Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > The Kneebone Boy-4 Stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanne (last edited May 23, 2018 12:17PM) (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8431 comments The Kneebone Boy

4 Stars and A Big Smile!

I picked this book up because in another challenge group I needed a book with a cat on the cover. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as a much as I did.

The Hardscrabble children(Otto, who doesn't speak-Lucia who always reads-and Max the deep thinker) live in a small town. They are the kids who always get bullied because they are different. Their mother disappeared one day, their father goes away on business a lot. Needless to say the poor kids do not have a lot on their side.

One day their father, whos' trips are usually planned, has to pick-up and go. He sends them off on the train to London to a relative, who will meet them at the train. When the relative never shows up, the adventure begins.

I loved how the author had one child as the narrator. It made the reading easy and light. And it made me smile a lot!

Looking for a light summer read? Try this one-I promise you won't be disappointed.

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Glad you enjoyed this! I just looked at the cover and it sounds/looks like a mash of of The Boxcar Children and the Addams Family! lol

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8431 comments Nicole R wrote: "Glad you enjoyed this! I just looked at the cover and it sounds/looks like a mash of of The Boxcar Children and the Addams Family! lol"

Yes Nicole, I saw the Adam's family too when I looked at the cover;)