Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Axel's Pup (Werewolves & Dragons, #1)
This topic is about Axel's Pup
Archive (Buddy Reads) > June Buddy Read - Axel's Pup (J.C., Ezinwanyi)

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8263 comments **

message 2: by Ezi (last edited May 23, 2018 04:12PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments Hey JC,
We don't have that many books in common but I saw some authors that I love on your shelf that I'd like to consider:
From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata Ramsay by Mia Sheridan Seek by Mia Sheridan Ryan's Bed by Tijan Alec Mackenzie's Art of Seduction (MacKenzies & McBrides, #9) by Jennifer Ashley

message 3: by Ezi (last edited May 23, 2018 03:46PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments J.C. wrote: "Actually we have allot of books in common it's just I haven't updated my selves in while but I wouldn't mind reading or or any his..."

I'd like to try Axel's Pup (Werewolves & Dragons, #1) by Kim Dare .

I decided to remove Ruthless King (Mount Trilogy, #1) by Meghan March from my TBR. I don't like that rapish thing I am reading in the reviews. I am open to other books too

message 4: by Ezi (last edited May 23, 2018 10:52PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments J.C. wrote: "Ezinwanyi wrote: "J.C. wrote: "Actually we have allot of books in common it's just I haven't updated my selves in while but I wouldn't mind reading or or any his..."

I'd like to try [bookcover:Axe..."

What historical books are you interesting in reading?

P.S. I've notified Karen of our book choice :)

message 5: by Ezi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments Ok. I don’t like Lorraine Heath, and Susan Elizabeth Philip books. I do love a bunch others and so i will look at my shelf in a little bit

message 6: by Ezi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments J.C. wrote: "Ezinwanyi wrote: "Ok. I don’t like Lorraine Heath, and Susan Elizabeth Philip books. I do love a bunch others and so i will look at my shelf in a little bit"

How about something in one of these er..."

I’ll nominate a few this week

message 7: by Ezi (last edited Jun 08, 2018 05:36PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments Some choices:
While You Were Spying (Regency Spies) by Shana Galen 50 Ways to Ruin a Rake (Rakes and Rogues, #1) by Jade Lee Ruthless (The House of Rohan, #1) by Anne Stuart A Perfect Gentleman by Candace Camp Potent Pleasures (Pleasures, #1) by Eloisa James To Save a Sinner by Adele Clee --it's free on amazon

message 8: by Ezi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments J.C. wrote: "I'll go for To Save a Sinner or what about Sonata for a Scoundrel or The Mannequin?

Also I will be starting Axel's Pup (Werewolves & Dragons, #1) by Kim Dare on Wen..."

Wednesday works for me. I will comment as I go. Very 2-3 chapters commenting

message 9: by Ezi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments J.C. wrote: "I'll go for To Save a Sinner or The Mannequin?

I don’t mind either one of those two

message 10: by Ezi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments J.C. wrote: "Let's finish Axel's Pup first and see what happens afterwards? Then we can decide to read 1 or all 3 and continue on till we finished with our books? Every 2 or 3 chapter's sounds b..."

So Wednesday we shall begin this ride together!

message 11: by Ezi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments I’m about to begin the audio...are you ready?

message 12: by Ezi (last edited Jun 18, 2018 06:16PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments I didn’t realize this was a Biker AND Shifter AND BDSM book.
How interesting. This is a first for me in the m-m genre to have this triple threat.

Also, I feel like Axel and Grizz are common biker names

message 13: by Ezi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments J.C. wrote: "They are, I have read a few M/F biker books and have been with those names. I'm starting this now myself.. Most of Ms.Dare's book's are bdsm, lite dark, and paranormal area. Only have read 2 other'..."

It's okay. Summer camps and kids are seriously making reading time difficult

message 14: by Ezi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments I’m on chapter 3 where Baden accepted a bet for 40 lashes on his back on bare back with Richards. Is it all bravado or is there some reason Baden can’t turn down any bets or challenges? I don’t get it why he always has to accept everything. Is his parents on a money pinch or does he feel like he has to take care of them?

I’m glad Axel was there to watch over the scene. It’s scary how many “Richard”-like Doms are out there to abuse people

message 15: by Ezi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments He is a real chip on his shoulder about the level of disrespect he feels that wolves have suffered at the hands of humans.

Plus, I just heard Brayden's mom say his dad is incurable

message 16: by Ezi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments Not his dad but his grandfather and Bayden doesn’t seem to ha e siblings. But he’s constantly angry about wolf stereotypes.

This dude just hustles humans all time. He hustles fighters, no alcohol bets and he also has sex with humans on bets.
Wow!

I do like the author is taking her time building the story and intimacy with Brayden and Axel

message 17: by Ezi (last edited Jun 21, 2018 08:18AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments It’s the humans that seem kind are the ones to be worried about...
Axel’s mom doesn’t trust humans

What do you think Bayden and his mom have endured at the hands of humans? There is a strong mistrust and almost hatred of human

message 18: by Ezi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments Brayden has a knee jerk reaction to any insult to wolves. Are the other wolves this angry and reactionary to every single slight.
I wish there were other shifters, not just Brayden’s mom

message 19: by Ezi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments I just finished this one and it feels unfinished. I really like the steady hand Axel (Gabriel) used with Brayden. It was definitely helped shape a great dom-sub relationship

message 20: by Ezi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments J.C. wrote: "Ezinwanyi wrote: "Not his dad but his grandfather and Bayden doesn’t seem to ha e siblings. But he’s constantly angry about wolf stereotypes.

This dude just hustles humans all time. He hustles fi..."

This summer has been brutal between camps for kids, swimming (it’s been 102 degrees the last couple of days here in Dallas) and hosting my brother’s family
I think I’ve only read 6 or 7 books as opposed to 15 books

message 21: by Ezi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments J.C. wrote: "I hear you, I have been having the same weather as you since I'm in the Galveston area. My parents live in the Dallas area and we just went up and visited during father's day weekend. I hear you on..."

We got a hermit crab and turtle when we went to Galveston beach. The crab died. The big ass turtle was walking in front of our house and kids went to eat a snack since it moves soooo slow. 10 mins later it vanished into thing air. We suspect a neighbor took it but I can’t go around accusing them until i get in their house and they never invite us in 😕