What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > 1970-80s Historical Romance Novel About Queen of Navarre

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shari (last edited May 23, 2018 12:01PM) (new)

Shari Richardson (shari_richardson) | 2 comments I read this book when I was in high school, so mid-1980s.
The opening scene was an invasion of a royal house (I can’t remember which one). During this invasion, the heroine’s brother loses a pinkie to the invaders. They are children at the time.
The heroine is forced into marriage with Navarre, but loves another. I think she was forced into another marriage before she and the man she loves can be together.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

message 2: by K.L. (new)

K.L. | 72 comments Maybe Jean Plaidys Evergreen Gallant about Henry of Navarre and his first wife Margot?

message 3: by Shari (new)

Shari Richardson (shari_richardson) | 2 comments Thank you for your suggestion. I just checked this one and that wasn't the one :(.
I can barely even remember the cover because it fell off the book when I was in high school and i re-read the book through college without it. LOL

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Shari, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 216 comments Another Jean Plaidy suggestion is Queen Jezebel, which is part of the trilogy about her mother, Catherine de' Medici, but also about Margot's marriage to Henry while she is still in love with another man.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Queen Jezebel (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jean Plaidy (other topics)