA. I’m in no hurry for that. You should read Bring Me Their Hearts with me! Yeah I’m totally reading it because of cover lust but I read the premise and it’s my kind of story. So I’m even more excited to read it now! Oh yeah, any thoughts on reading Tearling?

message 30: by Maddie (new)

Right Twilight counts for
Delaware - first in series
Idaho - food on cover/paranormal book
Iowa - published Sept
Montana - wolves/shapeshifters
Oklahoma - love triangle
Virginia - vampires
Wyoming - female author
-----------
And Obsidio counts for:
Alamaba - yellow around words on cover
Arkansas - A first letter MC
Maryland - published 2018
Massachusetts - 600+ pages
Tennessee - Both authors published 10+ books
---------
They're my first 2 reads for the month. Where should I put them? I think I'd put Twilight in Iowa and Obsidio in Tennessee maybe? I'm not sure for Obsidio as all of those tasks are pretty tricky..

message 31: by Maddie (new)

Nicole wrote: "@Maddison I’m down for Sunset and Bravelands Too. I do have to get Bravelands first but I already have Sunset. I’ll wait for you on Clockwork Prince. We can wait on VA. I’m in no hurry for that. Yo..."

I just have to actually read them...

Also I think we want to read Invasion, we just have to actually put in effort... I might need to force myself to during the first week so I actually read it..

message 32: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Just popping in. Could we consider a Twilight series buddy reads?

message 33: by Maddie (new)

Sure Slyther! But I'm just reading the first book at the moment. You good to BR that at the start of the month?

message 34: by Isha (last edited Jun 01, 2018 06:58AM) (new)

Isha (imisha) | 589 comments These are some of the books I'm planning to read in June. Still have to figure out where they'll all fit though. If anyone has suggestions on moving around books to different categories, let me know!

Royals by Rachel Hawkins Wyoming: Female Author; Maryland: First Published in 2018; Nebraska: Contemporary Novel
I Have Lost My Way by Gayle Forman Maryland: First Published in 2018; Alabama: Letters S, H, A; Nebraska: Contemporary Novel
Always Never Yours by Emily Wibberley Oregon: Flowers On Cover; Nebraska: Contemporary Novel; New Jersey: Black Hair
Airports, Exes, and Other Things I'm Over by Shani Petroff Alaska: Letters T, A, X; Maryland: First Published in 2018; Nebraska: Contemporary Novel; South Dakota: Main Character's Name Starts with S; Wyoming: Female Author

message 35: by Maddie (new)

I think take Always Never Yours for the flower on cover.

Does everyone mind posting what tasks their books work for? And not just one task. Mind posting all of the tasks each book works for so that we can put them into the doc so we know what's taken?
Also so that we can agree on the hardest tasks for books.

I legit could have gone serious next month, didn't even think about it... My exams finish on the 15th of the month, and I've got the rest of the month off. Dammit why didn't I?

message 36: by Isha (new)

Isha (imisha) | 589 comments Maddison wrote: "I think take Always Never Yours for the flower on cover.

Does everyone mind posting what tasks their books work for? And not just one task. Mind posting all of the tasks each book works for so tha..."

I'm going to update my previous post with everything my books can count for :)

I think we shouldn't post the books in the spreadsheet until we decide what book is for what category though, because it seems like the way the doc is, it could get cluttered easily

message 37: by Maddie (new)

Yeah that's why I want everyone to post their choices here. So that then we put them in the doc they're definite so we can base our other reads off what hasn't been taken.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Smart idea Maddison! I'll edit my post

message 39: by Maddie (new)

Thanks.

Because I really don't want the whole miscommunication thing where people just read what they want and then take the spot when other people don't know what's going on.

So please take spots with your books before you read them.

message 40: by Maddie (new)

Here I am thinking I could maybe move up to serious :p I've got 2 full free weeks at the end of the month which I didn't really take into account... If a spot becomes available in a serious team I think I'll move up.

message 41: by Maddie (new)

Also guys could we please have a bit more communication going on? We need to discuss what books we think should go where, as it's the first of the month for me in 2 days, and I'm going to start reading then. I'll probably get an audio finished as I'm doing the 2hr drive to my parents' place.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

If you're able to make the reading commitment I would say you should definitely move up!

I havent seen anyone else having a book fit the Family Member in Title and that is my first read for next month so I think I should put my book there

message 43: by Maddie (new)

Yeah that's why I think I'm going to move up if a space is available. Just depends on how quickly I can read. Based on my audio pace these last few days, I'll get through way more than 12 books XD I'm getting an audio done a day. And I hope to do that with physicals as well.

Sure that works :) Chuck it up now.

What are your thoughts on my books?
Twilight counts for
Delaware - first in series
Idaho - food on cover/paranormal book
Iowa - published Sept
Montana - wolves/shapeshifters
Oklahoma - love triangle
Virginia - vampires
Wyoming - female author
-----------
And Obsidio counts for:
Alamaba - yellow around words on cover
Arkansas - A first letter MC
Maryland - published 2018
Massachusetts - 600+ pages
Tennessee - Both authors published 10+ books

message 44: by Maddie (new)

Maybe fit Twilight into Montana I'm thinking?

And I have no idea where I should put Obsidio XD It works for a lot of the tricky ones. I'm thinking either Maryland or Arkansas?

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I definitely think either one of those for Obsidio! Unless you wanted to use it for Massachusetts. I dont have many long books for this month

For twilight yeah Montana works best i think unless you wanted to use it for food on cover Idaho

message 46: by Maddie (new)

Sorry I meant Massachusetts XD Not Maryland.

Oh true we have to complete both descriptions not just one. Just hard to know whether or not someone else'll read a werewolf book.

message 47: by Maddie (new)

I think I'll take Obsidio for Massachusetts, I'll put that in now.

And I'll put Twilight into the werewolf card.

message 48: by Maddie (new)

I've put the ones I've claimed into purple font.

message 49: by Maddie (new)

I'm also prepared to read random books at the end of the month to fulfil the other harder cards that don't get completed. I've got many books here with me I can read XD

message 50: by Maddie (new)

Also on the spreadsheet, can you mention when you plan on reading the book? So that we can all know if things get taken what we could swap out?

My other books:
The Return
- MC starts with J (Mississippi)

I'll Give You The Sun
- About twins (Texas)

Keeping the Moon
- Sunglasses on cover (Florida)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.